22:21, Mon 15 Apr
Inspector Montalbano
My viler neighbour reckons they have bought the Alexander Stadium and Perry Barr Park, I will object to any plans for developments there

That would move them further out than the Baggies, wouldn't it?
22:29, Mon 15 Apr
My viler neighbour reckons they have bought the Alexander Stadium and Perry Barr Park, I will object to any plans for developments there

Surely the only way they'd "buy" the Alexander Stadium is by paying an absolute shedload of money to rebuild the whole facility elsewhere ... and that "elsewhere" would have to be on the Knighthead land ... personally i think that would only enhance the standing and attraction of the Sports Quarter
22:43, Mon 15 Apr
Makes sense to share the transport links bars etc.

Save them building another I’ve no problem them renting our stadium as long as the seats are blue and they clean up afterwards.
22:51, Mon 15 Apr
Rags

Surely the only way they'd "buy" the Alexander Stadium is by paying an absolute shedload of money to rebuild the whole facility elsewhere ... and that "elsewhere" would have to be on the Knighthead land ... personally i think that would only enhance the standing and attraction of the Sports Quarter

Or they copy the London Stadium and have an athletic track around the pitch. Shouldn't make much difference to the atmosphere.
22:55, Mon 15 Apr
Rags

Or they copy the London Stadium and have an athletic track around the pitch. Shouldn't make much difference to the atmosphere.

You mean keep the track but rebuild the stands ? (which would mean flattening and rebuilding as capacity is 18,000 at the moment) ,,,, but a lot of the athletics events at AS are at weekends ... hmm fans wouldn't be pleased.
23:07, Mon 15 Apr
They could run round the track when there is a game on I suppose. Maybe even charge double. I’d also encourage the javelin to take place.
23:15, Mon 15 Apr
Thongs
They could run round the track when there is a game on I suppose. Maybe even charge double. I’d also encourage the javelin to take place.

Exactly.
Having to dodge shot puts would keep the keepers alert... if focused on the wrong thing.
23:21, Mon 15 Apr

😁😁😁👍

I think they really missed their biggest opportunity by not moving to where Star City is now. That was talked about back in '96ish but nothing happened. I suppose football just wasn't at the level then as it is now.

Doug Ellis was their Chairman then with a share holding around 50% and i don't think an expansion fitted in with his idea for the club's stock market flotation, which he took advantage of to cash in about 10% of his own share holding.

Nice bloke Doug - did some great things for charity - but he was always perhaps a little cautious
23:30, Mon 15 Apr
I’ve said before that they won’t just sit by and watch Blues go past them, off the field at least.

The best we can hope for is that they now somehow feel pressured to make a change that splits the fan base down the middle, and their plans are at best rushed through without giving it the thought it probably deserves.
23:35, Mon 15 Apr
I’ve said before that they won’t just sit by and watch Blues go past them, off the field at least.

The best we can hope for is that they now somehow feel pressured to make a change that splits the fan base down the middle, and their plans are at best rushed through without giving it the thought it probably deserves.

I read somewhere (and just talking from memory) that their plans to add 10,000 seats to Villa Park was going to cost £100 million ... about £10,000 a seat and they, perhaps understandable, didn't see that as value for money.

Their owners have an absolute shit load of money - but i've never been convinced about their passion for football
23:49, Mon 15 Apr
Just remembered that the 2026 European Athletics Championships are being held at Alexandra Stadium too
23:55, Mon 15 Apr
There's definitely a problem though isn't there ?

33,000 season ticket holders and another 28,000 on the waiting list .... which just shows how "success" generates interest

If they got 61,000 season ticket holders, and then you add other match-to-match supporters, added on football tourists and away fans .... realistically they need to get a 75,000 stadium to satisfy current and future demand

Just six years ago .... in our division they were getting an average of 32,097 in 2018

Eight years ago - when in the Premier League their average was 33,690
00:10, Tue 16 Apr
Inspector Montalbano

That would be such a daft decision for so many reasons.

In any case, we beat them to the punch on this one. Our plans are well underway. We have the land. The council are on board. There's no chance they nor the national government will agree to help fund a second new stadium complex in the same city any time soon. They simply have to eat the shit and settle for increasing the capacity of their current ground.

Unlucky
06:28, Tue 16 Apr
They will never get the chance to build a brand new sports complex from scratch, unless they move completely out of Birmingham, and they are always going to be limited at their current ground, so a move to the Alexander Stadium seems like a good option for them (and for us). They move a bit closer to their core fan base and leave Birmingham to us. Perfect. Hope it happens.
07:04, Tue 16 Apr
Falstaff
They will never get the chance to build a brand new sports complex from scratch, unless they move completely out of Birmingham, and they are always going to be limited at their current ground, so a move to the Alexander Stadium seems like a good option for them (and for us). They move a bit closer to their core fan base and leave Birmingham to us. Perfect. Hope it happens.
stafford would be better