11:51, Thu 2 May
Certares will be more affected by this than Knighthead as the lead investor. Tourism/Car Hire saw an immediate bounce back following COVID (when Knighthead purchased at a below market value), they gained huge gains within the first two years, and then the market plateaued. Due to the domestic market in the US buying second hand vehicles during COVID, all car hire companies had a massive shortage post covid, and the average car hire rate jumped from $100 per day to over $500, it is now back to pre-covid levels. Since Knighthead purchased shares, and subsequently the value of Hertz hitting a all-time high, other investors have purchased shares and de risked both Certares and Knighthead. I know the deal with Tesla was advantageous to Hertz at the time the orders went in, and Mr Musk was involved in other investments alongside Certares and Knighthead. With these investment houses sometimes, you win sometimes you lose, and I do not feel there is anything to worry about here in regard to their investment in BCFC. They have made a lot of money on other less known investments in the past 3 years, and although Hertz is probably the most recognisable in the public domain, it isn’t there only money maker.

I am certain in the none to distant future some of the investments elsewhere will be interlinked with the club and the club with them. All investment houses will identify where independent investments can assist each other, and I’m also certain that "knighthead park" is only a placeholder for now to be replaced with one of the brands they are also heavily invested in.
Tam
11:56, Thu 2 May
Super Hans
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

That was the first question as well, wasn't it? Sharp intake of breath time....

Am I to understand from this that the first question at the latest open house was someone whining about a mosque?

People were asked to introduce themselves before asking a question, first guy started saying he lives local, has been a blues fan his whole life and went to school round the corner etc etc...

Then said "Unfortunately that school is now a mosque but hey ho" or something to that effect.

It was tempered by adding something like 'because I'm not religious', but it had the capacity to go downhill rapidly.

Edit: Yes, the Eustace's relative's question was first. By the time the second question was asked, I imagine that they might have been questioning the wisdom of an open Q&A session.

Another edit: I have been informed by a poster that's currently not posting, but knows everything with Googling, that it was the first question. Fight amongst yourselves.

Like SHA’s version of Batman, watching from the shadows.

There's also a bloke in the local park that's a bit like that. Don't ask me how I know.
Make Blues Great Again
12:07, Thu 2 May
Super Hans
Nah he definitely meant it’s a shame that the school wasn’t there anymore.

Mental to bring it up, but I suppose public speaking can do some funny things to people.

The majority of the questions were pretty crap, John Eustace’s relative being top of the pile and show why questions should be vetted beforehand.

Prob the reason why the Q&A hasn't been streamed since
12:18, Thu 2 May
But since when are we to be privy of every business exchange that happens? We're not the fekin tax office.

Surely businesses do deals all the time that go well, and some don't.
I cant see the BCFC interest hinging on one deal with Hertz.
12:21, Thu 2 May
You’d be fuming if they had shares in Riley’s
12:33, Thu 2 May
Super Hans
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

Am I to understand from this that the first question at the latest open house was someone whining about a mosque?

People were asked to introduce themselves before asking a question, first guy started saying he lives local, has been a blues fan his whole life and went to school round the corner etc etc...

Then said "Unfortunately that school is now a mosque but hey ho" or something to that effect.

It was tempered by adding something like 'because I'm not religious', but it had the capacity to go downhill rapidly.

Edit: Yes, the Eustace's relative's question was first. By the time the second question was asked, I imagine that they might have been questioning the wisdom of an open Q&A session.

Another edit: I have been informed by a poster that's currently not posting, but knows everything with Googling, that it was the first question. Fight amongst yourselves.

Like SHA’s version of Batman, watching from the shadows.

Checked my notes and it absolutely wasn’t.

First was someone asking them to not put a track around the new stadium, and something about the Birmingham Pub Bombings.

Eustace was third or fourth.
12:47, Thu 2 May
“If you’re not bothered why comment etc etc…”

But are people really interested in this stuff? I feel like there is an understandable hangover in terms of blues fans getting into speculation and ‘best guessing’ over stuff like this, given everything that has happened in the last ten years. And also a bit of people wanting to seem clever / well informed on the internet.

I genuinely don’t want to reopen the Rooney debate, but there was a definite air at the time on here where people who pointed out that the main job of a football manager was to win football matches, were dismissed as an old fashioned and who doesn’t understand anything about the modern game.

This is a football club, and a club that seems to be in good hands, so let them crack on. For me it’s now more interesting surely to gossip about signings, discussion about results on the pitch, and less gossip and speculation about gross development values, the US rental car market, etc etc.
12:55, Thu 2 May
Bluenose_68
[www.ttnews.com]

Interesting news that slipped out this week. Hertz taking a big hit on their results following their big bet on EVs

Knighthead had a massive gain on acquisition of Hertz, and their very nature as PE investors is they make big bets and some come off and some don’t

but in hindsight i wish this had been a question at the open house to TW - about whether he regrets this move into EVs and whether there were any parallels with the mis steps they’ve made with Bcfc

To put into perspective Hertz is around 10% of Knighthead Capital Management assets under management. This is without going into the other Knighthead funds and companies
13:02, Thu 2 May
Miss World
“If you’re not bothered why comment etc etc…”

But are people really interested in this stuff? I feel like there is an understandable hangover in terms of blues fans getting into speculation and ‘best guessing’ over stuff like this, given everything that has happened in the last ten years. And also a bit of people wanting to seem clever / well informed on the internet.

I genuinely don’t want to reopen the Rooney debate, but there was a definite air at the time on here where people who pointed out that the main job of a football manager was to win football matches, were dismissed as an old fashioned and who doesn’t understand anything about the modern game.

This is a football club, and a club that seems to be in good hands, so let them crack on. For me it’s now more interesting surely to gossip about signings, discussion about results on the pitch, and less gossip and speculation about gross development values, the US rental car market, etc etc.

You’ve already hit the nail on the head while people are discussing this stuff, it’s par for the course after the crap we’ve gone through that people want to know everything they can.

Does it matter? Right now I don’t think it does but it could change down the pike.
13:04, Thu 2 May
Agreed, I am not sure most people understand the sheer size of their portfolio and the inter investment opportunities that they will look to bring into play. I also believe that Matt Alvarez is going to play a significant role with the connections he has in entertainment.
13:57, Thu 2 May
FWIW I’m not looking to stir trouble here.

I think knighthead have been brilliant for blues and will do great things with the club

However if our recent history has taught us anything we should be naturally curious about the behaviours and decision making of our owners
14:00, Thu 2 May
Tam
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

It was the second question and has been very misrepresented
Tony Fantastico
14:01, Thu 2 May
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

he said it was unfortunate because he’s not religious.
Tony Fantastico
14:02, Thu 2 May
Tam
Tam
mjd2505
Lumbertubs
Tam
My Blue Heaven
Or the woe over mosques

GeneralBlue asked the first question and it was about ownership of the new ground
Tony Fantastico
14:02, Thu 2 May
Bluenose_68
FWIW I’m not looking to stir trouble here.

I think knighthead have been brilliant for blues and will do great things with the club

However if our recent history has taught us anything we should be naturally curious about the behaviours and decision making of our owners

I don’t disagree.

However I think context is always important and as such I’d warn people to research things properly before going off on one (from learned experience)