09:00, Wed 27 Mar
I've never used this station and if I'm honest I never knew it existed until yesterday.

I can see it links up to Moor Street Station, but where does it go?

Are there lines in place that would link it to New Street and Snowhill stations?
09:02, Wed 27 Mar
You can get a train there from New Street in 4 minutes when I looked on Trainline.

Unless I've cocked that up somehow.

Think it's about 15 mins walk from the Everybody Hertz Arena.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:04, Wed 27 Mar
BlueStorm
I've never used this station and if I'm honest I never knew it existed until yesterday.

Are there lines in place that would link it to New Street and Snowhill stations?

It doesn't link to Moor Street Station mate, it's on the New St to International line.
09:07, Wed 27 Mar
BlueStorm

It doesn't link to Moor Street Station mate, it's on the New St to International line.

Also goes through New Street to Rugeley in the other direction via Tame Bridge, Walsall and Cannock.
09:07, Wed 27 Mar
Yeah I'm sure it joins to Moor Street. Which, let's face it is City Centre even though it's not New Street.

Also goes out toward Solihull and NEC through Stechford / Lea Hall and that I think.

I've never actually caught a train from there personally.
09:09, Wed 27 Mar
Yeah I'm sure it joins to Moor Street. Which, let's face it is City Centre even though it's not New Street.

Also goes out toward Solihull and NEC through Stechford / Lea Hall and that I think.

It tunnels under Moor St, you can see this clearly on Google Maps which is where this confustion is coming from, but it goes to New Street only.

Linked Image
09:12, Wed 27 Mar
Tom TheProject Brady
BlueStorm

Also goes through New Street to Rugeley in the other direction via Tame Bridge, Walsall and Cannock.

Brilliant, with that logic it also goes to everywhere!

Where ever it goes, it goes.
09:13, Wed 27 Mar
Surely New Street is fine?

You can get to new street from everywhere and to everywhere right?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:13, Wed 27 Mar
Spike

It doesn't, trust me.
09:14, Wed 27 Mar
First time Spike has been wrong. Seismic activity with our club at the moment
09:16, Wed 27 Mar
El Mayor
Spike

It doesn't, trust me.

Concur, its on my line, London Euston line and I find it occasionally stops at Adderly Park but I would assume the rather small station may be developed.
09:18, Wed 27 Mar
Nikola Zigic

Absolutely, its more than fine. Its excellent.

New Street is the busiest interchange Station in the country. With the stadium been 4 minutes away by train is brilliant.

Having great transport links is absolutely key to new stadia.
09:19, Wed 27 Mar
It will be, the area is also a shit hole. It'll be unrecognisable though.

Basically, there's a station 15 minutes walk from our new stadium that's served by the big city centre train station in 4 minutes.

It's almost as if they thought about this when buying the site.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:21, Wed 27 Mar
Nikola Zigic

Yeah, it's why I couldn't work out why people were insisting there were no transport links when the idea was first mooted.

You can be at New Street in a couple of minutes and go anywhere from there. Short walks to Moor Street and Snowhill. Link from New Street to the Metro. NEC / Airport in probably, what? 15 minutes? and fly anywhere from there.

Duddeston is not that far to walk either and that opens up other local lines.

Also these stories are talking about bringing forward the Metro extension right past either the current or proposed new ground.

Motorway network very near, City Centre near - and Digbeth nearer.

The short sighted lack of vision people had was amazing and thankfully not shared by the owners.
09:26, Wed 27 Mar
El Mayor
Spike

It doesn't, trust me.

That's fine cheers, so it joins with New Street which is even better.