12:15, Fri 17 Nov
You’ll love the Jewellers Arms then. A short downhill stagger from the JQ station/tram. Log fire, patrons of a similar vintage, lots of good beers and if you stay for more than a couple you’ll be asked to join the crib team!
12:20, Fri 17 Nov
Miguelagenn
Well then, that's easy.

Christmas Market and then the Colmore for some of that Tiramisu stuff, perfect for a winter's evening. You've got a plethora after that. The Old Royal's one of my faves because I used to meet the woman who became my wife there, many years ago when she used to work in the area of town. Can be a bit villary on the wrong day but it's a proper pub, does what it says on the tin.

Oh and don't forget B&Q on Wednesdays.

Harsh!!!
12:54, Fri 17 Nov
One Riley
JQ - Jewellers Arms, 1000 Trades, The Wolf,
Barrel Store.

And....

Jq bar, red lion, rose villa, button factory, the church, the clifden, rolling mill, pig and tail
13:19, Fri 17 Nov
Seconded, absolute rubbish.
13:29, Fri 17 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Can I be the first to say eff the Christmas market. Way too many decent pubs around to be stood outside buying shite beer

Couldn't agree more. Won't be going anywhere near it. It's an abomination
13:30, Fri 17 Nov
Wombourne Blue
Rab C Nesbitt
Can I be the first to say eff the Christmas market. Way too many decent pubs around to be stood outside buying shite beer

Couldn't agree more. Won't be going anywhere near it. It's an abomination

👏

Hear hear.
13:56, Fri 17 Nov
I've only been to the JQ a couple of times this year and,both times it was very quiet. Maybe i was just unlucky.
14:06, Fri 17 Nov
I’d say you were lucky. The less people about the less chance of seeing a bell end
Tony Fantastico
14:30, Fri 17 Nov
What day and time.

We could make it a SHA do.
14:32, Fri 17 Nov
Spike
Nikola Zigic
Go and meet Spike in Albert's Schloss

I'm waiting for an invite from you mate.

Thursday 14th December approx 9pm see you there pal X
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
I've moved on, it's all in the past, new era. I'm sure you can find something else to shout at me for though over a nice Paulaner. The more the merrier.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
21:20, Fri 17 Nov
On a similar vein
I’m having a birthday weekend with the Mrs in Brum 10th December, staying near Brindley Place

Haven’t really spent much time in the City since I left home in the 80s

Any suggestions on places to go & decent eateries that might not be jam packed with Xmas parties?