15:54, Tue 7 May
I don’t really see the problem with what he said tbh, given we don’t play for another 3 months too.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
16:04, Tue 7 May
Le Mod
Damned if they do and damned if they don't tbf, lots have been moaning that they haven't spoken because it 'proves they don't care'

Exactly.
Some wouldn't be happy unless it was a GOT style naked march through the Bull Ring with an 6ft nun ringing a bell and shouting 'SHAME'.
Up the feckin Blues
Tam
16:05, Tue 7 May
Bluesince62 F.E.A.
Le Mod
Damned if they do and damned if they don't tbf, lots have been moaning that they haven't spoken because it 'proves they don't care'

Exactly.
Some wouldn't be happy unless it was a GOT style naked march through the Bull Ring with an 6ft nun ringing a bell and shouting 'SHAME'.

Blimey, that's just broken my dream from last night.
Make Blues Great Again
16:19, Tue 7 May
Tam
Tam
Super Hans
Rab C Nesbitt
Show me, don’t tell me. I ask of players what I ask of my men

Do you find being so forward with your men normally works?

That and chloroform.

If you've ever clocked Rab's fizzog, you'd know it'd have to be chloform AND a blindfold.

Folded twice in case it's a bright day.
Up the feckin Blues
17:29, Tue 7 May
Mike YOU ESS AYY
I don’t understand why some are so complimentary about Bacuna. He had the odd moment of brilliance but he’s usually accompanied by lightweight performance when we don’t have the ball and a lot of misplaced passing.

Dembele too - no real consistent end product and a passenger when we haven’t got the ball. I have it on good authority he was a useless trainer and was basically happy to take the cash bench or not.

Equally heard terrible things about laird, and watching him up close this season (despite his obvious desire to publicly be loved) he makes far too many mistakes and far too many positional errors defending to make me believe he has it. He flatters to deceive. Never understood why he was preferred over Drameh.

I wouldn’t be upset if any of the three above went, and the sad thing is they are all in contract for a while.

Sanderson too - looked the part at the beginning and slowly unraveled into an unreliable error strewn liability.

Buchanan is the only one I think has been pretty consistent, and is a good trainer and a solid professional in that back 4. I quite liked bielek because his distribution was quite good but he’s so slow to turn, he is like an oil tanker and often very lightweight in the tackle for such a big guy.

It’s exciting in a way as our team needs such a rebuild I don’t see how it’s going to go down - new keepers, new strikers, defensive rebuild, midfield rebuild (especially if a few leave - James for instance) but apologies and empty words are meaningless now - that’s done purely so people don’t think they are the lightweight professionals that they are.

Everything you have said is 100% correct 👍
18:36, Tue 7 May
My Blue Heaven
Starting to come out from hiding/media ban now

Bacuna has no words and the club will be back..

I hope he stays, in league one he has the ability to be the best player in the league

I personally dont want him to stay. he is part of the problem. when he plays well and the tricks pay off, he is good. unfortunately i think he doesnt provide enough for his team mates, can be incredibly inconsistent and selfish and because of playing well one game and then playing poorly for 2/3 games he frustrates me. id rather keep players such as miyoshi and anderson. james will be sold imo and im not a fan of dembele either, even in league one.

when bacuna has played at right back it has stopped him playing tricks and he does the bread and butter stuff of football really well i.e laying off a ball to his team mate instead of trying taking on 3 players and trying to be messi. ironically he has played better at right back
18:41, Tue 7 May
Bacuna is miles better than Anderson at everything.
18:46, Tue 7 May
number8

When he can be arsed/is interested.
Tam
18:48, Tue 7 May
Mike YOU ESS AYY
number8

When he can be arsed/is interested.

