23:13, Wed 10 Jan
Regardless of whether we’re working class or not, what style of football do you want to see at the end of our evolution? When we’re established at the top table what sort of footballing identity do Blus fans want?

Man City’s surgical precision
Liverpool’s rock n roll
Newcastle’s shithousery
Tottenham’s gung-ho
Arsenal’s highly strung artisanry
23:45, Wed 10 Jan
if it had to be one of those I'd say Liverpool. Man City are dull. Spurs a bit too OTT.
23:57, Wed 10 Jan
I don’t really give a shit. Presumably once we are promoted or stable in the Prem we’ll replace CG on the footballing side of things with a proper DoF. And that person will drive our identity.

I just want young players from Birmingham and the wider West Mids to be given a chance through our academy, and to want to come here instead of rotting at Man City or wherever.

If we focus on that and always have a few local lads in and around the side I’ll be more than happy.
00:00, Thu 11 Jan
if it had to be one of those I'd say Liverpool. Man City are dull. Spurs a bit too OTT.

I hope we’re as dull as Man City
00:49, Thu 11 Jan
You know what I mean though. I’d rather as a neutral watch Liverpool than them
03:18, Thu 11 Jan
I want to go into most games with an expectation that we have a chance to win. That we have a team who are organised, with a plan tailored for the specific opposition.
I'd love us to play expansive, entertaining football and blow teams away, but that's not where we're shopping at the moment.
I'd like promotion. I'd like a few cup runs. I'd like to play in a Wembley final (not just a playoff final) at least one more time before I'm gone.
I'd like us to go toe to toe against Villa, and end the season above them in the league for a decade.
But, ultimately, I want a team to be proud of, a club that carries the name of the best city on the world with pride and that is a place Jude Bellingham would look to play for before the twilight of his career.
For me we can mix and match any combination it takes to win. I’m not a purist, especially when it comes to us. I’ve never had an expectation of being entertained when I watch the Blues. I just want us to compete in every game and win as many as we can. My fix of aesthetically pleasing football can be had by sticking the TV on and watching other teams do that stuff.

I appreciate good football but I don’t expect Blues to produce it (very often). I appreciate good football but I don’t need Blues to play it.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
06:13, Thu 11 Jan
I think the chaos of Liverpool would suit us. They're the most entertaining side to watch.
06:33, Thu 11 Jan
Birmingham's no fear.

Hard as nails, often winning 5-4, often down to 9 men, opposition always bricking it. A team of Ravels.
07:24, Thu 11 Jan
philly_bluenose
I want to go into most games with an expectation that we have a chance to win. That we have a team who are organised, with a plan tailored for the specific opposition.
I'd love us to play expansive, entertaining football and blow teams away, but that's not where we're shopping at the moment.
I'd like promotion. I'd like a few cup runs. I'd like to play in a Wembley final (not just a playoff final) at least one more time before I'm gone.
I'd like us to go toe to toe against Villa, and end the season above them in the league for a decade.
But, ultimately, I want a team to be proud of, a club that carries the name of the best city on the world with pride and that is a place Jude Bellingham would look to play for before the twilight of his career.

He said what style at the end of our evolution, not now.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
07:35, Thu 11 Jan
Arsenal with Henry etc, that was just like watching another sport. On a realistic level I would be happy with a team that string a few passes together and look like we might score occasionally.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
08:37, Thu 11 Jan
The Leeds / Biesla madness football.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
Dave Bassett's in your face crazy gang thug football, make var earn their corn
A winning one

Get into them and feck 'em off

Nothing else
This thread demonstrate the issue with 'no fear' football. It means something different to different people.

Personally i'd like to see us play the direct style that Liverpool play, gegenpress, if you like. And as much as I don't like saying it, Vile's style this season has been good (though theirs and Spurs' high defensive line is a bit ridiculous at times).