18:21, Tue 12 Dec
Yeah needs to do it to keep his job
18:21, Tue 12 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose27
Return to 4231 low block then with bielik and sunjic cdm. I agree about those worried about Rooney changing style, that is worrying, though if it’s to get results that we need then it has to be done imo. We can’t keep losing horribly in the name of trying to play this new style which isn’t working or the players can’t or won’t play . Of course we could get nothing reverting to the pragmatism style as well.
Can you play Bielik tomorrow after Friday’s (lack of) effort?

Sunjic for me
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
18:23, Tue 12 Dec
If it was me picking the team then no, as I agree with you and he doesn’t deserve to play. I’d play james who imo has been our only bright spark under Rooney, but he’s not really a cdm.
18:24, Tue 12 Dec
Outplayed by Albion granted but can't remember many chances for them and thought we looked good on the break with Dembele, Bacuna and Miyoshi.
18:31, Tue 12 Dec
Super Hans
Tom TheProject Brady
Rab C Nesbitt
He’s dug himself a huge hole. Certainly can’t be accused of a just a plan A. But can be accused of not having a plan or a style of play

Not a good look atall.

Whatever he does he can’t win now. He’ll either get criticised for sticking to something which hasn’t yet worked, or criticised for changing his “philosophy”.

He AND EVERY PLAYER can win some games, that will probably help.

Fixed that for you. They're all responsible. Don't absolve the players.
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
Don’t agree without there Rab. What he wanted to implement hasn’t worked, for whatever reason. Maybe he’s not good enough, maybe the players aren’t good enough. Maybe injuries to our better players have kiboshed it.

Assuming there is going to be a big change of approach it makes sense. Back to basics, or something like basics, try and limit some damage, re-evaluate and have another go, utilising lessons learned from past errors.

It’s what Edison would have done.
18:39, Tue 12 Dec
I would have said any home game this season before Hull.

At the very least we wasn't giving many chances away.
Wagner will learn from this. That’s the biggest positive for me. This won’t happen again hopefully
Tony Fantastico
18:41, Tue 12 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluenose27
Return to 4231 low block then with bielik and sunjic cdm. I agree about those worried about Rooney changing style, that is worrying, though if it’s to get results that we need then it has to be done imo. We can’t keep losing horribly in the name of trying to play this new style which isn’t working or the players can’t or won’t play . Of course we could get nothing reverting to the pragmatism style as well.
Can you play Bielik tomorrow after Friday’s (lack of) effort?

I'd pick him again personally but with a very stern word in his ear before kick off. The fact that his lack of effort was highlighted on Sky's coverage will have been pretty humiliating so hopefully we might get a reaction from that.
18:47, Tue 12 Dec
If the next 9 results are as bad as the last 9, he won't be here, that's obvious. Something has to be attempted over the next few games.

I wouldn't have a problem if they all admitted it hasn't worked and something else was being tried. That would only be a short-term facesaver though and I guess they'd still move him on at the end of the season.
Bluesince65
Listening to WR’s press conference today, are we now going to see the prioritising of gaining points and abandon the style the owners changed manager for? It’s already been absent in the last few games. I wonder how much influence is being exerted now to change the stated priorities? Or maybe just an acceptance it hasn’t worked out.

If there is influence/ pressure to change style we are now in a situation whereby the Owners/Board/cooke now want him to be like what they sacked JE for being like.😁😁. What a mess!!

ya couldnt mek it up Tom!
19:02, Tue 12 Dec
This would be the sensible approach ie go back to what last worked but he knows he is going to get pelters if he return to the JE system because the obvious criticism is why the hell did we change manager?
19:12, Tue 12 Dec
If style of play is to change, is this something he has instigated himself or run it by the powers that be?
19:16, Tue 12 Dec
Dunno but doesn't really matter does it ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
19:28, Tue 12 Dec
Well it does matter, it matters a great deal if you are intent on finding reasons to bash him.