14:54, Thu 9 May
I get the issue with Ruddy's kicking but he is a pretty solid keeper at all the things keepers used to be expected to be good at. I'd say he's so reliable we've forgotten what it's like to shit ourselves whenever a shot or cross comes in.

If we can find two new keepers who can do what Ruddy does plus the outfield skills obviously that's great but I don't have a problem with him staying at least for another season if we can't find the above.
14:56, Thu 9 May
I agree, I actually rate Ruddy and he's very very good on crosses and dealing with set pieces, something we will miss.

But I suspect we will be a team that uses the keeper in possession next season and thus he's not going to be our first choice keeper

He will get a gig in the Championship as a starting keeper imo
Happy Clapper
15:04, Thu 9 May
We let in loads of goals from set pieces. I didn't see much organisation from him. Ruddy even threw a couple in himself earlier in the season. He'll now be another year older in August.

If we keep him we're all going to be shitting it that the new keeper stays fit.
15:12, Thu 9 May
We conceded 11 which puts us about 9th in the table in terms of set piece goals conceded. He was the second best keeper in the Championship for claiming crosses.

I think he's a decent keeper and will probably start in the Championship next season, I wouldn't keep him though because we'll be going for a different type.
Happy Clapper
15:16, Thu 9 May
I think he'd only get a no 2 job now. Either way, I don't dislike the bloke but I am on the side of razing this squad to the ground and getting in better to storm the league next season. With the backing available, we have the chance of a literal lifetime of supporting Blues.
Tam
15:16, Thu 9 May
Le Mod
I agree, I actually rate Ruddy and he's very very good on crosses and dealing with set pieces, something we will miss.

But I suspect we will be a team that uses the keeper in possession next season and thus he's not going to be our first choice keeper

He will get a gig in the Championship as a starting keeper imo

This hasn't been mentioned much - it's all been about whether we want to keep him as a back up goalkeeper in League One. I think he's got another season or so left in him, although he's not going to get any more agile. I think he'll get a decent offer to be No.1 somewhere, probably in the Championship, or at least a top League One side. He's a goalkeeper that inspires confidence, usually, in his domain.
Make Blues Great Again
15:20, Thu 9 May
number8
I think he'd only get a no 2 job now. Either way, I don't dislike the bloke but I am on the side of razing this squad to the ground and getting in better to storm the league next season. With the backing available, we have the chance of a literal lifetime of supporting Blues.

Agreed, happy to get a younger one who can play out, lets build a team for the next 5 years and piss it.

Just don't agree with some of the rhetoric that he's crap, I think he will play 40+ games in the Champ next year for a team that doesn't play out (Probably Blackburn), because he's alright.

The Oxford keeper looked quite good, that Sam Tickle from Wigan also seems highly rated and is a modern style keeper.
Happy Clapper
15:23, Thu 9 May
Le Mod
The Oxford keeper looked quite good, that Sam Tickle from Wigan also seems highly rated and is a modern style keeper.

Think they'll be our 2 targets for first team keeper - Sam Tickle or Jamie Cumming. The latter might be easier to get.

Worth noting we probably won't get both. Both will want to be first team keepers. This is why you need a number 2 that's happy to be number 2. It's going to be either Ruddy, another older keeper that's better with his feet, or a very young keeper who's willing to play second fiddle for a few years.
15:24, Thu 9 May
Tbf I’m not sure there is a rhetoric that he’s crap. He’s much better than Etheridge but age and his poor ability with his feet plus the chance of a total rebuild say to me we should get rid
Tony Fantastico
15:47, Thu 9 May
I dont mind keeping Ruddy. He is a leader and he also won't be playing anyway. One of the only ones to stand up in front of the press when things have gone badly this year.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
He was our best player by a mile the season before last and only really dipped in form under Rooney where he was asked to do something he can’t do.

There is a debate on whether to keep him as a number 2 or to release him but I actually don’t think he’d even consider signing for us to play second fiddle anyway.

We’ll sign 2 new keepers and Ruddy will get a move to a championship club as number 1 I reckon.
16:04, Thu 9 May
Ser Tait
I dont mind keeping Ruddy. He is a leader and he also won't be playing anyway. One of the only ones to stand up in front of the press when things have gone badly this year.
I want my leaders on the pitch mate. Not talking after a defeat
Tony Fantastico
16:12, Thu 9 May
He was our best player by a mile the season before last and only really dipped in form under Rooney where he was asked to do something he can’t do.

There is a debate on whether to keep him as a number 2 or to release him but I actually don’t think he’d even consider signing for us to play second fiddle anyway.

We’ll sign 2 new keepers and Ruddy will get a move to a championship club as number 1 I reckon.

get rid

get rid of as many of those losers out of that dressing room as we can

they are a symbol of what we had to put up with under BHSL, we can get better

lets bring in better
16:24, Thu 9 May
He was letting in soft goals under Eustace.
16:36, Thu 9 May
I wouldn't keep any of the out of contract players & I would try and get rid of every contracted player we have.
Bunch of losers.