14:33, Thu 15 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Brilliant that Tatts. Agree with everything in there 💙
It’s intact though. Not in tact 😉

You are correct, Rab. Thank you.

I'm having a bad day, clearly. Will have to sack more staff!
14:37, Thu 15 Feb
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
“Sometimes I feel some people are more comfortable lamenting what was and might have been through rosy-tinted specs rather than getting behind the here and now and embracing the possibilities of the future.”

Well put. Exactly the point. I see this everywhere at the moment.

I enjoy nostalgia. I enjoy reminiscing about the good times. But sometimes I do find it strange that especially with where the club could be going in the years ahead, people aren't more embracing and excited about this and the journey.

I guess it's so many years of disappointment, dross and despair. People have been conditioned to it.

But, still.
14:40, Thu 15 Feb
TATTS ATTACKS FAIR WEATHERS

Turn to page 4

(I agree btw, still a hell of a lot of pessimistic miseries online and at the ground, we've had a transformational takeover, the club is changing rapidly before our eyes but some can't see past the last 45 minute performance)
Happy Clapper
14:44, Thu 15 Feb
Le Mod
TATTS ATTACKS FAIR WEATHERS

Turn to page 4

(I agree btw, still a hell of a lot of pessimistic miseries online and at the ground, we've had a transformational takeover, the club is changing rapidly before our eyes but some can't see past the last 45 minute performance)

But have I TAKEN TO TWITTER . . . ?

The only pessimism I have is whether I will be around to see these plans come to fruition. You young bucks may never have it so good.
14:48, Thu 15 Feb
Tatts
Rab C Nesbitt

Good to see you back writing mate. Dunno what year you started working for the Post and Mail but my old man always bought both in yamland rather than the E&S and you were a constant from when I started reading the paper regularly aged 10 or 11 in 85/86. My mad old man loved you btw. I always think of him when I read your articles now, so cheers
Tony Fantastico
Tam
14:48, Thu 15 Feb
Tatts
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
“Sometimes I feel some people are more comfortable lamenting what was and might have been through rosy-tinted specs rather than getting behind the here and now and embracing the possibilities of the future.”

I enjoy nostalgia. I enjoy reminiscing about the good times. But sometimes I do find it strange that especially with where the club could be going in the years ahead, people aren't more embracing and excited about this and the journey.

I guess it's so many years of disappointment, dross and despair. People have been conditioned to it.

But, still.

I loved what were, for me, the formative childhood years - my first ever Blues game against Villa in Feb 68, then the still vivid 5-4 against Fulham with Greenhoff's four goals and a penalty miss, the TF, Latchford and Francis years were fantastic as a young lad and then a young-to-mid-teen. Some indelible memories and wonderful ones too.

I'm 63 now, and so excited about the future and I just hope that I'm around for long enough to see it come to fruition. I had this sort of excitement in the early days of Sullivan and Gold, and up until probably around 2005, when it looked like a decline in the relationship between owners and fans was looking like it could be permanent.

The scale of this, though, is potentially massive - it's easy to look back on whatever good times that we've had, individually, supporting the club, while being pretty damn excited about the possibilities for the club and the intent of Tom Wagner and Co. In fact, it's bloody difficult not to be excited for the future.
Make Blues Great Again
14:57, Thu 15 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Tatts
Rab C Nesbitt

Good to see you back writing mate. Dunno what year you started working for the Post and Mail but my old man always bought both in yamland rather than the E&S and you were a constant from when I started reading the paper regularly aged 10 or 11 in 85/86. My mad old man loved you btw. I always think of him when I read your articles now, so cheers

That's a really nice thing to say. Thank you, sincerely.

God bless your dad.
15:00, Thu 15 Feb
Tatts
Rab C Nesbitt
Tatts
Rab C Nesbitt

God bless your dad.
💙
Tony Fantastico
15:03, Thu 15 Feb
Tom TheProject Brady
I found this story from Alex Dicken quite remarkable.
[twitter.com]
Strangely enough, after a post-match pint in Bar 8 whilst killing time before my train, I spotted three people peering through the door to the press room in the Main Stand and thought it a bit odd. I wondered if maybe they wanted to try and nick a programme or team sheet. Or even the Beau Brummie costume . . .
But no, they had hung around until 10.30pm to burst in and say their piece.
Whilst everyone is entitled to their view and responsible for their own actions, can we just move on?
A group of fans in the lower Gil Merrick burst into a chorus of ‘There’s only one John Eustace’ as he walked off the pitch towards the tunnel, on the final whistle.

Cult like weirdos

The last bit doesn't bother me - given how he left and that we won the game it doesn't hurt as a goodbye to him from Blues fans. I don't think it would need to be repeated though - thanks and bye, done.
15:15, Thu 15 Feb
Don’t want Rags shouting at me again.
15:17, Thu 15 Feb
You do
Tony Fantastico
I think you are a good writer and a person of sound judgement. I enjoy reading what you have to say.

I hope you will keep giving your views (including what is happening in other areas of the club).
17:17, Thu 15 Feb
Rab C Nesbitt
Tatts
Rab C Nesbitt
Tatts
Rab C Nesbitt

God bless your dad.
💙

Tatts is the reason I applied to study Journalism at Uni but my old man talked me out of it 😂
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
17:22, Thu 15 Feb
Ha 😁
Tony Fantastico
17:57, Thu 15 Feb
Tam
Tam
Holdsworth_MaraSonner

Yes, I used to be like that.

They were great days.

Well played Tam 🤣

Excellent piece Tatts. Keep em coming