11:18, Fri 1 Dec
Nose of Blue
I've been parking at the girls school for years. Getting away is a piece of piss if you're turning left out of there heading back towards Saltley, Alum Rock. You can cut up into the side roads and there's zero traffic.

Looking at Google maps, there looks like there is two entrances to the school. Is it the second one (going away from St Andrews, towards Saltley) to park?
11:31, Fri 1 Dec
I used to park on the Railway Bridge on the basis it was very busy and therefore the car was relatively safe for up there and was good for a quick getaway after but unless you get there well before 2 on a Saturday it’s all gone these days. If the club are committed to improving the match day experience for fans who drive in maybe they could have a look to see if there are any sites within reasonable walking distance that could be leased and staffed for match days to increase secure car parking capacity. Obviously chargeable so it’s at least zero net coat to the club.
11:51, Fri 1 Dec
Taities Rambo
Nose of Blue
I've been parking at the girls school for years. Getting away is a piece of piss if you're turning left out of there heading back towards Saltley, Alum Rock. You can cut up into the side roads and there's zero traffic.

Looking at Google maps, there looks like there is two entrances to the school. Is it the second one (going away from St Andrews, towards Saltley) to park?

That's the one I use. I think both do get opened up, but if you use the second one, don't make the mistake after the game of thinking you can cut through to your car from the first entrance. I tried that after the Leeds game in August and I couldn't find a way through so ended up returning to the road and walking through the second entrance!
11:54, Fri 1 Dec
There's a big problem with traffic after the game now.
It just makes parking anywhere between Garrison Lane and Watery Lane unattractive.
I know some park on Garrison Street, but you still have to go round Garrison Circus to leave which is often blocked up. The combination of tram works in Digbeth and HS2 works is a nightmare for traffic.
I like parking on Derby Street or Montagu Street as they are easy to get away from, but the parking restrictions stopped that. It's crazy as we ended up parking by houses instead.
In the PL days I used to park opposite the White Tower by what was Malcolm and the canal. You can't do that now. It's all HS2 and student flats.
11:57, Fri 1 Dec
It seems to have got worse before games too. Absolutely mental before Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday which seems to be the case with many drivers up there too.
12:02, Fri 1 Dec
The traffic from by our ground to around the city centre makes me ill most days.
12:02, Fri 1 Dec
Sheep2
There's a big problem with traffic after the game now.
It just makes parking anywhere between Garrison Lane and Watery Lane unattractive.
I know some park on Garrison Street, but you still have to go round Garrison Circus to leave which is often blocked up. The combination of tram works in Digbeth and HS2 works is a nightmare for traffic.
I like parking on Derby Street or Montagu Street as they are easy to get away from, but the parking restrictions stopped that. It's crazy as we ended up parking by houses instead.
In the PL days I used to park opposite the White Tower by what was Malcolm and the canal. You can't do that now. It's all HS2 and student flats.

Never too many cars that is the issue
12:16, Fri 1 Dec
It has got worse, and that is before the crowds increase - The big bottle neck even before the game seems to be Watery Lane, and it can back up all the way to the Aston Expressway. I park in Garrison Street so don't go towards the MacD's but is there any other roadworks or other tmeporary issue that may go in future ? If not we are in trouble when the crowds get bigger.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:23, Fri 1 Dec
Of course there are too many cars.
But closing off parts of Digbeth and putting in parking restrictions has made things a lot worse without there being any growth in traffic.

I'd like to use public transport much more. I went in to Birmingham last night to the Castle & Falcon. I live about 3-4 miles from the cross city line so it is a drive to the station.
There is a bus, but last time I tried to catch that in the evening it didn't turn up.
I can get the Cross city line to Sutton and a taxi home or the bus, which is cheaper and more convenient, but if the 11.15 bus doesn't turn up I've missed the last train as well.
I didn't massively fancy the walk round the edge of Highgate. It's a bit edgy and it was cold last night.

If we move to Wheels it would be nice to have improved transport options. If we had more fans turning up driving would be even less attractive. I think it's quite a bit closer to Duddeston station so parking at a station and walking from there would be a practical option. Especially if the station was less bleak.
12:26, Fri 1 Dec
Before Ipswich, after finding the secure parking at Arthur St was closed at 2pm I drove around for about 25 minutes trying to find somewhere but it was chaos. I ended up finding somewhere nearly back in Sparkbrook. TBH I was very close to saying eff this and go home. Roll on a new stadium and this won’t be popular but absolutely nowhere near there would be fine with me.
12:30, Fri 1 Dec
Robert Hopkins
It has got worse, and that is before the crowds increase - The big bottle neck even before the game seems to be Watery Lane, and it can back up all the way to the Aston Expressway. I park in Garrison Street so don't go towards the MacD's but is there any other roadworks or other tmeporary issue that may go in future ? If not we are in trouble when the crowds get bigger.

Once the tram works are complete on Digbeth High Street that will help as the traffic will flow better.

New Canal Street is shut as well for HS2.

I am not sure why, but the traffic is much worse than last season and was even before the lower Tilton reopened.
12:43, Fri 1 Dec
Bordesley green girls school I park £5 and only 10 minutes walk and easy to get away.
12:47, Fri 1 Dec
I have tried to use the trains before. Getting to the ground from either Solihull or Whitlocks end is ok though last time I tried they cancelled all the trains so I ended up having to drive in anyway, Getting back I have found an absolute ball ache due to already packed trains turning up at Bordesley or being cancelled, I have no faith whatsoever in public transport these days so as much as I hate parking up there it’s the only option for me especially evening games.
12:54, Fri 1 Dec
I sometimes park at Millennium Point multistorey. It's 20-25 mins walk and not cheap (£5.40 for 4 hours), but is safe and secure and easy to get away from after the game. Night games I park somewhere else but I'm not saying where cos I don't want to lose it... Haha.
shd
13:04, Fri 1 Dec
I’ve given up driving after a parking ticket on the night of the baggies game, and frankly, the pay and display around Digbeth is minimal as it’s all permit
I also had a run in with a guy who ran a company around ravenhurst st
I’d used the few spots on the front for years as I’d never seen the place open until he banged on my window and threatened to start clamping

I’ve started using the train now