19:30, Tue 12 Dec
PRBlue
This would be the sensible approach ie go back to what last worked but he knows he is going to get pelters if he return to the JE system because the obvious criticism is why the hell did we change manager?

Because he has a much larger profile and will bring in revenue to the club. Thats the answer to all that raise that.
19:45, Tue 12 Dec
If the manager and players halt the losses and start picking up points would that be a good thing ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
19:46, Tue 12 Dec
Can’t answer that but as in most walks of life pragmatism tends to prevail over ideals. If Rooney is going to stay I personally think Garry Cook just needs to shut up about on the pitch matters and let him find his own way forward.
19:48, Tue 12 Dec
Tha Project OBE
Well it does matter, it matters a great deal if you are intent on finding reasons to bash him.

It's ugly !
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
19:55, Tue 12 Dec
Revenue will drop off a cliff if we get relegated whether Rooney is there or not.
Tam
20:32, Tue 12 Dec
generalBlue
If the manager and players halt the losses and start picking up points would that be a good thing ?

It would be a very good thing indeed, but I have a feeling that Rooney will never be accepted by the fanbase as a whole, unless he performs like Pep. Not Clotet, obvs.

I think that he'll always be walking on eggshells otherwise.
Make Blues Great Again
20:41, Tue 12 Dec
Tam
Sacked again not long ago, poor Pep.
21:20, Tue 12 Dec
Tam
I don’t agree with that. Nobody expected miracles. Some common sense would have been fine eg not changing pretty much everything for his first game after two wins.
21:20, Tue 12 Dec
I don't really understand the negative response to this. A good manager gets the best out of the tools at his disposal. Rooney needs to find the best system that our squad can play, not try to force them into implementing a system the current players simply cannot adapt to.

When he has his own players in place, then implement the system the hierarchy demands.

Winning games by playing horrible football is still better than losing games while playing pretty football.

Of course, the problem comes if he can't get them winning games whatever style he tries.
07:52, Wed 13 Dec
generalBlue

Of course, why wouldn't it be?
07:55, Wed 13 Dec
PRBlue
Revenue will drop off a cliff if we get relegated whether Rooney is there or not.

The premise was that we were going back to what worked - if it's working we wouldn't get relegated.

So to answer your original question - extra revenue. If you want to change your question you can't then apply my answer to your new question.
08:55, Wed 13 Dec
If the mens team is going to temporarily drop the playing style, the winning mentality and the no fear approach and instead adopt a 'survive at all costs' approach, does this mean that the womens and youth teams will also adopt this style in order to keep them aligned and maintain the same playing style throughout the club? Or are all of the recent plans (IE style alignment) being abandoned as well as the playing style of the mens team?
08:59, Wed 13 Dec
brierleyblue
I don't really understand the negative response to this. A good manager gets the best out of the tools at his disposal. Rooney needs to find the best system that our squad can play, not try to force them into implementing a system the current players simply cannot adapt to.

I don't know about a negative response, but surely people will ask questions like - 'how did a good manager not realise this from the start?' or 'how did a good manager ever think it was a good idea to try to conduct such a change at the point that it was tried?' and leading on from these they might ask 'why did we spend money and effort changing a half-decent manager for one who thought that this would be a good idea?'
09:19, Wed 13 Dec
Onel Hernandez
generalBlue

Of course, why wouldn't it be?

Just checking !

23 more points needed ( approx ) from 26 games.
That's Wayne Rooney's target and his players.
It's not massively ambitious but that's the bottom line.
Ultimately it would be terrific if we could adapt to a free flowing style full of attacking intent with high energy and a swagger. However needs must and right now if we adopt a more safety first approach and gather more points in the process I'll take that without reservation.
09:22, Wed 13 Dec
WR Blue
brierleyblue

I don't know about a negative response, but surely people will ask questions like - 'how did a good manager not realise this from the start?' or 'how did a good manager ever think it was a good idea to try to conduct such a change at the point that it was tried?' and leading on from these they might ask 'why did we spend money and effort changing a half-decent manager for one who thought that this would be a good idea?'

Are you ever gonna give Rooney a break ?
What's to be gained from dwelling in your misery ?
Move on, it's happened !