bluearmyfaction
They were persistently shirt-pulling. It was the only way Hutchinson and Burgess could mark.

Then those 2 should have been booked then!

I bet some of our players were at it too...🤷‍♀️
STH on and off since 86. FML.
Chairman
the Kevin Langley fan club
Rab C Nesbitt
Except that it is usually the case because that’s the choice refs have made.
They choose to ignore laws when it suits as I’ve explained in the last couple of days.

"Refs usually give yellows for shirt pulls" is:

a. Highly debateable (ask Juke) and
b. Easily explainable if most shirt-pulls are SPA or persistent fouls

As I've said if the shirt pulls yest weren't SPA and weren't a player persistently fouling then the refs got them right which is what we all want.

The issue is you didn't actually see the shirt pulls yesterday. One of them on Miyoshi was like he'd heard they were running out of shirts in the club shop and he desperately wanted one.

That doesn't change my point.

If that foul wasn't stopping a promising attack OR persistent by the Ipswich player all the ref can do is give a foul. The severity of the pull doesn't come into it (unless it's dangerous which is unlikely).

Them's the rules...🤷‍♀️
STH on and off since 86. FML.
11:18, Sun 5 Nov
Awful ref, made it all about him at times.

Prick
NouCamp
Was waiting all game for him to book someone for a shirt pull after he decided not to innthe first few minutes on JJ

Ended up being Bilek

They just make it harder by setting themselves up to fail, either book both or neither

They were both bookings

Did he book Ruddy for time wasting?

And Drameh for saying something?

I wasn't there yest so didn't see any of the shirt pulls but FWIW a shirt pull isn't an automatic yellow. It's only yellow if it's stopping a promising attack (or 'reckless' - which is fairly difficult with a shirt pull!)

Good to know

I think they were fairly comparable fouls and situations, both on half way line ish with similar potential

I think he books the Ipswich player for the same thing if its later in the game tbf
12:33, Sun 5 Nov
The shirt pull on Myoshi did stop a promising attack.
You could use it as an illustration of a yellow card shirt pull.

Our first two yellow cards were not for fouls.
Complaining about the five and time wasting.

I don't think the ref got the balance right. Ipswich got away with a lot of fouls where we have had players booked in equivalent situations.
12:36, Sun 5 Nov
Chairman
The first foul should have been a yellow anyway. I thought after that he's going to let the game go a bit but no he decided to be inconsistent.

I thought the same.

Aiwu booked for feigning to take the goal kick then passing it to Ruddy. I've never seen our opposition booked for doing that, although they should be. He was also booked at Southampton for kicking the ball away. Again, seen our opposition do it but never seen them booked for it - in fact a Southampton player did it in the last few mins but wasn't booked. You can guarantee if it was our player committing that first minute foul the situation would have been different.
Chairman
Rab C Nesbitt
Except that it is usually the case because that’s the choice refs have made.
They choose to ignore laws when it suits as I’ve explained in the last couple of days.

"Refs usually give yellows for shirt pulls" is:

Then why was Beilk booked for a shirt pull just after he had come on?

a. Highly debateable (ask Juke) and
b. Easily explainable if most shirt-pulls are SPA or persistent fouls

As I've said if the shirt pulls yest weren't SPA and weren't a player persistently fouling then the refs got them right which is what we all want.

The issue is you didn't actually see the shirt pulls yesterday. One of them on Miyoshi was like he'd heard they were running out of shirts in the club shop and he desperately wanted one.

That doesn't change my point.

If that foul wasn't stopping a promising attack OR persistent by the Ipswich player all the ref can do is give a foul. The severity of the pull doesn't come into it (unless it's dangerous which is unlikely).

Them's the rules...🤷‍♀️
15:05, Sun 5 Nov
No one will convince the one by Beilik, was stopping a dangerous attack more than the one in the first half.