14:27, Sun 5 Nov
They're knackered, been like it for ages. I take my own can of WD40 now.

Keep the lid in my back pocket so they can't take it off me.
14:30, Sun 5 Nov
Yep, agreed.
14:33, Sun 5 Nov
So it’s drop the ‘who’ subs announcement and sort out the turnstiles in Gil Merrick. Plus a few more signings. For the next club meeting 👍
Those hand held machines used by the gate staff to scan are useless. My tckt didnt scan so the gateman just let me through. However the same gateman wouldn't let the bloke in front of me and his young lad in because the lads tckt didnt scan?

Also the gate needs some WD40 as some have said, you have to be a strongman to push it to get in. This was at 2.30 and the queues were getting big then
14:53, Sun 5 Nov
The situation yesterday escalated once the game kicked off, and fans were really peeved at missing the start. Loads were shouting "open the gates," but none of the stewards seemed to know what to do.

Then it appeared fans were being allowed to use the lower tier turnstiles, and at the same time a gate was opened for some equipment to be taken through. At that point a lot of fans steamed through the open gate, until that is, an irate female steward closed it!

Me and a mate went through the lower turnstiles because it appeared this was being allowed, but then on the other side, the stewards hadn't got a clue where to send us.

It transpired that the only way to the upper tier was via a lift. On accessing the small lift with another guy and 3 kids, there were already 4 security guards (I think) in it with surprised looks on their faces. Everone having just about crammed in, the lift opened in the hospitality area, and the female steward there was quite miffed to see us all, but kindly directed us to the GMU main stairs.

A bit of an adventure, but at least we got to our seats in time to see the 1st goal.

As has been said, too many people (including myself) turn up late from pubs etc. and expect to get straight in, but then again, personally I've done this for donkeys years at other parts of the ground without a problem
14:54, Sun 5 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
Andy62
I was in the GMU yesterday and the turnstile I went through was very stiff and difficult to get through, I know I’m a bit of a wimp but it felt like it needed a bit of oil to loosen it up and I wasn’t the only one to have difficulty with it and it slowed access through it. I arrived relatively early and there was already a queue to get through it
They’ve been like that since we went up there for a season in 21/22. Absolute joke and difficult for some to open and oh so easy to fix. I mentioned it every game and Eff all was done

So… here’s the thing. As I understand it, the club are aware of it and it’s not easy to fix at all.
They will be aware of it for sure. I made sure of that as would others. If oil doesn’t solve the issue putting a new turnstile in seems an easy fix to me though

Agree.. but you need a regime who are willing to spend the money on that, and a time frame to do it. The former regime clearly didn’t like spending money … and I think this is a job that would be saved for the summer.
15:02, Sun 5 Nov
In fairness they had no problem spending. Just not how me and you would have preferred it spent on
Tony Fantastico
16:59, Sun 5 Nov
El Mayor
coventrybluenose
It was carnage tbh but if there is a message that needs to get back to Wagner it’s that if you can’t get the tech right then you need better people there to manage the situation.

It doesn’t help when everyone rocks up at 2:55. I was in the GML and I could see the queues were huge when I got there.

Was in the same area. You can’t really complain if you rock up so late. There is always the risk something could go wrong.

I never get in the ground later than 20mins before hand
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend
17:05, Sun 5 Nov
Andy62
I was in the GMU yesterday and the turnstile I went through was very stiff and difficult to get through, I know I’m a bit of a wimp but it felt like it needed a bit of oil to loosen it up and I wasn’t the only one to have difficulty with it and it slowed access through it. I arrived relatively early and there was already a queue to get through it

Emailed the club early in the season about that turnstile. They said it had been passed to the maintenance team.
Nothing happened so emailed again. Got no reply after that. Use one of the others further up now.
So not all has changed for the good.
17:09, Sun 5 Nov
I’ll raise it at the fan forum. Leave it with me son.
17:35, Sun 5 Nov
Freddie Pickering
Andy62

Emailed the club early in the season about that turnstile. They said it had been passed to the maintenance team.
Nothing happened so emailed again. Got no reply after that. Use one of the others further up now.
So not all has changed for the good.

See my response on this thread... think it'll be something that won't get done until the summer
17:36, Sun 5 Nov
Thongs
I’ll raise it at the fan forum. Leave it with me son.

Been asked for your meal choices yet Thongsy?
17:43, Sun 5 Nov
Thanks for the reminder, I’ll mail that in tomorrow with my list of demands.
El Mayor
Rab C Nesbitt
Andy62
They’ve been like that since we went up there for a season in 21/22. Absolute joke and difficult for some to open and oh so easy to fix. I mentioned it every game and Eff all was done

So… here’s the thing. As I understand it, the club are aware of it and it’s not easy to fix at all.

Thinking about this the GML holds about 3500 and there are 8 (?) Turnstiles that's almost 450 people per turnstile. If best case scenario = 5 seconds per person that means it takes 40 mins to get everyone in.

If hundreds turn up at 10 to 3 I can see why the club are saying it's not easy to fix.

As has been pointed out there are other issues with signage (or lack of), cramped access and sh1te lighting. Also St Andrews St is a nightmare with parked and moving cars.

Needs to be high on the list of Phase 2 of ground improvements methinks.
STH on and off since 86. FML.
17:57, Sun 5 Nov
I was there with Squatty at 2.40pm. Not an unreasonable time to get to the turnstiles imo. Something needs sorting as there could have been a nasty crush if people at the back of the queue had started shoving in frustration when the game started. Missed kick off and yes, you need to be a weightlifter to push that creaky old 1920s turnstile.