20:07, Tue 9 Jul
Anyone going this year?

Midlands band called Fangs Out are opening one of the stages with a bang on Friday.

Very much early Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes vibes for anyone interested in checking them out.
BlueCobbler
Anyone going this year?

Midlands band called Fangs Out are opening one of the stages with a bang on Friday.

Very much early Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes vibes for anyone interested in checking them out.

My mate lives in the village,every villager gets free tickets. Not my cup of tea, it's an age thing.
20:42, Tue 9 Jul
My lad’s going, been last 5 years.

Frank Turner there this year, few on here that know his stuff. Sean McGowan too.
20:46, Tue 9 Jul
Tempted for a day ticket to see Bob Vylan again.
20:49, Tue 9 Jul
Nice, I've not been before so looking forward to it. Only heard good things about it for years.

Yep, looking forward to Frank. Seen him a couple of times previously but never at a festival so should be good.

They're putting the football on tomorrow night in one of the tents for the early birds, should be a great atmosphere!
20:50, Tue 9 Jul
Unfortunately they're clashing with a band called Palm Reader who are playing their last ever show on Friday. I'm going to play it by ear on the day before making a decision!
21:01, Tue 9 Jul
Yep, looking forward to it. Went last year and enjoyed it so much going again. I’m a bit middle age so the bands last year really suited me, didn’t know that many this year but there’s enough to keep me entertained.

And it’s 3 days on the beer away from my kids.
21:22, Tue 9 Jul
Awesome. Thursday is my best day by far lineup wise.

Gaslight Anthem headlining (Although I've seen them twice before so will be checking out Better Lovers first), should be ace. Big fan of Spanish Love Songs as well.

If you see anyone roaming about the Fangs Out set on Friday in the crazy green and orange tiger striped Blues 3rd kit from a couple of years back, that'll be me!
21:36, Tue 9 Jul
Haha, I’ll look out for you. I think Sundays the day I’m looking forward to most. But I just love the forest stage and all the madness that encompasses!

Best festival I’ve been to by far, not the line up Download but just a really relaxing time with loads of bands.
21:36, Tue 9 Jul
If you’re there early tomorrow check out a band called Pet Needs at 4pm. Been following them a few years. Put you in a good mood for the game!
21:48, Tue 9 Jul
Yeah man, say hi if you do spot me!

Sounds ace. I did Download last year (Having not been since Ozzfest 2002 as a teenager) and it was good fun but was hard work for 4 days.

I'm a bit more hard-core, post-hard-core, emo leaning rather than out and out metal so I'm not big into a lot of the scene that goes with Download.

Definitely think Trees is going to be more my vibe. Just gutted I'm going after Jimmy Eat World and Thrice have headlined in previous years!

Will definitely check Pet Needs out. I've heard some of their stuff on the festival's Spotify playlist and liked it!
21:52, Tue 9 Jul
BlueCobbler
Yeah man, say hi if you do spot me!

Sounds ace. I did Download last year (Having not been since Ozzfest 2002 as a teenager) and it was good fun but was hard work for 4 days.

I'm a bit more hard-core, post-hard-core, emo leaning rather than out and out metal so I'm not big into a lot of the scene that goes with Download.

Definitely think Trees is going to be more my vibe. Just gutted I'm going after Jimmy Eat World and Thrice have headlined in previous years!

Will definitely check Pet Needs out. I've heard some of their stuff on the festival's Spotify playlist and liked it!

👍
21:58, Tue 9 Jul
Th play lists are really good as there’s loads I haven’t heard of, got enough for 8 or 9 bands I won’t miss and then will stumble between the stages.

Will defo say hi!
22:22, Tue 9 Jul
Have never been to this festival but used to work less than a mile away in Andoversford.

The road between the A436 and Withington is really just a very small country lane. My wife keeps her horses less than a mile away and the the lady that runs the stables lives in Withington.

Had a look at the line up and do not recognise one band/Artist.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
22:56, Tue 9 Jul
To be honest with you, we went last year because I knew 7 or 8 bands instantly and it’s pretty cheap by festival standards. We loved it so much we booked tickets before the line up was announced….. I knew 1 band.

I’ve listened to a few now and I’m not as up to date with music as I used to be but there are some decent bands in there. Last year had Hell is for heroes, Hundred Reasons, Skindred, Frank Carter, No Devotion, Pitchshifter, Kid Kapichi and a couple of others I knew.

This year nothing, but last last year my favourite acts (aside from a couple I named) I’d never heard of.

But I’m all about enjoying myself now and sauntering between stages to have a look at new music Suite me fine. The food is great, beer is reasonably priced and you can take in as much as you like of your own stuff, but they do say it’s where they make money so please buy a couple of pints. It’s also a 5 minute walk from and stage to another and a maximum of 15 minutes to your tent. Perfect for lazy ex rockers like myself.

Beautiful setting as well, although you are right, I was convinced I’d taken a wrong turning for about 20 minutes and all of a sudden it was right in front of me.