07:42, Sun 10 Dec
Le Mod
Came with a great reputation for doing a great job in Spain. If WR had a great record there would be far more patience, as it is people are concerned we’re gonna give more time to the wrong guy.

This is the crux of it and why I'm bemused by the stringent of Rooney. I get that people want to get behind the team but some are actively slagging the team to defend the manager.

It's weird ... those defending Rooney say "be a true supporter and support your club" ... yet they blame other fans for our performances (just weird), they blame the players, they blame the fixtures, they blame absolutely everything apart from the manager, next they'll be blaming the Mars conjunct Jupiter transit ..... how is any of that "supporting the club" ?

How is watching idly by and just accepting the team performing so badly and meekly accepting it classed as being a supporter
08:06, Sun 10 Dec
bluer than blues
Le Mod
Came with a great reputation for doing a great job in Spain. If WR had a great record there would be far more patience, as it is people are concerned we’re gonna give more time to the wrong guy.

This is the crux of it and why I'm bemused by the stringent of Rooney. I get that people want to get behind the team but some are actively slagging the team to defend the manager.
I won’t defend Rooney or people like Bielik. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Bielik and others can work harder and deserve criticism, Rooney could have stuck to one playing style rather than changing almost every game to make things easier. But at games I won’t slag either players or Rooney. It achieves nothing. I’d sooner leave than do that like I did on Friday
Tony Fantastico
08:11, Sun 10 Dec
Iain_Gavin
Came in with the demand to change the style of football at the club. Had a full pre season, started awfully and fans wanted him out. Just won 4 and drew 1 of the last 5

Reason for optimism?

No.....
He's a proven manager with proven pedigree.
08:19, Sun 10 Dec
It could be. Thing is looking at there stats early on they looked like they could score a goal each game early on. I'm worried that our defense has massively regressed and attack not really improved. If you look like you can attack people will give you a chance and more time.

Just look at our stats under eustace and since Rooney came in. Much higher goals against and minimal increased in our likely hood to score.

[fbref.com]
08:22, Sun 10 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
bluer than blues
Le Mod

I won’t defend Rooney or people like Bielik. It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Bielik and others can work harder and deserve criticism, Rooney could have stuck to one playing style rather than changing almost every game to make things easier. But at games I won’t slag either players or Rooney. It achieves nothing. I’d sooner leave than do that like I did on Friday

I agree with you, Rab.

I think collectively we've been poor and my take on it is that has happened since Rooney has come in. What has frustrated me is the extreme positions on both sides some fans are taking.

It's really sad that this is the situation because pre Rooney's appointment, we were all happy and unified.