I don't think that Bacuna can be accused of not being interested. He shows for the ball, never hides, tracks back and takes the ball in situations where others would struggle. Yes, he's inconsistent, but I wouldn't accuse him of not being interested.
Make Blues Great Again
18:52, Tue 7 May
Tam
Yeah I think he’s not a lazy player. I think he’s is mentally though. Has the concentration levels of a goldfish
18:55, Tue 7 May
BornBlue56
Mike YOU ESS AYY
I don’t understand why some are so complimentary about Bacuna. He had the odd moment of brilliance but he’s usually accompanied by lightweight performance when we don’t have the ball and a lot of misplaced passing.

Dembele too - no real consistent end product and a passenger when we haven’t got the ball. I have it on good authority he was a useless trainer and was basically happy to take the cash bench or not.

Equally heard terrible things about laird, and watching him up close this season (despite his obvious desire to publicly be loved) he makes far too many mistakes and far too many positional errors defending to make me believe he has it. He flatters to deceive. Never understood why he was preferred over Drameh.

I wouldn’t be upset if any of the three above went, and the sad thing is they are all in contract for a while.

Sanderson too - looked the part at the beginning and slowly unraveled into an unreliable error strewn liability.

Buchanan is the only one I think has been pretty consistent, and is a good trainer and a solid professional in that back 4. I quite liked bielek because his distribution was quite good but he’s so slow to turn, he is like an oil tanker and often very lightweight in the tackle for such a big guy.

It’s exciting in a way as our team needs such a rebuild I don’t see how it’s going to go down - new keepers, new strikers, defensive rebuild, midfield rebuild (especially if a few leave - James for instance) but apologies and empty words are meaningless now - that’s done purely so people don’t think they are the lightweight professionals that they are.

Everything you have said is 100% correct 👍

ive actually said something similar to this below your original comment
19:02, Tue 7 May
number8

bacuna is technically better no doubt but anderson tracks back and his work rate is much higher. i value those traits more than actually being a better footballer because you can be the best footballer in the world but if you dont have the mental attributes to match, you're just a one trick pony
20:46, Tue 7 May
Dolph
He’s capable of being the best player in the championship , he was also capable of being amongst the best ever players the SPL have had , he’s also capable of earning 50k a week and starting for the likes of Bournemouth and wolves every week.

But there’s a reason why he’ll be a journeyman floating around the championship.

Shame.

One of the biggest frustrations with this team is ball retention, there was a passage of play at Huddersfield when he gave the ball away three times in the space of a few minutes. Capable of scoring the odd goal and he's got a few tricks but on balance I would get rid.
Tam
21:00, Tue 7 May
sheffield blue
Dolph
He’s capable of being the best player in the championship , he was also capable of being amongst the best ever players the SPL have had , he’s also capable of earning 50k a week and starting for the likes of Bournemouth and wolves every week.

But there’s a reason why he’ll be a journeyman floating around the championship.

Shame.

One of the biggest frustrations with this team is ball retention, there was a passage of play at Huddersfield when he gave the ball away three times in the space of a few minutes. Capable of scoring the odd goal and he's got a few tricks but on balance I would get rid.

He didn't have a good game, to be fair - but his goals and assists make him one of our more productive players.
Make Blues Great Again
21:02, Tue 7 May
sheffield blue
Dolph

Shame.

agreed. it feels like he plays for himself at times, and what has got us relegated is a lack of cohesion and teamwork amongst other things, i like a technical player and a player to have a free role if the team is good enough to have such a player.

i want him to play the simple pass when its on not lose the ball after trying to take too many players on. part of the main problem we didnt score enough goals was, yes we didnt have another striker but the attacking midfielders not playing the final ball, the assist, cross or pass that creates the chance to score.

he was the main culprit for situations in games like this, i want rid of these type of players, and would be happy if the club decided to sell him. anderson is on low wage option of another, i can see miyoshi being class in league one and is a teamplayer, james maybe sold, which i would be happy with if we got a decent fee.

dembele great going forward, but doesnt track back and it sums it up when he tells mowbray he doesnt want to do any running training today because he wants to be fresh for match day on mowbrays first training session. i personally would have benched him just for saying that and if cocky enough to just assume mowbray would pick him, nah he can sod off too. at least bacuna is hard working