07:56, Thu 9 May
Radavis
Do they not still do the game where you bid to play in a certain position for a certain amount of time? Did it for my stag and it was amazing.

Ive played a couple of times all be it 2011 & 2012.

It was with the charity Football Aid where you bid on places, play with a legend, get kit, DVD etc

They had games on at most teams in Prem & Champ but unfortunately it appears they went out of business a couple of years back
If you read what I posted you'll see I actually went out of my way to say how fairly Tamworth had done it and made the point that I had no issue with it.

I'll apply again next time 👍
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
08:09, Thu 9 May
The players were chosen by each OSC, I don't see why the bad vibes on here (from the usual crowd) at this, then again from many of the posters it's to be expected.

In London we had more applicants than places, we chose on a first come first served basis, I'm sure the other OSC did something similar.
08:14, Thu 9 May
Bad vibes from who?
Tony Fantastico
He's just invented a whole scenario in his head 😂
H

Robert Hopkins
I think you are being genuinely unfair here. Each OSC was given 3 spaces. And it was upto each OSC how they picked players. Some decided that the leaders deserved them for running the OSC. Some even had trials to pick the best players. Others decided to have a random draw. Tamworth as of last night has 237 members, the only way to thin that down was a random draw and to make sure that draw was fair, it was filmed and carried out in Austria.

There was also absolute transparency that one of the leaders and personal friends of the leaders were in that draw.

Next year Tamworth will have its own team in an all day competition. So send me your left bollock and I will make sure you are in it.

I also only saw Mark Watson play, others may have been there supporting, and so in photos but certainly not playing.

Impressive membership count for being up & running for only a few months. Well done
08:25, Thu 9 May
Andy, can the OCS have it's own forum, proof of OCS membership required to access it? There are enough bitch fights on here without this bunch starting their own. It will end up like the politics forum, with chest puffing and willy wanging about who is entitled to say this & that, etc. etc. Keep the main forum for proper Blues.

Edit: Proper Blues and Stech.
08:28, Thu 9 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
He's just invented a whole scenario in his head 😂

You’re the one who started the thread by saying the same old faces and “podcasters”. I get it might be sarcasm but it also smelt of sour grapes, particularly as it wasn’t true.

Just saying like.
Miguelagenn
Andy, can the OCS have it's own forum, proof of OCS membership required to access it? There are enough bitch fights on here without this bunch starting their own. It will end up like the politics forum, with chest puffing and willy wanging about who is entitled to say this & that, etc. etc. Keep the main forum for proper Blues.

Not a member of an OSC, but as far as I can see it is a few certain posters on here who have a problem with them, starting the negativity and baiting threads on here not the OSC's starting them looking for conflict or willy wanging.
08:32, Thu 9 May
Yes it was true 🥴

You need to learn the difference between disappointment and sour grapes.

Just odd/incredibly fortunate to see some of the recognise people who made it into the random draws is all.

Sounds like it'll be much better next year, I look forward to applying again. Fingers crossed.
H

NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
Miguelagenn

Not a member of an OSC, but as far as I can see it is a few certain posters on here who have a problem with them, starting the negativity and baiting threads on here not the OSC's starting them looking for conflict or willy wanging.

Name names
H

08:38, Thu 9 May
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Yes it was true 🥴

Just odd/incredibly fortunate to see some of the recognise people who made it into the random draws is all.

Sounds like it'll be much better next year, I look forward to applying again. Fingers crossed.

Who though?

As I said, I know one person in those pics. You didn’t answer my question as to who the other same old faces were. If you can correct me on that I’d be happy to back down in my criticism of your opening post.

Also, while Mark is a mate I’d also point out he’s raised a fair bit for the BCFC Foundation doing charity stuff the last year, and it could be said he’s earned that spot.
08:41, Thu 9 May
I was there last night (Cov OSC lead) and Mark just wanted 5 minutes on the pitch and let others get on.

Secondly, other than people I know from going home and away there was no 'celeb' fans there at all. It was an incredible experience and I get the angst but wasn't that many 'same old faces' types.

The club are going to expand the format to have bigger teams next season so more can get the chance moving forward.
08:44, Thu 9 May
El Mayor
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Yes it was true 🥴

Who though?

As I said, I know one person in those pics. You didn’t answer my question as to who the other same old faces were. If you can correct me on that I’d be happy to back down in my criticism of your opening post.

Also, while Mark is a mate I’d also point out he’s raised a fair bit for the BCFC Foundation doing charity stuff the last year, and it could be said he’s earned that spot.
I’m not trying to be an arse here mate. But I have no idea what doing charity stuff has to with being selected to have a kick about.
Tony Fantastico
Nikola Zigic- FEA
Gonna have to start a podcast at this rate. Looks like applying through the usual channels won't be enough.

I'd give my left bollock to play on that pitch.

I do a podcast - not in an OSC - can't complain about not being involved.

I am absolutely gutted for our Blues Supporters team lads who have represented Blues for years around the country, entered tournaments etc and I've continually tried to get them a game as a team at St Andrew's. Priced out of it when asked to pay £5k + VAT for a game. When asking if we could have a fans v staff game they played Stoke staff instead. I thought this might have been the season for the lads, but maybe next year.

I do totally understand why this particular tournament was done as an incentive for OSCs and I think adding incentives to join is a good thing - I actually think this tournament should probably be every OSC having a team and running on a full day - but also realise time is against them with the work they need doing in the stadium and access on the pitch is needed.

I also don't think our supporters team have any "right" to play on the pitch. But would love us to have a bond with the club and it'd be an unreal reward for the lads who represent Birmingham City as a supporters team.