CJ
21:46, Tue 14 Nov
Absolute classic, Lemmy at his best.
23:11, Tue 14 Nov
Homer
I've never been a fan of Dire Straits but,Sultans of Swing live from the Alchemy album is unbelievable.Put it on youtube and watch it with headphones on.

There's a nice version of 'Once Upon A Time In The West' on that album too. It's really drawn out (nearly 11 mins!) but it's another of those Dire Straits ones where you think 'I wish I could 'make it cry or sing' like he does'.

00:06, Wed 15 Nov
Super Hans
Better than any version of the original imo

Wow close thread! Didn't think I'd like this, but what an incredible performance. Seeing Jason Bonham play just like his Dad, and Robert Plant with tears in his eyes at the end. Perfect!
00:15, Wed 15 Nov

Wow close thread! Didn't think I'd like this, but what an incredible performance. Seeing Jason Bonham play just like his Dad, and Robert Plant with tears in his eyes at the end. Perfect!

That's brilliant... and i don't even like Led Zep's version

... although it wasn't my "cup of tea" i always thought Lynyrd Skynyrd's live version of Freebird was magnificent ... this one especially - sounds like the one they used used on their live album

00:26, Wed 15 Nov
Here's one....

Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
00:34, Wed 15 Nov
Here's one....

another song i don't usually like ... but i liked that ... ta
00:36, Wed 15 Nov
generalProject
Here's one....

Absolute classic! This popped up on the side after I watched Freebird. Was just about to post it!
00:40, Wed 15 Nov
Rags

That's brilliant... and i don't even like Led Zep's version

... although it wasn't my "cup of tea" i always thought Lynyrd Skynyrd's live version of Freebird was magnificent ... this one especially - sounds like the one they used used on their live album

Love this video. Year before I was born. I imagined a Skynyrd gig back in the 70s would be a complete sausage-fest. I was wrong! Great song. Big solos and huge endings to songs like this just make me glad to be alive.
00:48, Wed 15 Nov

Love this video. Year before I was born. I imagined a Skynyrd gig back in the 70s would be a complete sausage-fest. I was wrong! Great song. Big solos and huge endings to songs like this just make me glad to be alive.

As i hinted at before it's a genre that's really not my cup of tea usually - but the whole of that Lynyrd Skynyrd live album blows me away/ I think with Freebird it's the different tempos, keys, how delicate it is at times, then the way it builds up throughout and then magnificent finales that are actually just false endings
00:55, Wed 15 Nov
Changing mood totally .... another song i didn't like but then heard a particular live version that i thought was magnificent

01:04, Wed 15 Nov
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
08:26, Wed 15 Nov
generalProject
Here's one....

Coincidentally my mate I work with put his cover up yesterday
[x.com]
Tony Fantastico
15:00, Wed 15 Nov
Stevie Wonder Live on Sesame Street 1973

23:28, Wed 15 Nov
Are we only allowing old fogey rock or can we have old fogey funk 'n soul too?

05:06, Thu 16 Nov
Excellent

So i'll give you one of my favourite all time live clips