08:42, Sat 30 Mar
Gary Rowett
The formation probably kept us in the game.

Formation has nothing to do with Laird giving a cheap freekick away on the edge of the box for the first; and Drameh and Sanderson meekly dealing with an up and under late on for the winner

We should have been long out of the game by half time.
Tam
09:07, Sat 30 Mar
Le Mod
It’s pretty funny that some fans keep saying that people claim Eustace was the messiah, when absolutely nobody did.

They then go on to claim that only Pep could sort these players out, so inadvertently claim that Eustace is on a level with Pep.

The truth is it’s an average squad that has done relatively well under good guidance and with a clear plan (top 6 over 17 games). It has struggled under poor managers who didn’t know what they were doing (second bottom over 22)

Eustace was ok, Mowbray was decent, both got a tune out of them, if we go down it’ll be due to a combination of Rooney being a disaster, Mowbray falling ill, Venus sadly not being up to it (not his fault because he didn’t want it) and some recruitment errors.

Of course. This is it in a nutshell.
Make Blues Great Again
09:44, Sat 30 Mar
Tam
There’s a good article in the Guardian by Barney Ronay on the influence of the internet on radio 5.

He describes the national conversation thus: It turns out the actual nation’s conversation is relentless, atomised, angry, divisive and almost entirely incoherent.

That’s exactly what this message board is like. There are those, they know who they are, who like to present themselves as better than the rest of us more reasonable, more knowing, wiser, but they are as bad as the rest of us, with their ill hidden snidery.

I for one, love it.
10:01, Sat 30 Mar
TiptonBluenose
It doesn't matter in the slightest who the manager is this set of players are shit.

Read Twitter, facebook or here, Cook this, Rooney that- this set of players are effing shit

The moaning about Eustace's sacking like he was the messiah he is now 0 wins from 9 as Blackburn manager

The truth is with the takeover we overhyped the players we signed in the summer who were injury prone and nobody else wanted.

Fans need to turn on this set of players, worst in my life time even Clark's 13-14 team showed more fight then these. They simply don't care.

Whichever division we end end up in get rid of the lot of them.

This is it- you’ve hit the nail on the head. Of course, there are other reasons for our current plight but do you think these players would replicate what happened in Bolton on that famous day? I don’t think they have the desire to do so.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
10:03, Sat 30 Mar
TaylorJay84
Give over mate for eff sake.
The blokes stepped into a shit situation when he didn’t even need to, whether you like the bloke or not.

Rowett didn’t decide to not go for a basic challenging header like Cody Drameh did.
Rowett didn’t then let the ball bounce like Dion did, rather than meet it on the half volley and eff it into row z, I suppose Rowett was also to blame for 5/6 standing around admiring a RB having an age to size up a shot on his weaker foot on the edge of our own box.

Honestly watching that goal back just effing angers me at the lack of intelligence, eagerness, naivety and leadership to deal with such a simple situation.
These players are embarrassing professionals, you would berate a park side for dealing with a goal in the manner blues did.

I hope I’m sodding wrong but I’m really not sure even Rowett can get this shower over the line with his basic organisation & dullard tactics to pick up points.

Watching both of those goals I just miss a roger johnson esque defender who would be getting their body in front of it at any cost.
10:09, Sat 30 Mar
johnnyspex
Gary Rowett
The formation probably kept us in the game.

Formation has nothing to do with Laird giving a cheap freekick away on the edge of the box for the first; and Drameh and Sanderson meekly dealing with an up and under late on for the winner

We should have been long out of the game by half time.

They had a couple of half chances getting around Drameh and crossing in

For us Stansfield went around the keeper and had two blokes open on the back post; and Tyler Roberts had a ball presented on a plate 18 yards out and ballooned out wide.

Draw seemed fair at half time to me
Keep Rowett On

@vivacb2
10:26, Sat 30 Mar
All the managers we have had this season had tried different things, but the same issues always happen!

Just maybe the players we have aren't good enough...............
10:27, Sat 30 Mar
They’re not good enough. GBBlue’s post a bit further up this thread is the most accurate one I’ve seen. A good manager like Mowbray could get a tune out of them, but without him it’s not looking good.
Tam
10:34, Sat 30 Mar
Made in Daegu
TiptonBluenose
It doesn't matter in the slightest who the manager is this set of players are shit.

Read Twitter, facebook or here, Cook this, Rooney that- this set of players are effing shit

The moaning about Eustace's sacking like he was the messiah he is now 0 wins from 9 as Blackburn manager

The truth is with the takeover we overhyped the players we signed in the summer who were injury prone and nobody else wanted.

Fans need to turn on this set of players, worst in my life time even Clark's 13-14 team showed more fight then these. They simply don't care.

This is it- you’ve hit the nail on the head. Of course, there are other reasons for our current plight but do you think these players would replicate what happened in Bolton on that famous day? I don’t think they have the desire to do so.

I don’t think that it's hit the nail on the head. I think that they do care. Professional players who play at a pretty high standard do tend to care.
Make Blues Great Again
10:51, Sat 30 Mar
Tam
Yeah, I find it funny how people look back on those teams and say they cared when the same people would’ve been saying they didn’t care back then.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
12:33, Sat 30 Mar
Le Mod
It’s pretty funny that some fans keep saying that people claim Eustace was the messiah, when absolutely nobody did.

They then go on to claim that only Pep could sort these players out, so inadvertently claim that Eustace is on a level with Pep.

The truth is it’s an average squad that has done relatively well under good guidance and with a clear plan (top 6 over 17 games). It has struggled under poor managers who didn’t know what they were doing (second bottom over 22)

Eustace was ok, Mowbray was decent, both got a tune out of them, if we go down it’ll be due to a combination of Rooney being a disaster, Mowbray falling ill, Venus sadly not being up to it (not his fault because he didn’t want it) and some recruitment errors.
Excellent summing up of how we got here.

The lessons we can learn from this mess are:-

1) Keep Gary Cook away from on the pitch decisions as much as possible
2) The recruitment needs to be overhauled and the right people put in post.
13:01, Sat 30 Mar
Le Mod

100%. We now need Rowett (a proven competent manager despite the what the nutters say) to deliver his career average of 1.5 points per game.
20:14, Sat 30 Mar
You will be pleased to know that I have retired.
The Sixth Mass Extinction is here.
20:29, Sat 30 Mar
You will be pleased to know that I have retired.

I’m pleased to know you’re still with us. Believe it or not, I think and worry about you quite frequently, you crazy old sod.
20:39, Sat 30 Mar
Tam
Tam
Made in Daegu
TiptonBluenose

I don’t think that it's hit the nail on the head. I think that they do care. Professional players who play at a pretty high standard do tend to care.

I’m still feeling pissed off by the Middlesbrough game- it was pathetic. There was absolutely no fight whatsoever. Yes, I probably this far too widely but I do think there is some truth in it. These players WERE playing for Eustace; since then, they’ve played under 2 managers and it’s almost like they’ve given up.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)