11:17, Sun 10 Dec
Blues fans seemed to have got very polarise, with its all the manager or all the players fault.

I think you can blame it on a combination of.
Unrealistic expectations placed on Rooney by the boards "world class" and no fear football" statements
The apparent need to change everything on the pitch now, when we were 6th
A manager with no real understanding of the players ability
A new system that seemed to suit no one in the team, and no one seemed to really understand it.
Negative results leading to players getting criticised in public re fitness ability and desire
Leading to some, but only a few of those players, now seeming to have downed tools (Beilik on Friday)

If you ask me the fault is largely with a manager we should never have appointed. Bought in at the wrong time, with far to many expectations. That has led to a “long on promises, short on delivery situation”
The fact that Jellyfish have survived for 500 million years without a brain, must give hope to a lot of people
11:27, Sun 10 Dec
Some fans have become entitled pricks.

The end.
11:34, Sun 10 Dec
Generally those who Witter on endlessly about dvb's.
The cold never bothered me anyway
11:34, Sun 10 Dec
I don't buy into the "Downed tools" theory.

They're not just going to down tools on a matchday, you'd see it in training. So the player wouldn't get a start. And if you thought for a second they'd "downed tools" mid game, they'd get hooked.

It's a convenient theory, but doesn't hold up to any scrutiny.

How do we know the player's not carrying an injury/niggle, and has been asked to play through it ?
11:39, Sun 10 Dec
quark
with far to many expectations
I don't think expecting Rooney to make us look like a coherent football team that plays some decent stuff that looks like they could challenge for the top 6 once better players come in is that high of an expectation.

We have been served up a lot of dross for over a decade so despite new owners I still think our expectations on the whole as a fan base are quite low. Majority of us would have been delighted with some good football and a top half finish.

Instead we are watching some of the worst stuff we've played over the last decade and have seen nothing to suggest it'll get any better even if we managed to bring in several new players. Everything has got worse and if anything the fanbase is becoming less polarised and more together interms of wanting to see a change in management (again, sigh).

Even if we don't win any of the next three but play some good stuff with a clear identity I think we can be a bit more patient but if what we've seen lately continues then eventually the board won't have much choice.
11:40, Sun 10 Dec
Yes, supporters have become polarised. I’m guilty. The more I have seen the vitriol towards Rooney, the more I feel obliged to support him.

The tone of your post is correct. We have players who, quite disgracefully, have decided not to put in the effort for Rooney, and the manager not knowing the best was to get them putting that effort in. It’s a combination that is worrying.

However, for me, the players are getting paid a wage and are obliged to give 100% for the club, the owners and the fans. I don’t care if they don’t like the manager. It’s their job.

As a Rooney backer, I can’t argue that he is struggling badly and while I think he can turn it round, there isn’t any guarantees.

What I hope though is that I don’t ever use the sort of vitriolic language about those fans who don’t want Rooney here, as some have used about us who back him.

I wish everyone a very happy Christmas.
11:41, Sun 10 Dec
It about time someone pointed all that out. Well done.
11:48, Sun 10 Dec
I’m with you Falsaff, on your first point. The more abuse he gets the more I feel the need to ride on me white charger to defend him. Same as I did with Villa John.

You can’t have a discussion now though, the enshittification of the interweb and this message is writ large on this issue
Tam
11:53, Sun 10 Dec
I can’t really see him succeeding at Blues for a variety of reasons, but - apart from wanting him to succeed for the good of the club - the abuse towards him makes me want him to succeed just that little bit more.

I’m struggling to see it, tbh, but it would be great if his success would shut his abusers up. Criticism? Fair enough. Abuse? That’s not right.
Make Blues Great Again
11:56, Sun 10 Dec
Tam
Tam
I can’t really see him succeeding at Blues for a variety of reasons, but - apart from wanting him to succeed for the good of the club - the abuse towards him makes me want him to succeed just that little bit more.

I’m struggling to see it, tbh, but it would be great if his success would shut his abusers up. Criticism? Fair enough. Abuse? That’s not right.
100% agree
12:16, Sun 10 Dec
I don't think the players have consciously downed tools but I do think they are very unhappy. A player is always going to run harder for a manager they like and respect.
12:20, Sun 10 Dec
Thongs

The end.

The ones that never go
13:24, Sun 10 Dec

The end.

Jesus H Christ 😳.

Entitled Blues?,in what World does that fit in?.

Look in the mirror mate,I'd never call another Blues a pr*ck.

You're wierd.

I have a long memory unfortunately for me,you were one of the main cheerleaders for Zola back then,how did that turn out for you eh ?.

History is repeating itself,you were an oaf then and you're an oaf now.

Trot on.
Good to see you’d never call another fan a prick.
14:14, Sun 10 Dec
Can I just congratulate you on the use of ‘enshitification’. In my view a much better contender for word of the year than the lane ‘rizz’.