21:03, Sat 2 Dec
Colonia
Nikola Zigic
I dunno, he's given our some pretty big contracts to a coaching team that look to have lost the dressing room and fan support already.

Probably a big chunk of the summer budget gone if we sack them.

I wondered how long it would be until some came out with that cliché. 😆

I know, sorry. I do think there's truth to it though.

I firmly believe in line management that you give praise publicly and criticise privately.

Slagging them over and over in the press doesn't get people fighting for you.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
21:10, Sat 2 Dec
Most people expect Rooney to be given until roughly this time next year and the full backing of the board financially, as he is their man, and particularly next summer when they will no doubt spend as much as possible within FPP limits and they may be correct (unless we are in real danger of relegation with say 6 games left). However, as businessmen, doubts must surely be starting to creep in on this matter. He had no money to spend at Derby or DC United so is unproven in this area just as his managerial skills are. I know that our recruitment team will play the major role in purchasing these new players but will they still be confident in spending their hedge fund members money on players for WR when his current record shows no evidence of either improving players of gelling a team together.
21:14, Sat 2 Dec
I think they stick with him as long as possible, the amount it will take to pay him and his staff off will be the biggest factor imo, the second biggest factor being it is Cook's man and will they then trust Cook to appoint the next manager after that?

I do believe Rooney has been given the worst possible scenario though, to come in straight after a popular manager in regards to both fans and players was always an uphill battle throw in the fact that he hasn't been given a pre-season, hasn't been able to sign any of his own players and was given the toughest set of fixtures in the season to start (up until the sheff weds game). I'm not sure Rooney would've succeeded either way but at least give him a fighting chance and it appears he hasn't been given that chance whether by Cook or Wagner.
21:51, Sat 2 Dec
I think Rooney is probably on a shorter leash than people imagine. Cook said quite sternly at the open house that Rooney knows exactly what's expected of him.

Was just my interpretation but I thought it was a message if results continue to be shite they'll get rid.

I hope to eff it works cos I do like Rooney but it's tough to see it getting any better at the moment.
21:55, Sat 2 Dec
I was reminded by a friend earlier of Garry Cook mentioning on a number of occasions that Knighthead would never have bought blues if we had been relegated last season.

If we get anywhere near a relegation battle they’ll bin Rooney off, I’m sure of it.
C'est la vie
21:59, Sat 2 Dec
Is there any money for transfers is my big question? Given the cost of the coaching staff and manager, plus the P&L hole we’re already in, can they spend? Can they afford to sack him and bring in new management? I genuinely don’t know, they’ll increase revenue but I doubt significantly in this financial year, they’ll capitalise a lot of costs this year but some won’t be.

I’m very dubious we can spend much at all to be honest.
22:18, Sat 2 Dec
Mithrandir
I was reminded by a friend earlier of Garry Cook mentioning on a number of occasions that Knighthead would never have bought blues if we had been relegated last season.

If we get anywhere near a relegation battle they’ll bin Rooney off, I’m sure of it.
I’m certain that was an untruth. Football is full of them
Tony Fantastico
22:22, Sat 2 Dec

Even pout it in writing ... line 4

[www.bcfc.com]
22:50, Sat 2 Dec
What happens when the gates drop down to below 14/15,000 will they be content with that and the massive drop in income, I don't think so.