12:29, Thu 9 May
Yes, rotate the squad somewhat in this tournament but we should be trying to win EVERY game.

Especially against the bloody PL U-21 teams- it’s always made me smile when I have seen results such as Bolton 5-0 Man Utd U21s!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
13:26, Thu 9 May
I agree with you.
I don’t understand the argument of fielding our youngsters ‘in the group games’. Why only the group games?
It’s either important to their development or not and, if it is, then matches in the latter stages will have more riding on them, bigger attendance and therefore serve more purpose.
I also have never understood chucking a load of youngsters into a first team match in one hit either. You learn nothing, because that scenario will never be repeated. You need to play a couple in an otherwise strong team to learn anything about them and whether they could step up any time soon.
I remember Bowyer fielding young sides in the final few games one season. We got battered and learned nothing, in my opinion.
13:31, Thu 9 May
I want us to play our best team available every game and win as many games as we can in every competition.

All this “the BSM trophy is beneath us” is sounding suspiciously villa to me. It obviously isn’t beneath us or we wouldn’t be entered into it.

Full strength. Nurture winning mentality. Win it.
Tam
13:34, Thu 9 May
AmyT-FEA
I want us to play our best team available every game and win as many games as we can in every competition.

All this “the BSM trophy is beneath us” is sounding suspiciously villa to me. It obviously isn’t beneath us or we wouldn’t be entered into it.

No - it's not beneath us. It reflects where we are, which is the disappointing part of it.
Make Blues Great Again
mad
13:47, Thu 9 May
Redditch Blue
I agree with you.
I don’t understand the argument of fielding our youngsters ‘in the group games’. Why only the group games?
It’s either important to their development or not and, if it is, then matches in the latter stages will have more riding on them, bigger attendance and therefore serve more purpose.
I also have never understood chucking a load of youngsters into a first team match in one hit either. You learn nothing, because that scenario will never be repeated. You need to play a couple in an otherwise strong team to learn anything about them and whether they could step up any time soon.
I remember Bowyer fielding young sides in the final few games one season. We got battered and learned nothing, in my opinion.

Yep we will be like Arsenal one day so should start behaving like them now
14:19, Thu 9 May
AmyT-FEA

I agree with this. The tournament is absolutely not “beneath us” - by combination of a variety of factors over a 10 year period, we will, next season, be a League 1 club. Consequently, we will, next season, have to play a greater number of games, for which a squad with depth will be required. Thus, next season represents the start of this building process - i.e. the building of a squad that can compete in 4 competitions simultaneously. And then, when the time comes that the squad will pay fewer games (hopefully 2025-26, after promotion back to the Championship), it will be even better equipped to compete.

So I say, let’s be competing for promotion and to do as well as we can in each of the 3 cup competitions.
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
14:22, Thu 9 May
Made in Daegu
AmyT-FEA

I agree with this. The tournament is absolutely not “beneath us” - by combination of a variety of factors over a 10 year period, we will, next season, be a League 1 club. Consequently, we will, next season, have to play a greater number of games, for which a squad with depth will be required. Thus, next season represents the start of this building process - i.e. the building of a squad that can compete in 4 competitions simultaneously. And then, when the time comes that the squad will pay fewer games (hopefully 2025-26, after promotion back to the Championship), it will be even better equipped to compete.

So I say, let’s be competing for promotion and to do as well as we can in each of the 3 cup competitions.

Everything you’ve just said, except replace “competing for promotion” with “pissing the league”
08:00, Fri 10 May
WreckTangle
Thrillhouse
I think I’ll probably join the boycott to be honest. It’s complete nonsense what they’ve done to that trophy. And there’s a good chance we’ll have to play Villa u23s due to the regionalisation of the groups which is humiliating let’s be honest.

Obviously, I will be a massive hypocrite and turn up to the final when we win it 😎

Thankfully I don't think that'll happen. They usually avoid grouping teams with a strong rivalry. Newcastle/Sunderland, Portsmouth/Southampton were never in the same groups.

Didn't Stoke play at Port Vale a few years back and wrecked the away end?
08:04, Fri 10 May
Yeah
Tony Fantastico