09:05, Fri 27 Oct
Its safe to say the honeymoon is over and interesting times have returned to B9. A second successive defeat for Blues to begin Wayne Rooney's reign led to fans booing the team off the pitch and more wailing and gnashing of teeth online. Is this the next big dip on the football rollercoaster that is

[almajir.net]
09:10, Fri 27 Oct
I should have got Tarquin's autograph when I saw him on Wed.

Great piece alongside Tatts.
09:19, Fri 27 Oct
That video of the abuse thrown at Rooney was hard to watch, some people really are pathetic and take football far to seriously.

It's one thing sharing an opinion on a forum, but its another activley shouting abuse at another humanbeing at the game over a sitiuation that they didn't even engineer.

I hope for Rooneys sake we get something tomorrow at Saints.
09:25, Fri 27 Oct
Tarqs, you’ve made it baby!
Dave
That video of the abuse thrown at Rooney was hard to watch, some people really are pathetic and take football far to seriously.

It's one thing sharing an opinion on a forum, but its another activley shouting abuse at another humanbeing at the game over a sitiuation that they didn't even engineer.

I hope for Rooneys sake we get something tomorrow at Saints.

It was a disgrace. Rooney was well within his rights to tell him to go eff himself.
The same type who get in to an argument with loved ones and dish out the type of abuse that can ruin relationships/break up families.

It's mind boggling.
09:32, Fri 27 Oct
I came away feeling really quite sad about the whole thing. It just seemed very un blues to behave like that after two games. Like what Mayor said where were these c unts under Clark, Cotterill and Karanka?
09:32, Fri 27 Oct
I now wish I'd read your piece before I responded to Colin as I needn't have bothered repeating...
09:35, Fri 27 Oct
As always a great common sense article Dan.
Wednesday was hard to sit through and I’m sure there is going to be a tough few months ahead. The medicine is going to be hard for some to stomach but we cannot keep papering over the cracks. We have a great opportunity to finally move forwards and rebuild from the ground upwards.
09:38, Fri 27 Oct
Excellent piece. I wholeheartedly agree.
09:41, Fri 27 Oct
Dave

Video has more than 1.3 million views.

The club has a zero tolerance policy on abuse. I hope the guy is identified and banned.
23/01/20 Mad: I'll stop moaning now.
I believe one of the reasons for the frustration is the actual appointment of Rooney as manager.
If you look at the credentials for management at any level it surely involves looking at your employees and working out how to get the best results from them, it would be pointless expecting a one legged woman to become a ballerina
Hence look at what you've got and work your tactics to that.
As a further point of interest what positive pointers indicate that Rooney was the man for the job? It is difficult apart from a high profile to understand the logic behind the appointment.
But we have to back the board and Rooney as this is where we are at this moment in time.
The only thing I'd query is this, "What were these people doing during the dark days of Lee Clark? Were they this mad when Steve Cotterill was stinking up the place? Did Aitor Karanka’s shrugging put them into a metaphorical coma?

As fans we’ve gone through a lot in the last few years and we’ve had to put up with some real bullshit. I can’t understand how now is so much worse".

I think there lots of people including myself who were there for those dark days and felt pretty helpless as to what was going on under the aforementioned managers. Suddenly there is an optimism, we have a new owner, we are 6th in the table under a manager who Rooney acknowledges was popular with the fans and then that gets ripped up and a new manager comes in with a less than impressive managerial record. I really think people underestimate how scarred a good size of our fanbase is by those dark days and the whole Zola/Rowett episode. Sorry if I sound like a bedwetter. Will be there tomorrow and and at Sunderland backing Rooney
09:50, Fri 27 Oct
BluSabre
I came away feeling really quite sad about the whole thing. It just seemed very un blues to behave like that after two games. Like what Mayor said where were these c unts under Clark, Cotterill and Karanka?

Me too, I'm soppy anyway but I felt really deflated about what our fan base has become.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:50, Fri 27 Oct
Brilliant as always. Sadly, it seems to be a reflection of society as a whole.

It's times like these we should remember the wise words of the tramp to Mr Jelly - instead of getting wound up by hysteria and fear, just stop, count to ten very quickly under your breath and you may find the thing you thought was really really bad wasn't that bad at all. A snapped twig as opposed to machine-gun fire from terrorists, for example. Or a leaf falling gently on to your head, not a kidnapper about to grab you from behind.

And yes, I am talking down to those people, because they're acting like small children. No self-control, no sense of perspective, no consideration for others - skills they should have learned a long time ago. Remember, most of the time it's just a silly old leaf.