Tam
17:12, Fri 29 Mar
Rags
Rags
I said it was rooneys fault not the players back when he was here. I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong. Here we are on manager number 5, and we’re still absolute cack. If going down gets rid of most of them then fine, cause they’re shocking.

Eustace got some sort of tune out of them, i thought Mowbray was getting there too

Most teams in the division were finding their feet, our players were fresh and playing without pressure on warm days and evenings. In a parallel universe i truly don’t believe a full year of Eustace would have made a jot of difference.

I can guarantee you that if Eustace had stayed we would be safe by now. I think Mowbray will an advancement on Eustace (so not wanting him back)

.... but so many people refuse to give Eustace credit for what was getting us through - organisation, team spirit and a plan (not an exciting plan - but an effective plan)

This is true - 18 points from 11 games versus 21 from the next 28 is quite a difference. I know that it was ONLY 11 games, but feck me, most of the last 28 have been difficult, a couple of Mowbray games apart.
Make Blues Great Again
17:15, Fri 29 Mar
Bluenose27
I said it was rooneys fault not the players back when he was here. I hold my hands up and say I was totally wrong. Here we are on manager number 5, and we’re still absolute cack. If going down gets rid of most of them then fine, cause they’re shocking.

Rooney was still shit, but these players are the most unlikeable, feeble group we have ever had.

Craig Gardner has to go, it is his squad.
17:15, Fri 29 Mar
PerthBlue
Bacuna, Paik and Bielek were the only players that turned up today, without Bacuna we would already be relegated

Bacuna was Motm by some distance.
17:16, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
Let’s not forget Mowbray was not particularly enchanted with the players or the performances
GBBlue
Rags

Most teams in the division were finding their feet, our players were fresh and playing without pressure on warm days and evenings. In a parallel universe i truly don’t believe a full year of Eustace would have made a jot of difference.

So no credit to JE? It was the warm weather and other teams not settling in that got us 18 points?
Since he left the other 5 managers have only got 3 more points than JE got and they have had lots more games

JE was not the messiah and wouldnt have got us promototed but we would be on more than 39 now if he had stayed
17:17, Fri 29 Mar
Rags
malahideblues
Bluenose27

its the gutless and half hearted defending, they dont care as they will just find another club, ive said it for weeks, we need bodies on the line, this group of players dont have the collective will to fight for the club, too many loan players, too many journey men.
Add to that too many coaches,this season has been nothing short of a train crash, forget new stadiums and all that invest on the blooming pitch first and foremost, thats more important to us fans than a brand new shiny stadium which will only be a gateway for money to go into the money mens pockets

Sorry Gerry - but that completely misses the entire point of what is going to happen at the club. Less money spent on the team won't result in more money being spent on the stadium ,,,, and vice versa.
decent team, poor stadium or poor team, top class stadium ? i know what i would be looking at first, unfortunately mate stadiums dont win football matches
GBBlue
Rags

So no credit to JE? It was the warm weather and other teams not settling in that got us 18 points?
Since he left the other 5 managers have only got 3 more points than JE and they have had lots more games

JE was not the messiah and wouldnt have got us promototed but we would be on more than 39 now if he had stayed

Prove it.
17:19, Fri 29 Mar
Rags
malahideblues
Bluenose27

its the gutless and half hearted defending, they dont care as they will just find another club, ive said it for weeks, we need bodies on the line, this group of players dont have the collective will to fight for the club, too many loan players, too many journey men.
Add to that too many coaches,this season has been nothing short of a train crash, forget new stadiums and all that invest on the blooming pitch first and foremost, thats more important to us fans than a brand new shiny stadium which will only be a gateway for money to go into the money mens pockets

Sorry Gerry - but that completely misses the entire point of what is going to happen at the club. Less money spent on the team won't result in more money being spent on the stadium ,,,, and vice versa.
decent team, poor stadium or poor team, top class stadium ? i know what i would be looking at first, unfortunately mate stadiums dont win football matches

Different pots of money you plonker
Tam
17:19, Fri 29 Mar
gerry1875
Rags
malahideblues
Bluenose27

I don't think that the intention is either/or. It's both. It will happen, no matter how despondent we're feeling tonight.
Make Blues Great Again
17:20, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
Rags
Rags

Eustace got some sort of tune out of them, i thought Mowbray was getting there too

I can guarantee you that if Eustace had stayed we would be safe by now. I think Mowbray will an advancement on Eustace (so not wanting him back)

.... but so many people refuse to give Eustace credit for what was getting us through - organisation, team spirit and a plan (not an exciting plan - but an effective plan)

This is true - 18 points from 11 games versus 21 from the next 28 is quite a difference. I know that it was ONLY 11 games, but feck me, most of the last 28 have been difficult, a couple of Mowbray games apart.

I know he hasn't won at Blackburn yet ... but they've only lost about 2 out of 10
17:21, Fri 29 Mar
RomfordBlue
Thought Bacuna gave a good shift today. Ditto Paik. Ruddy had a decent game. I don't think there's any lack of effort.

We're just not up to it.

I disagree this is a talented group of players.
There is not shortage of effort
What they seem to lack is a set of balls, as soon as we conceed we fall to bits.
Once again a stupid/ last minute goal.
Not once in the last 6 matches have we lost to a really well worked goal. They have all been sloppy mistakes or last minute lapses
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
17:21, Fri 29 Mar
I said when they brought him in that he’d scrape enough draws just to get them to safety. We can’t even do that, we should have got draws today, Southampton, Millwall and Ipswich, but we shoot ourselves in the foot every time by conceding late goals.
17:22, Fri 29 Mar
Quit the worst set of players to play for blue in a long time. All parts of the team are really poor. We are gone to the first Div they can all I
Leave with my blessings GOOD. Riddance
Tam
17:24, Fri 29 Mar
longship65
Quit the worst set of players to play for blue in a long time. All parts of the team are really poor. We are gone to the first Div they can all I

They're not poor players individually, generally speaking IMO. It's getting those players to play together that's proving to be difficult, since Eustace left. I don't think that the sum is as good as the parts, partly because we have a couple of key elements missing, and one is a bloody striker!
Make Blues Great Again
17:26, Fri 29 Mar
Tam
longship65

They're not poor players individually, generally speaking IMO. It's getting those players to play together that's proving to be difficult, since Eustace left. I don't think that the sum is as good as the parts, partly because we have a couple of key elements missing, and one is a bloody striker!

... and that was Eustace's success .... under him the team was greater than the sum of its parts