21:04, Mon 27 Nov
TV had one tournament and went out on pens to ze Germans. Hardly a failure. Then he got done up like a kipper because the FA were scared of the media.
21:23, Mon 27 Nov
I wouldn't say he failed at all
21:25, Mon 27 Nov
Whatever became of Tommy Vance?
Tha Project OBE
And Charlie Dimmock
Tony Fantastico
22:04, Mon 27 Nov

He died about 20 years ago. They’ve only just finished chiselling his full name onto his gravestone.
22:07, Mon 27 Nov
johnnyspex
QBBC2
Too good for Blues, not good enough for England.

What England need is someone with personality, charisma and some cojones but the top brass always bottle it and go for someone bland that won’t give them any problems. They’d rather have a quiet life than a major trophy.

Terry Venables ticked those boxes …. & failed

He only had 2 years at it didn't he? Don't know the backstory behind it, but always thought that was nuts, given how he had us playing in 96.
Must have upset one of the stuffed shirts at the FA?
Up the feckin Blues
22:33, Mon 27 Nov
There was a media campaign into alleged dodgy dealings by el Tel to stop him getting the job but the FA still appointed him. Then they shat themselves that he’d besmirch their good name (or he’d blow the whistle on other goings on?) so they told him that after the Euros his contract wold be reviewed based on results at the tonment. Then they announced Hoddle as his replacement before the tournament had even kicked off. If Southgate had scored that penalty Venables would’ve had the opportunity to ram it down their throats in the final against the Czechs.
22:35, Mon 27 Nov
Mad Blue
Bcfc 26
This guy constantly seems to be under pressure.

Unpopular opinion here but when Southgate leaves. Forget howe potter guardiola mourinho. This guy should be the next England manager

😂😂😂

I hope you are just attempting a wind up.

He’s a really high level coach. Did a brilliant job with the young England team, took Forest from the bottom of the Champ to promotion in a set of ridiculous circumstances. Him or Carsley for me after Southgate goes
22:37, Mon 27 Nov
Blimey, this is a turn up for the books
06:18, Tue 28 Nov
He’d definitely be better than Southgate, when he first got the job at Forest, I’d never heard of him.

A work colleague that supported Forest, told me about his stint with the England youth sides and I’ve being a fan of his ever since.

Built a very good Forest side to get promoted lost most of those that got them up. Recruited new players and kept them in the EPL.
06:31, Tue 28 Nov
QBBC2
There was a media campaign into alleged dodgy dealings by el Tel to stop him getting the job but the FA still appointed him. Then they shat themselves that he’d besmirch their good name (or he’d blow the whistle on other goings on?) so they told him that after the Euros his contract wold be reviewed based on results at the tonment. Then they announced Hoddle as his replacement before the tournament had even kicked off. If Southgate had scored that penalty Venables would’ve had the opportunity to ram it down their throats in the final against the Czechs.

Cheers, had forgotten/wasn't aware of any of that. Shame.
Up the feckin Blues
that could partly be because theres a trigger happy chairman above him who could sack him on a whim
11:46, Tue 28 Nov
Always been a whinger. The odd moan is understandable but he’s incessant and touchy. The media would have him on toast.