Yeah they’ll carry on I think we can all trust them. However his face on full time was certainly not that of a relieved man.
I don’t think the next two years will be wasted. Most people think we need a rebuild/reset and we will be starting from a position of relative strength.

I’m confident that the rebuild will start with an eye on the long term. We won’t be filling the team with hairy arsed one hit wonders, though we’ll need a couple.

It’s going to be great. Trust me.
09:23, Sun 5 May
The consequences of this will take many years to deal with. The idea that we'll just sign a load of 'better' players and waltz back up is for the birds.
The cold never bothered me anyway
09:55, Sun 5 May
Hagley Blue
Yeah they’ll carry on I think we can all trust them. However his face on full time was certainly not that of a relieved man.

Of course it wasn’t. Wagner won’t have wanted us to go down, it’ll hurt for him too.

That doesn’t mean they’ll start delaying things or pack it all in. We’ll be fine
10:10, Sun 5 May
Tamblue1
Can’t help but feel this is what we needed to stop the rot, a year in transition to start the rebuild? Makes me think Wagner and co knew this might happen…

I think the go down and rebuild thing is a rationalisation and a cope. I don’t think that this relegation was ever the plan. It is a set back, an embarrassment and a frustration. God is it a bloody frustration. It’s not the end of the world, it just feels like it. In a few weeks the feelings will fade and once we start to prepare for the new season things will be a little better. Or at least until the fixture list is released.😟
Tam
10:14, Sun 5 May
Royalblue
Tamblue1
Can’t help but feel this is what we needed to stop the rot, a year in transition to start the rebuild? Makes me think Wagner and co knew this might happen…

I think the go down and rebuild thing is a rationalisation and a cope. I don’t think that this relegation was ever the plan. It is a set back, an embarrassment and a frustration. God is it a bloody frustration. It’s not the end of the world, it just feels like it. In a few weeks the feelings will fade and once we start to prepare for the new season things will be a little better. Or at least until the fixture list is released.😟

Yes, probably so. We could have had a clear out and reset if we were still in the Championship but from a position of greater strength. I'm pretty calm about it (although a bit flat) because we can't do anything about that now. What we CAN do, though, is to look forward and I can't wait for the news coming from the club about our plans for next season.
Make Blues Great Again
10:17, Sun 5 May
Rasputin
The consequences of this will take many years to deal with. The idea that we'll just sign a load of 'better' players and waltz back up is for the birds.

Naaah, why do you say that? Todays factoid - 2 seasons ago Ipswich finished 11th in league 1. If they can do it, no reason we can't and do it even quicker with the backing we've got. It's a bit flat atm, but in a few weeks it'll start getting genuinely exciting again. You watch us go.
Up the feckin Blues
10:22, Sun 5 May
Tam
Don’t feel relieved just sad that we have been relegated because it was just completely avoidable because of the stupid decision to sack Eustace and appoint Rooney. We would have finished lower mid table comfortably if this decision hadn’t been made. I don’t think we should assume that we will automatically get promoted. League 1 is a grind and will be tough
11:32, Sun 5 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Petebaldwin
It's a weird one... I've genuinely felt more upset about losing individual matches than I have about this. It sucks that we've got relegated but I feel more hopeful and positive about the club than I have for most of the past decade so overall, I'm alright.

This.
This with knobs on.
11:34, Sun 5 May
Don’t feel relieved just sad that we have been relegated because it was just completely avoidable because of the stupid decision to sack Eustace and appoint Rooney. We would have finished lower mid table comfortably if this decision hadn’t been made. I don’t think we should assume that we will automatically get promoted. League 1 is a grind and will be tough

I don’t suppose you have the lottery numbers do you?
11:38, Sun 5 May
Absolutely.

We've been circling the drain for too long and even with new owners have repeated the same mistakes. It's like a criminal on the run finally being caught - there is relief in it because now we can start to move forward. The stain of being a sh*t championship has finally been removed. We could, for the first time in a decade - an effing decade - be a big club in the league again.

I'm relishing it.
11:46, Sun 5 May
Tamblue1

In short No. relegation is shit, end of
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
They've already sunk a small fortune into buying the land and they only get a return and profit on seeing this plan through.

Nope. They already have a profit marked in the Knighthead accounts.

The club has for sure increased in value since they doubled the revenue from £18 ish million to £38 ish million per annum. ker ching

The club, the wheels land and Medco house and whatever else they bought are all worth more on the open market together as a package than the individual parts are. ker ching.

That's what they do, they buy assets at knock down prices and invest and improve on them and the difference between outlay and current market value is the (unrealised) profit. They don't need to take a single dime out of Blues, all they need to keep investors happy is have a positive difference between what they threw and Blues and the current market value. (This takes a hit in L1 for a while)

The end game is for Blues to be a top 8 Premier League team with a Man City like set up that is all together worth £2-3-4 billion for a club that they seemingly bought for (£1 and assumed £17 million of debt)
13:43, Sun 5 May
It'll be a change and well play some different teams instead of the same old same old .We might even win a few . I am however resigned to the fact that I will be below ground before we reach ascendancy again over the team from Aston