19:38, Sun 5 Nov
newblue
BlueWire
When Klopp first took over Liverpool it took a good few games (months actually) for their squad to get used to the high press and for it to really work. Some playerss were initially singled out as not coping. Some never did and were moved on but others, most notably Henderson, got on board, coped, and became central to the whole "project". Not saying Bielik will do likewise (or that he is as good as Henderson), but writing him off is pretty premature.

Although you are replying to me I presume you aren’t saying that’s my view..? It would be a massive presumption about one game - though I think it is pretty observable that Bielik is most happy playing very deep. Let’s hope he is as good as everybody says he is.

No, just a general comment on some of the contributors to the thread not to you personally - sorry if you though otherwise.
19:48, Sun 5 Nov
👍 I thought that was likely the case - thanks. There are some players who I can’t see with much of a future of the club, he’s certainly not amongst them. I think it clear though we’re looking for energetic pacy players decent on the ball. I guess like most clubs 😁
09:39, Mon 6 Nov
Iain_Gavin
Onel Hernandez
Why did we buy a player that couldn't run?

Bielik started off great but after the world cup he didn't return to form. So if we are looking at Rooney as manager, why are we buying players that won't necessarily fit in with the new manager.

Hopefully, they took the risk as they considered any potential sell-on value. But if there is none and he is stuck on the bench, it's a bit frustrating.

Didn't need to run under Eustace.

in a 4-2-3-1 you need someone who can play and someone who can run.

Bielik was horribly exposed when he was the sole number 6 in a 4-3-3

His lack of pace on the turn was very evident against Hull, they moved around him so easily. I think Bielik's only hopes to get significant game time under Rooney are to either get significantly fitter and sharper (feels unlikely given his frame) or to move back and be a ball-playing centre half
10:24, Mon 6 Nov
I think Bielek has a massive part to play. He was successful under Rooney at Derby and whilst he’s not been at his best of late, is still one of our better players.
10:28, Mon 6 Nov
Andy Kennedy
I think Bielek has a massive part to play. He was successful under Rooney at Derby and whilst he’s not been at his best of late, is still one of our better players.

Wasn't he mostly injured when Rooney was there?
Hopefully he is in Rooney's plans though and not starting was about managing his fitness and/ or getting results turned around in the short term before we see Rooney's long term style.
11:53, Mon 6 Nov
The below link is an analysis of one the games he played under Rooney.

He did really well working with Rooney and I think he might give us a little bit more now.

I enjoyed reading about the switching to flanks and it's making me think he'll be the integral player for us.

[thepfsa.co.uk]

[totalfootballanalysis.com]
12:01, Mon 6 Nov
Bielik also took 2 knocks to his ankle in the midweek game which could of been affecting his mobility on Saturday? and also an extra reason as to why Rooney went for a different starting line up.
12:31, Mon 6 Nov
He's already in a box marked 'Glue Factory'. The SHA Sleuths have decided he's done having not started one game that he might have.

I wonder if we could be trendsetters and lots of teams might start to change their team around a little from game to game and maybe rest players, or pick ones that suit the tactics of the particular game they're about to play.

Not us though that'll be the same starting 11 for the rest of the season I imagine.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:26, Mon 6 Nov
Belik looks more like a plodder atm , James definitely ahead of him
18:29, Mon 6 Nov
Rasputin
Seems rather a waste of time and money to bring them in then, doesn't it.

Not really. We had to rebuild the squad from pretty much scratch. Ruddy, JJ, Sunjic, Bacuna the only starters who were here on perms last year I fink? I think it's normal we'd get players in to shore things up - especially Long on a short-term deal, who is ace as backup to be fair.