20:07, Sat 4 May
malahideblues
Bloke is solely responsible for our relegation

How?
20:13, Sat 4 May
malahideblues
Brian Sutherland'
A_n_E
đź‘Ť eff the naysayers we'll be back and we'll be stronger.

Agreed, I'm sick of the knuckle dragging fans on Facebook and Instagram abusing this man and demanding he is fired.

How many bad managerial appointments happen at clubs every season? Including ours over the years.

It isn't the sole reason, he has improved our club off the field and it's unrecognisable from what it was already.

We will come back stronger and at least he's had the decency to write this letter.

It’s 100 per cent the reason we went down
Exactly. I can't fathom how you could not come to that conclusion. Cook appointed somebody who was clearly not a football manager. If he had picked a random guy off the street he would have done less damage than Rooney did. I'm still really angry that Cook hasn't been sacked.
Tam
20:16, Sat 4 May
blueberry
malahideblues
Brian Sutherland'
A_n_E

Agreed, I'm sick of the knuckle dragging fans on Facebook and Instagram abusing this man and demanding he is fired.

How many bad managerial appointments happen at clubs every season? Including ours over the years.

It isn't the sole reason, he has improved our club off the field and it's unrecognisable from what it was already.

We will come back stronger and at least he's had the decency to write this letter.

Exactly. I can't fathom how you could not come to that conclusion. Cook appointed somebody who was clearly not a football manager. If he had picked a random guy off the street he would have done less damage than Rooney did. I'm still really angry that Cook hasn't been sacked.

The club appointed Rooney and sacked Eustace. This wasn't a Cook decision along, surely. If it was, then you'd have to give him credit for appointing Tony Mowbray, and - unless you're going to blame him for Tony's illness - TM's absence was sheer bad luck. There's more than one area of culpability. Anyway, the blame game's been done to death - time to look forward.
Make Blues Great Again
20:19, Sat 4 May
Tam
Without DvB Rowett
Tony Fantastico
20:19, Sat 4 May
Tam
I second that tam, but I expect we’ve got another 3 months of it. Maybe 2 months actually as I suppose everyone will be moaning about England for a month when the euros are on.
20:25, Sat 4 May
A_n_E

đź‘Ťwith bells and whistles.
20:26, Sat 4 May
blueberry
malahideblues
Brian Sutherland'
A_n_E

How do you know that it was solely Cook who hired Rooney?
20:31, Sat 4 May
Put it this way, I had a 5m sponsorship lined up if we stayed in championship, that’s gone now
20:33, Sat 4 May
I don’t think many know it was *solely* Cook but he's the CEO. when you’re that senior you’re ultimately the bloke whose head is on the block. You own the responsibility of those beneath you.

He was keen to be next to Wayne taking his world class codswallop, so he has to be deemed responsible. I don’t see how you can free Cook of responsibility for that appointment.

I don’t blame Wagner because frankly Wagner has seen more football in the last year than in his entire life prior to owning us. He doesn’t know much about the sport.
The way he pluralises his mistakes.
Buy my novel (if you want to of course), The Loneliness That Others Call Freedom by Steven Vaughan. Available in both Kindle and paperback format.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

@stevanderman
22:50, Sat 4 May
Robert Hopkins
TinaTractor
Brian Sutherland'
No mate it takes time to turn our shit show around. These guys picked up the pieces after the transfer window was done and we had nothing to really spend.

This will be the making of us.

If they knew that why upset the apple cart? It doesn’t make sense. If we had a manager that was working well with what we had, and they knew we couldn’t have more, why change?

There’s no logic in that argument. It’s as if the board are completely passive.

and they have said it was a mistake that they won't make again.

They did however make the same mistake by giving Venus 6 games too many
22:59, Sat 4 May
In hindsight yea, I understand why they thought trying to keep some stability was the right course of action at the time though.

It was logical, but didn’t work out.
23:08, Sat 4 May
I suppose with the Rooney debacle the board thought they couldn't afford any more bad reaction/PR and thought Venus was the safe option.
23:21, Sat 4 May
At the Open House Wagner said his biggest lesson was not to interrupt momentum, alluding to Eustace.

After two wins before Tony was unwell, you can see how that may have influenced their thinking, particularly as the initial time out was 4-6 weeks.