16:53, Wed 8 May
It will be a great derby atmosphere. I imagine every seat available will be taken.

I think it would be pretty empty, but I may be mis-judging things
Happy Clapper
..it's the U21s, and yes all U21 teams played away from home this season until the round of 16, not many of the U21 teams got out of their groups, v*ll* were in the Southern Section so I guess it's how many teams regionally are needed to make up the group distribution as to whether or not we'd be in the same section.
16:58, Wed 8 May
Le Mod
It will be a great derby atmosphere. I imagine every seat available will be taken.

I dont think you are.

I also have no interest in going to any of the games but would watch them on the telly. Would go to the final though, just for the day out.
17:00, Wed 8 May
Tatts
I'll be honest here, I'd rather we concentrated solely on promotion.

We've won a van, won a windscreen, we don't need to win a car.

The last trophy we won was the League Cup. That's the level we should be aiming at and competing for.

I hope we play some of the younger lads and 21s in the competition but I would much rather us achieve promotion than get to the final of this competition.

Haven’t they brought in some regulations to stop teams doing just that. I think you’re only allowed to make a certain number of team changes.
I can't believe the state of this thread, for God's sake we have been saying all season that if villa win the uefa conference league it would be like winning an egg Cup and it would mean nothing, yet we are on about winning the Bristol Street Motors trophy and taking thousands to Wembley,sorry each to their own but to me this is embarrassing and I hope we get nowhere near winning it.
Tam
17:02, Wed 8 May
Le Mod

No, I don't think so. I can't imagine that there'll be a massive amount of interest in this. I went to every game in the Auto Windscreen Shield 30 years ago, but can't summon the enthusiasm for this competition at the moment anyway. I'd go to Wembley, because it would be Blues at Wembley, but in it's present format, this competition is there as a fairly stark reminder that we've got ourselves into the lower tiers of the league
Make Blues Great Again
17:06, Wed 8 May
Tam
...this competition is there as a fairly stark reminder that we've got ourselves into the lower tiers of the league

..yeah this, what a shit place to be 😤 ....still if League One transforms the club into a power to be reckoned with, the one season of talking about this competition might be worth it 😤
Nothing less than a League and BSMT double will do. We have been the 4th biggest losers over 10 years and the absolute biggest losers over the last 5 seasons. We clear out dead wood, recruit with one eye on the Championship and absolutely Muller everyone and their dog. We need to install a winning mentality and that goes for every competition we enter.
Nunc Est Bibendum
17:11, Wed 8 May
Hagley Blue
Tatts

The last trophy we won was the League Cup. That's the level we should be aiming at and competing for.

I hope we play some of the younger lads and 21s in the competition but I would much rather us achieve promotion than get to the final of this competition.

Haven’t they brought in some regulations to stop teams doing just that. I think you’re only allowed to make a certain number of team changes.

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:
had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.
Happy Clapper
17:32, Wed 8 May
Hagley Blue
Tatts

No problem, just immediately sub the starters straight after kick off 👍
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
17:38, Wed 8 May
I’d go as weak as possible in it, a tinpot trophy.
Tell you what that crack is really moreish.
17:38, Wed 8 May
Interestingly, a team with Cat 1 academy status can play their U21's regardless of which division they're in (if I've read it right).
17:42, Wed 8 May
..they only "invite" 16 clubs with Academy Cat One status to make up 64 teams, doubt they'd invite anyone outside of the PL 😤
17:42, Wed 8 May
Super Hans
I’d go as weak as possible in it, a tinpot trophy.
I think it would be worth taking the fine to withdraw from it, blooming hell I know we have been shit for years but this tournament is an embarrassment,I would not be able to stand proud and loud if we won this thing, especially if we beat a shed load of u21 teams made up of schoolboys and youth players.
17:44, Wed 8 May
Le Mod
Hagley Blue
Tatts

‘Full Available Strength’ means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

Qualifying Player means any Player who:
had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

Id play the kids and take the fine.