09:36, Sat 2 Dec
I’m not sure Rooney will deliver but I believe the project will.
That’s the key reason why I’m a believer
Tony Fantastico
Tam
09:49, Sat 2 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
I’m not sure Rooney will deliver but I believe the project will.
That’s the key reason why I’m a believer

That’s where I am with it too. It's frustrating at the moment but it will come good, I have no doubt of that.
Make Blues Great Again
10:34, Sat 2 Dec
Falstaff
Yes. I don’t even have the slightest doubt. Not this season. Some improvements next season and we will be promoted the season after, playing the sort of football that will make us competitive in the Premier.

Just supposing we had been promoted under Eustace, playing as we did. It would have been brilliant, but there is no way would we have survived in the top flight.

A long term project isn’t just about getting into the Prem, it’s about staying there and making an impact. We need to play possession football to do that. Most Premiership sides do, and those that don’t won’t be there for long.

Rooney will deliver. There will be some disappointments along the way, but it’s a marathon not a sprint.

What in his 27% win rate CV makes you think he’ll deliver. I’m not a hater, I’m a doubter. Don’t get me wrong, l hope he does but l haven’t got your faith. Give him January window and a dozen games in after the summer window for sure and then we’ll see. In the mean time l’ll just hope for the best.
11:05, Sat 2 Dec
Partisan Blues Fan
There seems to be players who have not yet adapted or are not good enough to play this. We won't build a team around a player that does not fit this system.

Seems rather silly to have invested so much money in players that don't fit this ideology then, doesn't it.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:09, Sat 2 Dec
We shipped four goals and looked like conceding every time Blackburn went near our box. Claiming we were the better team is hilarious.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:11, Sat 2 Dec
What made them think that Rooney would do the job for us
His cv as a manager is rubbish
A very good player but name me a very good striker who has gone on to be a good manager apart from Kenny Dalgleish
Alan Shearer?
Kevin Keegan?
Bobby Charlton ?
Zola?Lambert ?
Good players no good as managers
Sorry but I’m not a Rooney fan
11:20, Sat 2 Dec
johnthefence
Falstaff
Yes. I don’t even have the slightest doubt. Not this season. Some improvements next season and we will be promoted the season after, playing the sort of football that will make us competitive in the Premier.

Just supposing we had been promoted under Eustace, playing as we did. It would have been brilliant, but there is no way would we have survived in the top flight.

A long term project isn’t just about getting into the Prem, it’s about staying there and making an impact. We need to play possession football to do that. Most Premiership sides do, and those that don’t won’t be there for long.

Rooney will deliver. There will be some disappointments along the way, but it’s a marathon not a sprint.

What in his 27% win rate CV makes you think he’ll deliver. I’m not a hater, I’m a doubter. Don’t get me wrong, l hope he does but l haven’t got your faith. Give him January window and a dozen games in after the summer window for sure and then we’ll see. In the mean time l’ll just hope for the best.

I’m not judging him on his statistics. If I was, I’d be sceptical too. I’m looking at the style of football that he’s trying to introduce, and that we have seen glimpses of, and his expressed footballing philosophy.

Our chances created in the week was incredibly high. Could have easily scored six. Yes, those chances were not converted, but they should have been. That is simply a matter of having the right player to take the chance, it’s not about the style of play, which was clearly working in order to create those chances.
11:35, Sat 2 Dec
Brian Clough, was a striker.
11:39, Sat 2 Dec
I keep reading that we haven't bought the right kind of player for the system but I can only think of Long as someone who definitely wouldn't. The others all seem young and skillful, should be able for it.
12:46, Sat 2 Dec
Rasputin
Partisan Blues Fan
There seems to be players who have not yet adapted or are not good enough to play this. We won't build a team around a player that does not fit this system.

Seems rather silly to have invested so much money in players that don't fit this ideology then, doesn't it.
Nothing wrong with players not yet ready(Rome was not built in a day), but if 1 player does not make if it and is moved on its not that big of a deal as most of the players bought in since Knighthead have come in are more than adequate. Unfortunately many years of running the club into the ground by the previous owners is not going to be fixed overnight. As already said its no sprint its a marathon.
12:47, Sat 2 Dec
Spanner
What made them think that Rooney would do the job for us
His cv as a manager is rubbish
A very good player but name me a very good striker who has gone on to be a good manager apart from Kenny Dalgleish
Alan Shearer?
Kevin Keegan?
Bobby Charlton ?
Zola?Lambert ?
Good players no good as managers
Sorry but I’m not a Rooney fan

Not sure this argument holds water. I don't believe good strikers naturally have a distinct personality that will prevent them from becoming good managers,its just unusual at the moment.

Anyway,Johan Cruyff fits the bill
12:49, Sat 2 Dec
It's quite strange, most fans practically begged to sign Sanderson and Bielik as they were players to build around. Suddenly not good enough.

Kevin Long who is experienced and competent is gone (is he injured?).

Longelo who is an attack minded player, ideal for what we are told the tactics are, has been bombed out.

I fear for Laird and Buchanan if they are gonna be part of a defence thats conceding 2 goals a game.

We are dangerous going forward but we can't keep hanging our defenders out to dry like we have been so far.
12:53, Sat 2 Dec
That's all very well, but we don't have the strikers to score those chances and neither do we have the defenders to play this style. I'm all for investing for the future, but surely there is equal importance in getting some results now.
13:04, Sat 2 Dec
pridding
That's all very well, but we don't have the strikers to score those chances and neither do we have the defenders to play this style. I'm all for investing for the future, but surely there is equal importance in getting some results now.

That is a reasonable question. The balance is in adopting a new style of play that equates to long term future success, versus the difficulty in doing that, which might result in short term failure.

I’m prepared to take the long term approach, even though it is risky. I’ve supported Blues for well over 60 years. I have tasted short spells of success, but never known us challenge to become one of the top teams. I genuinely think that is where the club is heading, so I’ll be patient and be prepared for a bumpy ride.
13:07, Sat 2 Dec
Falstaff
pridding

That is a reasonable question. The balance is in adopting a new style of play that equates to long term future success, versus the difficulty in doing that, which might result in short term failure.

I’m prepared to take the long term approach, even though it is risky. I’ve supported Blues for well over 60 years. I have tasted short spells of success, but never known us challenge to become one of the top teams. I genuinely think that is where the club is heading, so I’ll be patient and be prepared for a bumpy ride.
👍