mad
07:37, Mon 15 Apr
D.S
Gonna stop posting after this because I hate dominating threads with my crazy shit but one last thing just to back up what everyone is saying and also reflect what other club's fans are thinking of us right now.

Other clubs fans who KNOW proper Blues are worried we're trashing our identity with this - that we're proud of being THE quintessential proper club not a plastic club with a shiny soulless stadium. The Springsteen of English football salt of the earth and all that shit, right?

What these owners are doing is they're gonna provide for Blues fans 5-6 years inside the best classic old-skool boutique St Andrews so we can send her off in style before the move and then take these treasures with us to the new ballpark in 2029. It is kind of magical when you think about it.

Obvs what everyone has to do now is spend at least one of those seasons as an ST holder in the Paddocks while you still have the chance. If you time it correctly you can go from Paddocks 2028-29 to best seat in 62,500 fecker 2029-30 and really experience the transformation. I look forward to the Paddocks and witnessing the Kop and Tilton in full throated flow for a full season anyway. Been the odd game since I made the move in 2014 but in the words of Paul Westerberg I Can't Hardly Wait
07:53, Mon 15 Apr
Tandy
The entire country when you can’t get your shopping. A surprising amount of food is transported around the country on trains.

Tesco run a freight service up to 4 times a day, calls at Hams Hall Freight then passes St Andrews Junction on its way to Wentloog Freightliner Terminal Cardiff. This is it on an unusual re-route through New Street, its planned to move more like this in the coming years.

Linked Image
08:00, Mon 15 Apr
The most exciting thing to happen to Blues in years has brought out all the trainspotting nerds.

Stop ruining things with your weirdness.
08:12, Mon 15 Apr
Thongs
The most exciting thing to happen to Blues in years has brought out all the trainspotting nerds.

Stop ruining things with your weirdness.

I’m chuffed for them.
08:42, Mon 15 Apr
Far from a trainspotter, this is just my job.

If anybody at Knighthead wants some ad-hoc transport strategy consultancy I can offer some very competitive rates. 😜
08:57, Mon 15 Apr
D.S
It's not just frieght trains, loads of passenger services use that line too.
There's too much opinion and not enough fact.
09:00, Mon 15 Apr
Tandy
The line there is in a cutting that’s too narrow and far too deep for a station. It’s also a very busy fright line bypassing the city centre. Closing that line to widen the cutting and build a new station which will see little use will force freight trains through New Steet, and it’ll halt the new Camp Hill line passenger services, which isn’t going to be allowed to happen.

It's not in a cutting by the time it gets to Wheels - it's on a little bridge by the time it gets to Garrison Street. And that's not particularly near the Camp Hill cords work anyway (I'd imagine the junction where it meets WCML by Landor Street would be a bigger problem).
09:05, Mon 15 Apr
(I'd imagine the junction where it meets WCML by Landor Street would be a bigger problem).

That's what I kinda meant, the line neat the WCML will be a no go hence if they we're investigating a new station there it would have to go in the cutting near where St Andrews is now.

Could potentially get away with it on the Garrison Lane bridge with the platforms to the north side but it's logistically very tricky IMO as that's where the points are for the line to split for New St and the line which crosses the WCML. Anything south of Garrison Lane is likely too deep/narrow.
09:27, Mon 15 Apr
👍
09:34, Mon 15 Apr
I've driven literally hundreds of trains over those lines and there's no way you'd get a station in there, so you're correct.

St. Andrew's Junction (the junction that leads to Washwood Heath from the Camp Hill lines) is very busy, and there's just no way a station goes there. There *may* be room for some platforms futher round the corner on the Up and Down Camp Hill towards New Street but I very much doubt it. And it'd cost a huge amount of money to remodel it all.
09:38, Mon 15 Apr
What about the Adderley Park one?
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:52, Mon 15 Apr
There is actually room at Adderley Park (there's a disused track bed already in place) but stopping trains there is nigh on impossible because it's just so busy.
09:55, Mon 15 Apr
Go Home Bodger
Nobody has a clue then. Cheers all :)

Ha! pmsl
10:16, Mon 15 Apr
We can’t let stuff like timetables get in the way of progress

Just limit people to 15 seconds to disembark. Open the doors on the approach and build soft platforms
10:29, Mon 15 Apr
IanT
There is actually room at Adderley Park (there's a disused track bed already in place) but stopping trains there is nigh on impossible because it's just so busy.

Can't see why a new station can't be built off the mainline where the old sidings were then the old Adderley Park phased out & little need for timetable rescheduling, I'm guessing A, B and C will be main access routes into the site from west north and east
Linked Image