22:51, Fri 8 Dec
Icm2023
Bluenose27
We don’t have the players to play this Brighton style football that they want either.

I would agree but what’s more concerning is it’s not like they are trying and making mistakes or just can’t do it. It looks like they haven’t had any coaching on how to play a system, unless that system is chaos.

It’s like we pass the ball to somebody and expect them to do something with it. There is no triangles, 3rd man runs or just people showing for the ball. It’s like every man for themselves on the pitch.

I still can’t work out what our identity is trying to be under Rooney I think he has lost confidence in possession based high tempo himself and now we are just in no mans land.

This is what I said, it's like playground football. We have no team play
When I arrive I am causing a Heatwave
22:52, Fri 8 Dec
Stick to your guns, he has the owners backing. I’m a believer of what the manager says goes and if you don’t like it there’s the door.
23:02, Fri 8 Dec
Stick to what guns?

We’re not doing anything, we don’t defend, we don’t keep the ball, we don’t create anything, we don’t cross the ball, we just kind of exist on the pitch.

I’d have more respect if we were trying to play the same way each game, we’re not, it’s like being under Lee Bowyer again
Happy Clapper
23:03, Fri 8 Dec
I’ll go one worse. It’s like being back under Karanka.
23:05, Fri 8 Dec
If you were Rooney right now would you stick to your guns or would you try to shut up shop and stop the rot?

Id be adding up the termination fee.
If you were Rooney right now would you stick to your guns or would you try to shut up shop and stop the rot?

get pished probably, fight some Mancs, and then find a brothel

I’d be up for a bit of that, apart from the fighting. I’d certainly abuse the manc bastard on line while I was waiting my turn though.
23:29, Fri 8 Dec
Icm2023
Bluenose27
We don’t have the players to play this Brighton style football that they want either.

I would agree but what’s more concerning is it’s not like they are trying and making mistakes or just can’t do it. It looks like they haven’t had any coaching on how to play a system, unless that system is chaos.

It’s like we pass the ball to somebody and expect them to do something with it. There is no triangles, 3rd man runs or just people showing for the ball. It’s like every man for themselves on the pitch.

I still can’t work out what our identity is trying to be under Rooney I think he has lost confidence in possession based high tempo himself and now we are just in no mans land.

yeah this is the frustrating part

i don't necessarily think we 'don't have the players for this style' because we haven't even tried to play 'this style' yet

ol' john had us playing better, more progressive, better coached passing football in the short term

i could stomach these performances more if we were actually trying to play the brand of football we were promised