10:13, Fri 1 Dec
I think it's worth a go. Perhaps even try Aiwu in midfield as he can play there. Although given what we have witnessed so far I'm not convinced he would be any better than Sunjic in there.
10:16, Fri 1 Dec
I think I'm leaning more and more towards trying a 352 along these lines

Ruddy

Laird

Sanderson
Bielek
Buchanan

Drameh

James
Bacuna
Miyoshi

Stansfield
Dembele
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:18, Fri 1 Dec
Quite like that.
10:26, Fri 1 Dec
My worry was that it stops Dembele from doing what he does best and skinning people out wide. Yet we saw on Tuesday, he's lethal centrally too.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
10:27, Fri 1 Dec
I suggested the same thing the other day. I'm pretty sure when we had him on loan from arsenal we played him in defence.
11:26, Fri 1 Dec
Central in a back 3 it could work, nowhere near a back 2 he needs pace alongside him.
11:49, Fri 1 Dec
I'd be happy to see him at CB next to Sanderson, but then I wonder if that leads to Bacuna being played deeper, next to JJ.

And much as I like Bacuna, I am always bricking it when he's being played in that position.
11:57, Fri 1 Dec
Yeah anything behind him and he’s effed. Looked like he was running in treacle midweek
12:39, Fri 1 Dec
bluefrank
I can get behind that, as he also reads the game well and has alertness.

Cunningham was no speed machine but his Shepherd/Sheepdog partnership with Upson flying about was fine by me.

Him and Sanderson...?

Yeah, go on then

I see where you’re coming from but, ultimately, Cunningham and Upson were just vastly superior defenders to Bielik and Sanderson.
Pace (or lack of) regardless, KC and MU had defensive brains and nous that KB and DS will never have, hence the levels they’ve all played at.
You might as well compare apples and pears.
13:50, Fri 1 Dec
Thongs
No pace, I’m out.

I agree with Thongs

He hasn't got he pace to be the sole holding midfield or centre back in this team.

Maybe he can play in goal? His distribution will be decent
13:52, Fri 1 Dec
bluefrank
I can get behind that, as he also reads the game well and has alertness.

Cunningham was no speed machine but his Shepherd/Sheepdog partnership with Upson flying about was fine by me.

Him and Sanderson...?

Yeah, go on then

problem is Bruce had them defending deep, Rooney wants his defenders pushed right up so we can press high....
13:56, Fri 1 Dec
Yeah, Cunningham didn't have any space behind him, same with Dann, both would have been far less effective defending high, we saw it with Dann at Blackburn

Defenders by and large hate space and hate defending one on one, very few are good at it
Happy Clapper
14:57, Fri 1 Dec
Nikola Zigic
I think I'm leaning more and more towards trying a 352 along these lines

Ruddy

Laird

Sanderson
Bielek
Buchanan

Drameh

James
Bacuna
Miyoshi

Stansfield
Dembele

Love the look of that. Would help a lot with our playing out too
15:09, Fri 1 Dec
Don't mind that, but not a fan of having a right footer at left wing back, I think you lose a lot of width, if we're going with proper wing backs I'd go with Longelo
Happy Clapper
Almajir said on the FLGIG Podcast that Tommy Fogarty was training with the main team. U21 player, seem rated in the youth team and been a regular for N.I U21s. Not saying he'd be in the starting 11 straight away, but given the centre defence dilemma atm I think he may get call unto the team if that department doesn't improve.