22:02, Tue 28 Nov
As long as a pub serves premium strength lager I’m not too bothered.

I’ll have the odd IPA but don’t buy into all the “old badgers nadgers” ale stuff. If people enjoy it though, each to their own. Give me a Peroni or Madri and I’m a happy man.

Good to know the Queens Arms is still open.
00:10, Wed 29 Nov
I was in the one in Summer Row 2-3 weeks ago - first time I’ve ever been in. Food was lovely and the staff were very pleasant/helpful
13:28, Wed 29 Nov
I've not been for years but the Queen's Arms, Newhall St, is a lovely pub and the food looks good.
15:21, Wed 29 Nov
Another nod to the Prince of Wales. Some great photos on the walls of Brum’s musical finest last time I was in. Think they’ve had a refurb in last 12 months but hopefully kept the vibe.
15:42, Wed 29 Nov
I do like The Prince of Wales, but they don't do food - beyond cobs and stuff.

I liked it better before the refurb funnily enough, but it's still a typically decent Black Country Ales house.
15:48, Wed 29 Nov
The Wellington, good beer and they do very good bags of Scampi Fries.
15:52, Wed 29 Nov
Spike
I do like The Prince of Wales, but they don't do food - beyond cobs and stuff.

I liked it better before the refurb funnily enough, but it's still a typically decent Black Country Ales house.

Sorry didn’t read title. Yes, was always a pie at best.
16:28, Wed 29 Nov
generalBlue
Have done The Old Joint Stock, The Old Contemptibles, Wellington for a few years with a few mates but looking for a change.
Good ale and decent food without 5 star prices on a Monday lunch time ? A bit of history too ?

I like the Lost & Found and the Cosy Club on Bennett’s Hill. I used to work at The Cosy Club when it was The Midland Bank Trustee Company / Bank - before we relocated to Stephenson Place back in the early 70s