15:11, Tue 5 Dec
Louie Donowa
I guess it's like that Monk season where we didn't win for ages but we felt we were playing well.

It was one of the few times most people were united despite results as they were.

That was 2018-19? 6 draws and two defeats in the first 8 games?

The thing about Monk though was as soon as he arrived in March of the previous season there was an immediate improvement- we lost to Boro and Cardiff but looked so much more organised and went on to win 5 of the remaining 9, with 1 draw and 3 defeats. So it was much easier to have faith that he’d turn things round the following season after that relatively poor start.

We’ve seen next to no real evidence yet- that first half v Ipswich aside- that WR can turn this around. I really hope he can though, not just for the club but also for him- I like the guy, despite everything so far.
15:43, Tue 5 Dec
David Xavis
Would be fine as could see it was going to come, my concern at the min is that we seem to play OK for 45 mins or less (Ipswich/Blackburn) and then the following game we look dreadful. There doesn't seem to be a sign of steady progress, it's all over the place.

The question for me is why is it only that period in the Ipswich game (and parts of the Blackburn game) that we played that well? I think it's quite clear from things that WR has said that that is the way he wants to play. So why have we only been capable of doing it for such small periods?
Is it the coaching? Is it the players?
If they've done it once (maybe twice) it would suggest that the players understand what WR wants them to do and are capable of doing it. So why haven't they done it more?
15:57, Tue 5 Dec
It could be that there are two teams in every game!
08:15, Wed 6 Dec
And Ipswich are the best team we have played, yet turned in our best performance of WRs tenure against them
12:36, Wed 6 Dec
I think Saints and Hull looked better, as bad as we were in those games.

Re OP, i'd be more supportive of the process/ Rooney if the evidence was clear. Even under Zola we played some nice stuff and fans were generally pretty patient.

As mentioned, it's the inconsistency and lack of clear plan (I still don't know exactly what Rooney is trying to implement).

Also, i'm increasingly concerned by how open we are, and if we do end up in a relegation battle, I don't believe Rooney is able to set us up to be more solid in defence.
12:59, Wed 6 Dec
I'm not angry, just saddened that it feels as though we're repeating past mistakes.

To answer you question, yes if we were playing well but not getting the points I'd be far more relaxed. I just want to see a sense of cohesion.
I'd like to offer up another question:

If Rooney reverted to a more, shall we say, Eustace style of play and we started gaining points, would people be frustrated that he'd abandoned his ideology?