17:38, Sat 2 Dec
Hello darkness my old friend
17:49, Sat 2 Dec
No darkness for me. We are alive again after 12 years of desperation.

Results will come.

JJ is looking like a proper player as an aside
I wonder whether Rooney's unhappiness is part of the problem. We've taken a squad that looked assured in what they were doing and made them into one that looks scared of making mistakes.

It's all well and good to demand excellence and ship out the dross like Pep did when he arrived but we are not Man City and don't have their ability to (allegedly) flout the rules. He has to be more pragmatic because that's the kind of club he's at.
17:53, Sat 2 Dec
Not yet

Give it 3 games
mad
David Xavis
Hello again

Useful point in fairness
WR Blue
BlueSteve
We've seen that average managers can get a tune out of these players. What concerns me is that Rooney can't even do that and consequently I don't know if I can forsee it getting any better even if he does bring his own new players in. It's all very well saying that stats show that this is the type of football that gets teams out of the championship, but there are many different factors that go into moulding a group of players into a cohesive team that can outplay others at this level and win more than they lose.

The proof is in the pudding and this pudding is awful.

Hmm. Stats in isolation can be misleading. Burnley played with attacking flair and got promotion but they outspent the rest of the league by a country mile. Luton, on the other hand, got promoted through pragmatic, dogged football and a very low spend.

There is more than one way to flog a cat, as they say and given our circumstances we're in no position to attempt Burnley's method of escaping the division.
17:54, Sat 2 Dec
Charcy
bluer than blues
Not quite a relegation battle just yet but...

1 win in 8.
6 losses.
4 points from a possible 24.
Playing football that the squad can't accommodate that has the occasional splash of good football with large dollops of crap football.
It's all starting to feel a little Zola.

It was supposed to get better once we got to the likes of Sheff Utd and Rotherham and we could write off the big hitters... Do we write off Coventry and Leicester?

I think we'll be fine in terms of relegation but I thought Rooney's appointment was a mistake and 8 matches in I've not changed my mind.

5 losses, 5 points

My mistake. You're correct. Still...
18:25, Sat 2 Dec
Beyond a Boundary
Hello darkness my old friend

I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of relegation
Just a perfect day. Drink sangria in the park And then later, when it gets dark...We go home
18:29, Sat 2 Dec
bluer than blues
WR Blue
BlueSteve
We've seen that average managers can get a tune out of these players. What concerns me is that Rooney can't even do that and consequently I don't know if I can forsee it getting any better even if he does bring his own new players in. It's all very well saying that stats show that this is the type of football that gets teams out of the championship, but there are many different factors that go into moulding a group of players into a cohesive team that can outplay others at this level and win more than they lose.

The proof is in the pudding and this pudding is awful.

Hmm. Stats in isolation can be misleading. Burnley played with attacking flair and got promotion but they outspent the rest of the league by a country mile. Luton, on the other hand, got promoted through pragmatic, dogged football and a very low spend.

There is more than one way to flog a cat, as they say and given our circumstances we're in no position to attempt Burnley's method of escaping the division.

Plus we're not playing attacking, flair football