10:40, Wed 10 Jul
Emanuel Aiwu started 22 Championship games during his loan spell at Birmingham City

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
10:57, Wed 10 Jul
I'd have taken Aiwu for league one but not for 3 million quid.
I've been attending since the days of Dave Mackay and I'm struggling to think of a worse CB we've had in that time. I'm sure there are a few who I've forgotten, but you could probably count them on one hand.
11:07, Wed 10 Jul
El Hijo de Quarkio
I've been attending since the days of Dave Mackay and I'm struggling to think of a worse CB we've had in that time. I'm sure there are a few who I've forgotten, but you could probably count them on one hand.

I trust your judgement mate.
11:10, Wed 10 Jul
Harsh imo. Aiwu was OK just prone to the odd clanger.
11:15, Wed 10 Jul
Haircut1000
El Hijo de Quarkio

I trust your judgement mate.

Cheers mate. Even going back to the days of Overson, Dryden, Matthewson etc, I still can't think of anyone I think was worse than Aiwu. High praise indeed!
11:19, Wed 10 Jul
Waggeh
Harsh imo. Aiwu was OK just prone to the odd clanger.

Possibly, I may well have forgotten a few duffers, but I'm not sure I agree with your analysis. He was really poor for us IMO, it wasn't just a few clangers, he was all over the place positionally. Half the battle of being a decent CB is just being in the right place at the right time, and he was AWOL far too often. I'm open to suggestions of worse CB's if you've got any?
11:23, Wed 10 Jul
I think part of him going missing was what he was asked to do under Rooney. Like be aggressive and win the ball high up the pitch. Which he was pretty good at tbf.

Like I say, he was nothing special but nowhere near the worst we've had.
11:23, Wed 10 Jul
Lol
11:24, Wed 10 Jul
Why?

He can’t defend
11:30, Wed 10 Jul
I think Aiwu looked worse than he was, IMO, because he was first played out of position then later played as a pair with Sanderson, who he is far to similar to.
He might have settled okay if he'd had a decent run at CB next to someone like Long, who is more complementary in style and got the experience to tell him to stop trying to do everything, rather than stay in position.
11:32, Wed 10 Jul
It would be interesting to see the points and win ratio when he started those games.

It didn't feel like we won many with him in the team.
"supporters should be patient a little while longer - sunshine days are just around the corner."
Ken Wheldon - March 18th 1988
11:42, Wed 10 Jul
Waggeh
I think part of him going missing was what he was asked to do under Rooney. Like be aggressive and win the ball high up the pitch. Which he was pretty good at tbf.

Like I say, he was nothing special but nowhere near the worst we've had.

You make a decent point about Rooney asking him to play high up, but he still did the same under Venus and was all over the place. He also let people go past him far to easily IMO.
11:43, Wed 10 Jul
Snoop
I think Aiwu looked worse than he was, IMO, because he was first played out of position then later played as a pair with Sanderson, who he is far to similar to.
He might have settled okay if he'd had a decent run at CB next to someone like Long, who is more complementary in style and got the experience to tell him to stop trying to do everything, rather than stay in position.

Yeah Aiwu and Sanderson were a terrible partnership. The points per game when they both played was ver low.
11:45, Wed 10 Jul
Darren Rogers
Ken Armstrong
Tommy Williams
Geoff Scott
Ian Atkins
Rafael Schmitz
David Edgar
Paul Robinson

All worse than Aiwu.