20:59, Sun 26 Nov
Very good goal. Look what can be achieved by being patient and composed, hopefully we see more of this more consistently. Some brave passes in there too to get it forward rather than just keep it.

Dramah cutting in and reversing it to Dembele

Aiwu’s pass into Bielek rather than back to ruddy who offloads it too James

James involved at 3 different points of the attack and follows the attack to score

Signs of good coaching and patterns of play

[x.com]
21:02, Sun 26 Nov
Yeah it’s a really good goal
Tony Fantastico
21:10, Sun 26 Nov
Agreed mate

I said at the time it was a cracking goal.

Also really funny where we sit, the moaners in front p1ssed off when Wednesday scored
and missed Bacuna's goal.
21:16, Sun 26 Nov
17 passes leading to the goal I think?

Can't think of many times I've seen Blues do that in all my time.
H

Consistently correct and proven right.
21:32, Sun 26 Nov
I remember there was a couple of weeks in the New Year under Hughton where we just scored for fun and I think we beat Sheffield United very well in the cup with a long passing move where we just pinged in around like peak 70s Brazil.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
21:49, Sun 26 Nov
That goal at Sheffield was superb.
Tony Fantastico
21:53, Sun 26 Nov
Yeah. We've never got close to playing consistently "good" football since.

I really enjoyed the Monk season, but we swarmed teams - whereas 11/12 season was just sexy football for long periods.
Birmingham City: coming up with new ways to ruin your weekend since 1875
22:21, Sun 26 Nov
Should have buried the first tempt to be honest. Terrible shot 😝😝
22:48, Sun 26 Nov
Good goal, just listened to Rooneys post match interview and it was good to see him looking happy, agreed with pretty much everything he said too which is encouraging

Hopefully we can pick up some more results in the next 2 then crack on and leave all us this pro/against Rooney rubbish behind us
23:54, Sun 26 Nov
Yep, suppose it’s the modern way but we should be better than this and pull together.
01:00, Mon 27 Nov
Brad1875
Good goal, just listened to Rooneys post match interview and it was good to see him looking happy, agreed with pretty much everything he said too which is encouraging

Hopefully we can pick up some more results in the next 2 then crack on and leave all us this pro/against Rooney rubbish behind us

100 % yes please !
Fantastic goal, glimmers of hopefully what is to come.
07:55, Mon 27 Nov
The key thing for me which this style of football is just a bit more tempo. Playing about from the back is incredibly effective, but we’re doing it at walking pace. It just allows the oppo to wander in and cut the passing lanes. Ball needs to be moved a lot quicker. We’ll make mistakes doing it, but even Pep is on record saying he doesn’t care if John Stones knocks one out of play every now and again.

A new keeper may be important to this.
08:00, Mon 27 Nov
Thrillhouse
The key thing for me which this style of football is just a bit more tempo. Playing about from the back is incredibly effective, but we’re doing it at walking pace. It just allows the oppo to wander in and cut the passing lanes. Ball needs to be moved a lot quicker. We’ll make mistakes doing it, but even Pep is on record saying he doesn’t care if John Stones knocks one out of play every now and again.

A new keeper may be important to this.

100% - Still gutted we didn't nab Sarkic when we had the chance.
08:05, Mon 27 Nov
Absolutely. Sanderson passed to Aiwu, back to Sanderson, both static. However in fairness no one calling for it higher up. Back to Ruddy. All of of this actively encourages the opposition to press and Ruddy does have a ricket or two in him.

But..that goal shows why and how keeping a football, quick passing and movement is the way forward. Also how subs can change games. We scored two excellent goals on Saturday.