09:10, Thu 30 Nov
Rab C Nesbitt
Lots said very good save but if we carry him for large parts and he doesn’t score that, he can’t play before Hogan or Burke. A shame but very true

Agreed. Will always love Juke for his service to the club, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team now I'm afraid
09:13, Thu 30 Nov
The fundamental problem we have playing the way we are is that we have one good Championship quality striker - Stansfield. We do not have the firepower up front to make up for the fact we are now conceding, on average, 2 or 3 goals every match since Rooney came in. Juke is past it. Hogan simply isn’t good enough and largely innocuous every time he starts and Burke is just a faster version of Hogan.
09:15, Thu 30 Nov
GBlue
I know I was watching through teary eyes but I cant remember Hogan actually touching the ball.

I was working but I swear it said he got an assist on the app I looked at.
Mandated as the Poster of Reason - October 2023
09:15, Thu 30 Nov
I'd agreed 100%. When he came on last night we got behind him he got no grief. I'm not a knocker but hogan could have either competed hard and given away a foul or competed hard and won the ball. He didn't compete hard and was brushed off and away they went.

As for juke he gave is a presence which at times was crucial
09:18, Thu 30 Nov
Storm in a teacup and a fuss about nothing.

Yes, he should have scored that header, but Bacuna skied a couple of reasonable opportunities and ultimately it wasn't our attacking play that let us down last night.

I thought Juke was a useful outlet and got a couple of good flick ons. There were a couple of occasions that he was hauled down and should have got free kicks that didn't go our way, which is always frustrating to see. Like Hogan, he is often anonymous for a large part of a game, because he's a limited player.

I would personally like to see Stansfield up top by himself with three players behind him (Bacuna/Burke/Roberts if he's ever coming back, Dembele, Miyoshi), but it seems WR isn't that fond of the latter, so there we go. Not everyone can play every game and it's not as if we have lots of other good options!
09:22, Thu 30 Nov
I said on Saturday that it's absolutely bonkers that we're still finishing games with Marc Roberts, Gary Gardner and Jukey on the pitch.

I love Juke, he's a club legend but he's had it now. He should only be seen when chasing a game or defending set pieces when we've got 10 to go.

Hogan is utter bin juice but in this style/setup his press is at least useful, I felt that when he came on last night we looked a bit more lively.

January and the summer can't come quick enough for me.

A brief shopping list (including factoring in Stansfield and Aiwu going back - but not Drameh as I think we'll sign him):

- 2 x Goalkeeper
- 3 x centre halves
- 2 x central midfielders
- 3 x strikers

Then we don't know if Anderson gets a new deal and who we might lose to bigger clubs.

It'd be nice to have a summer where we don't need to sign a minimum of 10 players!
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
09:28, Thu 30 Nov
RomfordBlue

Yes, he should have scored that header, but Bacuna skied a couple of reasonable opportunities and ultimately it wasn't our attacking play that let us down last night.

I thought Juke was a useful outlet and got a couple of good flick ons. There were a couple of occasions that he was hauled down and should have got free kicks that didn't go our way, which is always frustrating to see. Like Hogan, he is often anonymous for a large part of a game, because he's a limited player.

I would personally like to see Stansfield up top by himself with three players behind him (Bacuna/Burke/Roberts if he's ever coming back, Dembele, Miyoshi), but it seems WR isn't that fond of the latter, so there we go. Not everyone can play every game and it's not as if we have lots of other good options!

A couple of good flick ons for a 75 minute showing is not much though is it?
Playing Juke hampers us, he is not quick enough for a forward press, he doesn't offer much up top as a striker any more, nothing is sticking with him, or are we creating chances through him and when he is missing headers, which is one thing he was very good at, then you know his time is up and we need to move past him.
10:22, Thu 30 Nov
brummiestu87
RomfordBlue

Playing Juke hampers us, he is not quick enough for a forward press, he doesn't offer much up top as a striker any more, nothing is sticking with him, or are we creating chances through him and when he is missing headers, which is one thing he was very good at, then you know his time is up and we need to move past him.

No, it's not ideal, but I refer you to my conclusion that we don't have a lot of other options.

Juke was past his best two seasons ago. It's weird to me that yesterday's missed header is what has suddenly motivated people into thinking he shouldn't play.
10:30, Thu 30 Nov
RomfordBlue
brummiestu87
RomfordBlue

No, it's not ideal, but I refer you to my conclusion that we don't have a lot of other options.

Juke was past his best two seasons ago. It's weird to me that yesterday's missed header is what has suddenly motivated people into thinking he shouldn't play.

Hogan is awful, but at least he fits in with the style of play in that he can at least press.

I've said for a long time that Juke is past his best though, which is a shame given what he has done for us.
10:31, Thu 30 Nov
Dirty Bertie
GBlue
I know I was watching through teary eyes but I cant remember Hogan actually touching the ball.

And I can't recall Burke ever passing to a teammate.

But what have either of those got to do with our pathetic defending or Juke's failure with his big chance?

Burke basically set up the second goal with a back heel. Maybe go back and have a look eh
Ricky Otto 1994-1998 - The Man, The Legend