21:53, Sat 18 Nov
We usually try to play along with the show but haven’t tried the app - must do that cos it is sometimes easy to cheat and pause for a second or two 🤣
22:05, Sat 18 Nov
If you can find a game called Acquire you won't regret it. Not sure why it wasn't bigger. Be interested to see if anyone has heard of it
07:13, Sun 19 Nov
If you want to try some new board games, go to Chance&Counters board game cafe in The Custard Factory- it’s great and they have hundreds of games! Plus there are people working there that have an unbelievable knowledge of the games!
"we don't even know why we're here - we're all just wandering around, doing daft things, killing time, until we die; that's why Frisbee's been invented..." (Karl Pilkington 2013)
08:21, Sun 19 Nov
Ticket to Ride
Codenames
Linkee
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
08:30, Sun 19 Nov
I love Ticket to Ride
08:44, Sun 19 Nov
Rags
Anyone had the 1% Club boardgame? Wife is obsessed with the TV show so was gonna get it for over Christmas.

Worryingly she regularly gets further than me.

Does she play along live on the app you can download ?

Makes the show excellent in my opinion... are you as good as you actually think you are when you have to stick to the time limits and only have the same chances as the contestants have ?

Puts the pressure on

Yeah she does, she does well to be fair. I've told her to apply, has "won" via playing on the app a few times now. Very different in that studio I bet.

My brain just doesn't work like that, I like to think of myself as being pretty intelligent but the questions on that baffle me.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
08:47, Sun 19 Nov
BluenoseMo
I love Ticket to Ride

Me too. I think it might have been inspired by a game called Rail Baron in the 70's
I would have won last night, got the 1$ question immediately it was read out, normally can't get one along the way though.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
12:46, Sun 19 Nov
jeffwealands
BluenoseMo
I love Ticket to Ride

Me too. I think it might have been inspired by a game called Rail Baron in the 70's

Would you both recommend the original, or one of the updated versions - there is a Europe 15th anniversary edition with a few new concepts included for example. Sometimes they ruin the originals trying to be clever.
14:51, Sun 19 Nov
I’d start with the original - we have the UK add on too which adds a bit more to the game. To be honest though, it is good enough as it is.
14:52, Sun 19 Nov
wookie
I’d start with the original - we have the UK add on too which adds a bit more to the game. To be honest though, it is good enough as it is.

👍
17:04, Sun 19 Nov
The original, the Europe and the Scandanavian are the best ones, all essentially the same game but different enough experiences to warrant trying all 3.

For a beginner, I'd go with Europe (the original version, TTR isn't one where expansions help usually).
21:54, Sun 19 Nov
wookie
Ticket to ride is pretty good

Yep great game.
08:42, Mon 20 Nov
Senor_Droolcup
Cones of Dunshire

Bagsey the Ledgerman
18:02, Fri 24 Nov
The original, the Europe and the Scandanavian are the best ones, all essentially the same game but different enough experiences to warrant trying all 3.

For a beginner, I'd go with Europe (the original version, TTR isn't one where expansions help usually).

...for anyone interested the Ticket to Ride games are reduced on Amazon this Black Friday [www.amazon.co.uk]