18:54, Thu 30 Nov
Political correctness
Lichfield Blues
Slightly Turbid
According to Martin Lewis you should renew 21 days before expiry of the existing policy to get the best price.

This is spot on from personal experience

I was with LV last year and they up it by about £200. Had no claims again last year. Used Martin Lewis car insurance section and got it for about £50 lower than last year.
19:45, Thu 30 Nov
Bentley Continental GT. Range Rover owners are in the same boat
09:54, Wed 6 Dec
Anyone know......
Got 2 vehicles.
Let's say I have accumulated 14 years total No Claims Discount on one.
The other vehicle I've only had for a year without a claim.
Can I split the 14 years NCD over 2 vehicles ie 7 each ?
Jude should be front and centre of everything England do in the attacking third of the pitch.
Give him the armband now too ! ( AUG 2023 )
10:31, Wed 6 Dec
Some will allow NCD on both, some will not. Look at a multi car policy.
10:48, Wed 6 Dec
A mate of mine uses Admiral Multicar and says it saves him loads having all the families cars on one policy.

Your NCD remains separate so if there is a claim made by one member it doesn't affect the others in the family on the policy - give 'em a call.
13:28, Wed 6 Dec
lowercaser
A mate of mine uses Admiral Multicar and says it saves him loads having all the families cars on one policy.

Your NCD remains separate so if there is a claim made by one member it doesn't affect the others in the family on the policy - give 'em a call.

And one person has a claim, you can ALL lose NCB, check the small print
16:42, Wed 6 Dec
lowercaser

And one person has a claim, you can ALL lose NCB, check the small print

No - as I said that doesn't happen. Effectively they are separate policies all in a 'wrapper' to reduce the admin costs and hence cheaper premiums.
21:16, Thu 7 Dec
Slightly Turbid
According to Martin Lewis you should renew 21 days before expiry of the existing policy to get the best price.

I've heard this but is it 3 weeks to the day? Mines up in a few weeks and renewal gone up £140 to £461 jokers
08:33, Fri 8 Dec
Oldham
Motor insurance has shot up massively in price this year, because cars in general have.

Why would that make a difference? Surely the insurance price depends on other factors like age and make of car, age of owner, accident history and so on.
09:14, Fri 8 Dec
its also based on how much the repair is going to cost, how much to cover the non-insured driver, the crash for cash loons and personal injury claims. All these costs will have gone up. That fire at Luton airport will hit one insurer massively so will need to hike costs to recover that payout.
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
09:54, Fri 8 Dec
A lot of you probably already use it but top cashback is a useful site to reduce the cost of any insurance, amongst other things. I think they credited me around £40 at my last renewal, albeit 3 months later
10:23, Fri 8 Dec
Oldham
Motor insurance has shot up massively in price this year, because cars in general have.

Why would that make a difference? Surely the insurance price depends on other factors like age and make of car, age of owner, accident history and so on.

Since Covid there has been huge problems in getting spare parts (hence the rise of 'car cannibals' for those doing 'off book' repairs), repair prices have increased (combination of inflation and scarcity driving up the price they can charge), delays in getting parts leads to people having courtesy cars for months driving up the overall price to settle a claim, and most insurers were hardly making any money on policies in an attempt to corner market share but there has been a shift away from that to insurers pricing there products 'realistically' to give the sort of margin their shareholders want.

Basically car insurance (no matter how 'high' and unreasonable you thought the premium was) was unsustainably low for the industry and there was always going to be a 'reset' at some point - Covid and the fallout effects from it provided that)