balance out the prize money through the entire 92 and get rid of the parachute payments and it will definitely evolve better. at minute no cash prize eneft between finishing 17th and 4th in championship if the gao in prize money between top of championship was closer to that at the bottom of the prem it would close the imbalance.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
10:11, Sun 7 Jan
bluer than blues
On this point, do you think the phrase "the magic of the cup" needs to finally be buried? The only upset so far has been Maidenhead's victory over Stevenage. The PL clubs easily swatted away their Championship opponents and with the three promoted clubs staring at relegation and the three relegated clubs in the top four of the Champ, has the chasam finally become to big to bridge?
The gap between the Premier league and "the rest" is so wide now, FFP as put a stop to anyone even half competing with them, the Football League should totally let them have the FA Premier league and let the others have a chance of a bit of success, it won't be long before one of their U21 teams win the lower division cup that should be only for league 1 and league 2 clubs.
10:12, Sun 7 Jan
Robert Hopkins
balance out the prize money through the entire 92 and get rid of the parachute payments and it will definitely evolve better. at minute no cash prize eneft between finishing 17th and 4th in championship if the gao in prize money between top of championship was closer to that at the bottom of the prem it would close the imbalance.
I agree, parachute payments should be got rid of.
10:34, Sun 7 Jan
I'd like Arsenal at home
11:01, Sun 7 Jan
Panda
They would effing batter us on the pitch. Not worth it at all.

This

I've definitely got old... The thought of 'not' wanting to play a local derby ?

On that basis, I presume nobody wants the club to get promoted ?
11:06, Sun 7 Jan
666VAN
Panda

This

I must be getting old... The thought of 'not' wanting to play a local derby ?

A local derby would be good if we had better quality players and if we got promoted then we would have better quality players at the club, as it stands they would probably stuff us by 6 or 7, are you ready for that type of humiliation, we would never hear the last of it
15:15, Sun 7 Jan
666VAN
Panda

This

I do not want to play them. Not on the basis that they have better players than us, thats normal. Or that we’d likely lose, again, unfortunately, thats normal. Its the fact that I don’t think that this Blues team have the heart, fight or bottle to stop it being a humiliation.

Plus we’ve got to beat Hull first.
15:29, Sun 7 Jan
bluer than blues
On this point, do you think the phrase "the magic of the cup" needs to finally be buried? The only upset so far has been Maidenhead's victory over Stevenage. The PL clubs easily swatted away their Championship opponents and with the three promoted clubs staring at relegation and the three relegated clubs in the top four of the Champ, has the chasam finally become to big to bridge?

Maidstone. I think it's partly due to their being a lot of all Prem ties.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
15:49, Sun 7 Jan
Would take Plymouth home, Stansfield does like a goal against them, worst draw, Blackburn away, or Man City away.
16:58, Sun 7 Jan
Tackle by White there was more aggressive and sliding in than the one Bielik got sent off for. Great tackle.
666VAN
Panda

This

Playing B6 in the PL when we have been promoted and have better players would be something to look forward to

Playing them NOW, there is just too much a gulf. The game would resemble yesterdays Sunderland/Ncastle game with the same outcome/result
Magic of the cup

If we lose who cares - expected and they’re still DVB’s

If we win - amazing, they wet the bet and hopefully derails their top 4 hopes .
19:06, Sun 7 Jan
We will draw Chelsea at home.
19:25, Sun 7 Jan
Trialist
We will draw Chelsea at home.

I'd take that.

Or Man Utd home/away.
H

Consistently correct.
19:40, Sun 7 Jan
Dolph
Magic of the cup

If we lose who cares - expected and they’re still DVB’s

If we win - amazing, they wet the bet and hopefully derails their top 4 hopes .

That's I how see it.

We're a league below them and would be underdogs.

I can't imagine an Albion fan not wanting to play Wolves.
Or even a Walsall fan, not wanting to play Villa.

The day I stop looking forward to a local derby, is the day I knock Blues on the head. Even the thought of them reading this thread and seeing some of our fans being scared to play them.... Dear me.