12:50, Wed 10 Jan
It's obviously been very quiet on that front what with the manager change but I wonder if we're close to getting anyone in?

We definitely need another striker, we have done for about three years.

Think we'll sell anyone?

Whilst we won't go down I think we will need 1-2 to come in to give us that bit of extra depth to stop it being tighter than we'd like.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
Unless it is a permanent signing that is one for the future i'm inclined to say save the money and spend it next season. We have enough with TM in charge to see us safe this year then we go for it big style next season.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:53, Wed 10 Jan
Couple of loans coming in I reckon, maybe Drameh signing (frees up a loan as well), hopefully Burke sent back to free another up. I think everyone will want to see what Mowbray makes of what we have first and keep the powder dry until summer.
I think we will end up mid table with this squad - would rather any budget was saved until the summer personally
I know with ffp it’s difficult, but positions we still need is a striker like you said, a central midfielder, a centre half and a goalkeeper.

Loans will be important again and sending Burke back would be ideal.
Dan
12:54, Wed 10 Jan
If Rooney had still been in charge then I think a keeper would have been a must. Taking away the issue with Ruddy being asked to change the way he plays, I don't think he's been great this season but assuming he's not going to be asked to play 20 yards outside of his box I think he'll get us through the season.

I'd like another central midfielder, regardless of whether James goes or not, just to lessen the chances of having to watch Gary Gardner.

Centre forward goes without saying.
12:54, Wed 10 Jan
Mowbrays Toe & Knee
Unless it is a permanent signing that is one for the future i'm inclined to say save the money and spend it next season. We have enough with TM in charge to see us safe this year then we go for it big style next season.

Inclined to agree. Obviously a lot of players need replacing but with an experienced manager now in charge I think we have more than enough to not worry about relegation. Then in the summer let the real rebuild start.
12:55, Wed 10 Jan
I think Scott Hogan will be off. Sheff Wed have been linked.

Even if it's a free (similar type deal where we acquired Kevin Long) and the gaining club takes his contract on I would assume the club would take that.

If he's on 20k a week (most certainly wrong) you would save circa £500k for the rest of the year against the FFP.

(Someone more knowledgeable than me keep me honest)
12:57, Wed 10 Jan
if we can get most of his wages off the books and a loan replacement with a profit that makes sense to me.

otherwise not too fussed about waiting for summer.

suspect if anything does happen it wont be until the end of the month though, most clubs pretty quiet atm.
12:58, Wed 10 Jan
Bluenose27
I know with ffp it’s difficult, but positions we still need is a striker like you said, a central midfielder, a centre half and a goalkeeper.

Loans will be important again and sending Burke back would be ideal.

I would take a loan in a position like striker but not keen on going mad with loans.

Loans cost, and in some cases are expensive (Carvalho to Hull), so not really interested if they're not part of the longer term plan. As others have said I believe we've got enough when everyone's fit to stay in the league comfortably.

Go for it properly in the summer when things start to free up
I hope there’s radio silence until anything happens
13:10, Wed 10 Jan
12 new players, one of them being Raul Jiminez. #ITK
13:13, Wed 10 Jan
Cancel the loans of Aiwu and Burke.

Bring in a centre back, central midfielder and a number 9.
13:18, Wed 10 Jan
Sign Drameh, send Burke back.

And then if possible bring in a couple of loans to supplement what we already have.

If we decide to sell JJ then I'd maybe look at bringing in a proper box to box midfielder that can play (Max Bird) to replace him and keep the rest of the funds until the summer.

Ideal window looks something like:

Keep JJ
Sign Drameh

Offload Burke and Hogan

Diallo and a striker in on loan.
13:25, Wed 10 Jan
With a negotiated fee on the table for aiwu I’d doubt he’d have a recall or termination clause. I don’t think I’d send him back either without guarantee we’d get anyone in better.

I’d definitely sign Drameh now rather than run the risk of him interesting over clubs.

He’s good as it gets as cover in this league