10:56, Wed 15 Nov
Copper fox and covered wagon both good calls but it’s the merrymaid for me
10:58, Wed 15 Nov
The stagecoach carrying the paraphernalia for the first desigrill in Newcastle had yet to arrive
11:03, Wed 15 Nov
Agreed.The Vine is the best out of all I’ve tried.

When this subject was discussed a while back,I tried the covered wagon which disappointed.

All opinions of course.
11:03, Wed 15 Nov
So help me here, how do i persuade the wife to go to these places. She and the kids get as adventerous as a Korma and whenever we discuss going out a curry is at the bottom of the list.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
11:04, Wed 15 Nov
newblue
The stagecoach carrying the paraphernalia for the first desigrill in Newcastle had yet to arrive

Oddly enough, Soho Tavern have been expanding - Walsall, Hampton in Arden, and one in Gateshead (or Kibblesworth at least).
11:06, Wed 15 Nov
Robert Hopkins
So help me here, how do i persuade the wife to go to these places. She and the kids get as adventerous as a Korma and whenever we discuss going out a curry is at the bottom of the list.
Go out with a mate to one. They’ll soon start tagging along if they think you’re enjoying yourself
Tony Fantastico
11:15, Wed 15 Nov
The Coleshill Bar and Grill
11:22, Wed 15 Nov

They all do grills served on sizzling platters, maybe sell that to your Family instead of curry?

They usually have chicken tikka and drumsticks, lamb chops, fried fish, and sheesh kebabs on the large platters that can be shared, so something for everyone hopefully.

Oh, and massala fries
11:22, Wed 15 Nov
Robert Hopkins

You don't. Tell her you're going for a curry and enjoy your night off.
11:51, Wed 15 Nov
Rasputin
Tap and Tandoor in the old Sadlers Arms in Solihull is really nice if expensive.

Been told the Flying Elephant nearby is better, yet to try.
Gazball?
11:53, Wed 15 Nov
Get her a butter chicken, some chilli or masala fries and alcohol
11:57, Wed 15 Nov
Wazball
Rasputin
Tap and Tandoor in the old Sadlers Arms in Solihull is really nice if expensive.

Been told the Flying Elephant nearby is better, yet to try.

so last week Tap and Tandoor had a pretty terrible food hygiene rating, its been updated since so they clearly made improvements but something to watch out for.
12:03, Wed 15 Nov
I think the vine is really poor personally, for me Merrymaid is the best grill and Hen & Chickens best curry.
12:05, Wed 15 Nov
Finchy
I think the vine is really poor personally, for me Merrymaid is the best grill and Hen & Chickens best curry.

If you are going into West Bromwich The Red Lion by Sandwell Hospital is better than The Vine these days I reckon.

You have to like the food hot though, they don't really do mild.
12:12, Wed 15 Nov
Good shout on the Copper Fox
Another Quinton based one, The New Talbot