16:01, Mon 22 Jan
It’s a football issue that’s linked to politics and something ALL football fans should be at liberty to read about and discuss without having to have access to the politics board. Being no-platformed for understanding and explaining why racism at football is exacerbated by politics is censorship of anti-racism and implies complicity with the problem and its causes.

Not good.
16:07, Mon 22 Jan
👏
17:00, Mon 22 Jan
👍
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
17:07, Mon 22 Jan
👍
17:09, Mon 22 Jan
The only things which are not allowed on the main forum are politics, race, religion and 'serious' current affairs

I think that thread is covered by this rule quite comprehensively.

The subject is not being "No Platformed" it's just been moved to the appropriate forum.
17:14, Mon 22 Jan
Of course it’s being no platfomed and that’s a very poor cop out. If it got/gets personal it would be more understandable but even then a warning and/or post removal would suffice.

Should SSN move all discussion of it to their dedicated news channel?
19:15, Mon 22 Jan
Sky Sports pre-screen contributors to their channels
21:36, Mon 22 Jan
QBBC2
Of course it’s being no platfomed and that’s a very poor cop out. If it got/gets personal it would be more understandable but even then a warning and/or post removal would suffice.

Should SSN move all discussion of it to their dedicated news channel?

Is it being no platformed or do you have no access to the politics board?
01:00, Tue 23 Jan
It’s a football thread about racism at football and the wider implications in societies lead by right wing governments, not a political thread that touches on football as you both well know.

Andy’s reasons are known. I think it’s a poor defence. We all know racism occurs within the Blues ranks. If racists or their enablers are riled by discussions on a football forum about racism at football then they should be outed or educated - exactly as most on here were recommending happen at the game. The same punishment should be metered out too. They’re either your values or they’re not. You don’t pick and choose according to how it affects you, the whole point is how it affects everybody of colour.

If people can’t refrain from posting racist comments or ideology then they should surely be banned from the forum anyway. If they can’t discuss it without getting personal they should be moderated accordingly.

If we’re not allowed to discuss the topic openly, a topic that directly affects the matchday experience, then how can things change?

Stand up. Make a difference. Be heard. But do it over there between yourselves, not in public. That’s like saying call out racism at the game, but not in public. Do it in a pub over the road so nobody gets in trouble.

Given the importance of the topic this is poor.

I’ve registered my displeasure and given my reasons. I’ll leave it at that and behave appropriately on the main forum. I don’t think me and the politics board would be a good mix and my head’s not in that space any more.

I may take the knee before every post in protest though 🧎
06:43, Tue 23 Jan
I’m inclined to agree with QBBC2 - this is a topic that needs to be discussed as widely as possible and that won’t necessarily happen by moving it to the politics board as there are people who choose not to go there as it is pretty unpleasant at times.

It was originally a football story - the actions that precipitated it started in a football ground during a game of football. It does reflect wider society, I accept that, but this is something that happens regularly at football grounds across the globe.

It is also related to society as a whole so to some extent I understand why it was moved but for me it belongs on the football page - people can still choose to ignore it on there if they want.

Not my decision and I’ll engage with it anyway as I do use the politics board - it is a shame that some people won’t.
06:58, Tue 23 Jan
Having been no platformed for a bit for a jocular aside relating to a nation I won’t mention, I have considered the mods to be a bit heavy handed.

On the other hand I have excluded myself from the politics board because the discussions on there tend to be circular and on the whole moronic. That’s not a criticism, just an observation.

So if the Udinese thread developed in the way I suspect it did, I’m with the oligarchic Distinguished Usage Panel.
09:36, Tue 23 Jan
‘Not a criticism’ 😂

Thank god it doesn’t degenerate in the same way when we discuss nothing but the beautiful game and it’s relation to our beloved blues, you’d have to become a hermit.