Yep, he bought that pen. Sterling is a player reborn here. Incredible what confidence does for a player.
17:24, Sun 12 Nov
Ex pros should do var. Any ex pro knows what Haarlanddid did there. Refs who learn the game by reading a rule book don't.

I know that ex pros dont always agree with each other and will get decisions wrong too but out of a 100 decisions they will get more decisions right than these var refs will imo

An incredibly stupid idea.

An ex pro (I forget who) on TV yesterday was calling for an offside from a goal kick ffs.
17:30, Sun 12 Nov
Micah has pronounced it a penalty. That confirms it wasn’t.
17:33, Sun 12 Nov
newblue
Another rubbish VAR ruling, though tbf was a rubbish refereeing decision in the first place. Absolute bull.

Really? So now all of a sudden, you can wrap both arms around a player and bring him down but that's a 'soft' penalty?
Christ. Think I'm giving up. This isn't the game I played and loved.
It's called 'foot'ball for a reason, not hand ball.
Your arms should not be on another player. Full stop.
Up the feckin Blues
17:37, Sun 12 Nov
Tell that to Haaland mate. He initiated the shirt pulling. Therefore that’s a foul, whatever happens afterwards. The usual theatrics from Haaland too.
17:40, Sun 12 Nov
newblue
Tell that to Haaland mate. He initiated the shirt pulling. Therefore that’s a foul, whatever happens afterwards. The usual theatrics from Haaland too.

Ok I've seen it once, but the point stands and you may be right and it should have been a foul against the Chelsea lad.
Point is, when did any of this become acceptable in football?
Up the feckin Blues
18:04, Sun 12 Nov
No it’s not but it happens. Should have just played on I think. What a cracker this game is.

Tbf to the ref he got the Doku dive right. Carragher said a booking was a ‘bit harsh’ ffs.
18:11, Sun 12 Nov
Tom TheProject Brady
Ex pros should do var. Any ex pro knows what Haarlanddid did there. Refs who learn the game by reading a rule book don't.

I know that ex pros dont always agree with each other and will get decisions wrong too but out of a 100 decisions they will get more decisions right than these var refs will imo

An incredibly stupid idea.

An ex pro (I forget who) on TV yesterday was calling for an offside from a goal kick ffs.

I was thinking of bright and measured ex footballers like Danny Murphy, Graham Le Saux, Gary Neville for example would be an addition

Not sure i'd have Gabby, vinny jones and jason mcateer in there though😉
18:11, Sun 12 Nov
The ref gave the penalty thought didn't he?
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
18:16, Sun 12 Nov
As I said. Anyway, there’s been enough goals and excitement to let it pass. Great game. Gallagher has been top class today, as has James. Sterling in this form has to be in the England squad.
18:29, Sun 12 Nov
It's 4-4! What a game this has been.
18:35, Sun 12 Nov
I was thinking of bright and measured ex footballers like Danny Murphy, Graham Le Saux, Gary Neville for example would be an addition

Not sure i'd have Gabby, vinny jones and jason mcateer in there though😉

Why would you only look at ex-players who are media celebrities and TV presenters ? ... they often aren't the most knowledgeable about things (and would probably admit it)
18:37, Sun 12 Nov
It's 4-4! What a game this has been.

Exceptionally entertaining to watch
18:37, Sun 12 Nov
That was a great game.