Kym
00:56, Mon 13 Nov
MontagueTerraceInBlue
I’m hoping to be struck by lightning on the long, long road to Damascus.

I'm agnostic, me.
06:27, Mon 13 Nov
An excellent post. Well thought out and put into words.

But you know what I’m going to say……. Change the word Rooney to Jesus, and you’ll be in a winner my friend! :-)
Matthew 11:28
09:57, Mon 13 Nov
People who are agnostic, wont have or will find it difficult to have faith.
Support is the right word I think, we need to try as best we can to support the club and the team.

Keep right on and all that.
10:01, Mon 13 Nov
People who are agnostic, wont have or will find it difficult to have faith.
Support is the right word I think, we need to try as best we can to support the club and the team.

Keep right on and all that.

Apologies, but surely "support" needs some sort of rationale or logic to back it up - just go with faith, it's easier
14:18, Mon 13 Nov
If this is how you spend your Sunday nights Rags, I might suggest you take up alcohol instead
14:34, Mon 13 Nov
If this is how you spend your Sunday nights Rags, I might suggest you take up alcohol instead

Faith can do strange things to people - but drink is never the answer
STD
07:49, Tue 14 Nov
There is also 0 evidence that if we hadn't of changed managers that we wouldn't be in the exact same situation
Moist
11:40, Tue 14 Nov
STD
STD
There is also 0 evidence that if we hadn't of changed managers that we wouldn't be in the exact same situation

pretty much. We've gotten worse in every department in the 5 games under Rooney. For a team that made the decision to sack John Eustace to promise an attacking football, dominant possession based football and seemingly playing football similar to the likes of Burnley last season, it has so far didn't pay off, not surprising if you suddenly change football tactics a quarter into the season and a formation that was working enough to put the club in 6th place.

Sure there was ups and downs under JE but we wasn't looked as open and disorganised at the back now in comparison. Saying that we would have a similar results if Eustace was in charge is just wrong and some fans rewrite history to justify this mess.

I don't have a problem for fans backing Rooney and yes the situation isn't easy, but in reality the club shoot themselves in the foot doing an unnecessary risk, Zola-esq decision not made for football reasons, but just for branding, and even then that could have paid off if the manager was better than Rooney, but no.

In reality: 1 points out of 15 possible points is horrendous. playing 2nd best in every game (baring a game that we were winning till we bottle a 2 goal lead) is bad, and falling from a steady start of the season (being 6th) to free falling into 18th in a space of a month is shambolic. Football is a result based business and no matter how many people are trying to justified this, this is just a shambolic state of events, something that shouldn't have happen in the first place.
mad
11:42, Tue 14 Nov
Agree we need to keep faith although not necessarily in Rooney but rather in the club. We ought to move away from wild mood swings like we saw at Sunderland from chanting Rooney Rooney when something comes off to despondency and acrimony at the end.

We should be very grateful we are as a club out of the mess we've been in for 9 or 10 seasons. We should see this as part and parcel of a three or even five year plan.

As much as Eustace did very well and is very likeable and likely would have won us at least one of the previous 5 matches and transformed the club's results in local derby matches (not to be sniffed at that!!!) he still would not have got us in the play offs.

We were going to finish 10th or 11th at best had Eustace remained. Come the start of next season it won't make all that much difference where we finish between 7th and 21st so let's just enjoy Blues being ever so slightly almost stable off the pitch for once and let's look forward to a long awaited cup run in the new year
11:48, Tue 14 Nov
mad
Agree we need to keep faith although not necessarily in Rooney but rather in the club. We ought to move away from wild mood swings like we saw at Sunderland from chanting Rooney Rooney when something comes off to despondency and acrimony at the end.

We should be very grateful we are as a club out of the mess we've been in for 9 or 10 seasons. We should see this as part and parcel of a three or even five year plan.

As much as Eustace did very well and is very likeable and likely would have won us at least one of the previous 5 matches he still would not have got us in the play offs. We were going to finish 10th or 11th at best. Come the start of next season it won't make all that much difference where we finish between 7th and 21st so let's just enjoy Blues being ever so slightly almost stable off the pitch for once and let's look forward to a long awaited cup run in the new year

What confuses me though is when you say "he still would not have got us in the play offs" . That's possibly true, possibly not true. Certainly the team was improving and would have continued to improve with all the inured players returning.

BUT ... people are saying, Rooney will do well once he's had the January transfer window, and after all the high earners go in the Summer and we can get some better players in. If they had backed Eustace then he would have had the same advantages .... Jan window,end of season etc.

I think it's only fair to compare like with like and in that respect Rooney is, SO FAR, failing.

As i said in the original post .... that's why we need to have FAITH in Rooney - 'cos there's sure as hell nothing else to give any hope
mad
16:41, Tue 14 Nov
As a fanbase we just have to try to stay level headed. Sure it would've been ace if Rooney had exploded us into proper contention for a play off spot and got the ground buzzing etc...

But to my mind we should really ignore the personality aspect of it - Rooney this Rooney that - and still just get behind the team at each game. The ground is beginning to look decent again. There's lots to be optimistic about in general with the situation down St Andrews

Ignore the manager situation, dig out some of the old tunes again - aye aye hoppy, rather be a sausage than an egg, tin of salmon and reclaim that St Andrews atmosphere we see so fleetingly these days

I think the danger with trying to appeal for FAITH in Rooney per-se is if it turns out mediocre there's little to fall back on. Rooney is a board decision trust the board and get behind the lads
17:30, Tue 14 Nov
mad
I will support the team but I have zero faith in the mumbling ,incoherent lump that is presently the manager
19:11, Tue 14 Nov
Rags I thought Simon Jordan summed up the situation perfectly if he comes out of the next 3 games poorly then we have to question whether he is the right man for the job
20:10, Tue 14 Nov
STD
There is ample outcome and parametric data that we are in the poo.