mad
12:42, Sun 14 Apr
Alternatively extend the clean air zone out to the suburbs and charge gas guzzling motorists to the hilt no need for the air con then taste the sweet Brummagem air for real

And for the OP on the access from town. Many won't even visit town in future as it'll all be there at the sports village as the point will be people will rock up at 10.30 for coffee & croissant go shoot some mini golf with their date/family then have a few craft bevvies at one of the three or four microbreweries that set up after the game relax in one of the lounges allowing the traffic to disperse then drive or bendy bus /gondola back to which ever Hollywood hill their pad is
12:53, Sun 14 Apr
I heard they were putting triple decker 97s on.
12:55, Sun 14 Apr
Nobody has a clue then. Cheers all :)
Think the actual site has an entrance in Adderley Park Road South currently. Don't know if this helps.
13:09, Sun 14 Apr
There are two entrances to Wheels, Garrison Lane and Landor Street.
Neither are suitable for large crowds at the moment.

From Brum walk down past Millennium Point, right at the White Tower, first left.
Past the freight depot and Midland Street. The entrance to Wheels is opposite Adderley Road.
It's a nice walk. Refreshing. And will really make you appreciate how nice everywhere else is.
13:09, Sun 14 Apr
If you look at the land they have bought it includes a big chunk that leads on to Garrison lane so wheels is no further from town than St Andrews.
13:14, Sun 14 Apr
It currently has access from Landor Street to the North, Bordesley Green Rd to the East and Garrison Lane to the South West.

They’ve purchased the land adjoining Venetia Rd and the architect impression from the open house seemed to show a large wide concourse through that area. So I’d assume they are going to open that up.

They will probably improve the access on all sides to allow traffic flow but the big question will be what changes to public transport will be made. I can’t imagine that they aren’t already engaged with the council/bus/train/tram services to make the relevant improvements. I doubt anything will be confirmed for a whilst though, this project is 5 years away (optimistically).
13:49, Sun 14 Apr
I'm speculating wildly here but with two railway lines bordering the site, if you wanted to and network rail, etc agreed, you could build two new stations, one on the WCML from NEC/airport to New Street (with access from London and Manchester), replacing Adderley Park, and the other on the Camp Hill line from Kings Norton to New Street (new stations already being built at Kings Heath and Moseley, plus options north to Derby, etc plus once Camp Hill chords are finished this opens up Moor Street).

So really the access to the site, if new stations are built, could include direct trains from almost anywhere in the country, plus it being one stop from Moor Street and New Street and one quick change at either Curzon Street or the Interchange station to access HS2. Park and rides could cater for car drivers if train tickets from parkway stations to Wheels are included in ticket prices. The only problem is accessing via the Cross City line, but an easy change at New Street onto the Camp Hill line would help a lot.
13:52, Sun 14 Apr
I’ve been through this extensively on here in the recent past. New stations on those lines will be near impossible. An upgrade to Adderley Park might be possible but extra trains will not be able to run until Curzon Street takes some strain off New Street when HS2 is open, because New Street is full.

Cross City line supporters will have to walk from Duddeston.

The solution will be getting the trams to the new stadium.
14:04, Sun 14 Apr
Go Home Bodger
Nobody has a clue then. Cheers all :)

Realistically, of course no one has a clue right now, we’re normal fans on a forum and the stadium is a bare minimum of five years away.

It’ll be an airport style travelator direct from the Square Peg to Wheels, home fans only, with a moving self-pour beer station that follows alongside you the whole way
14:08, Sun 14 Apr
The people making the decisions are more intelligent and clued up on what they will do with the land, and the decisions made, than the entirety of this forum put together.

Don't worry, let them cook.
14:26, Sun 14 Apr
I think the Camp Hill Line and Cross City Line share Kings Norton station and particularly for fans from the south of the city, a station by Wheels off the Camp Hill line would be great. Massive free car park at Kings Norton station as well
14:27, Sun 14 Apr
Music to my ears as a Longbridge-r
14:56, Sun 14 Apr
Imagine that anything and everything is possible then go from there
15:00, Sun 14 Apr
Does anyone how they might go about creating access to the Birmingham Wheels site?
I think they will deploy part of the claimed £3 billion budget to build things like pavement and roads, tunnels and bridges, and tram and train lines with stops and stations and so on which will dissolve all the worries that some folks might have.