16:47, Sun 10 Dec
bluer than blues
To be fair to Luton, they've not had a lucky season. Their owners have made consistently good decisions over a number of seasons, using their resources phenomenally well. If they come back down, I'd have them favourites to come straight back up.

They've definitely made good decisions - I'm not doubting that at all or taking any credit away from Luton but you need a decent amount of luck to get yourself promoted with the sort of squad they had. Prior to last season when Morris scored 20 goals for them, he'd never hit double figures before! Again, that'll be partly down to good coaching and scouting to get the right player in but you can have all of that and it not work out.

As for coming straight back up? Maybe. It depends if they can hold on to their key players, whether the players are all motivated to give it another go having been relegated and so on. Lots of better teams than them have come down and struggled.
16:47, Sun 10 Dec
Rab C Nesbitt
They just don’t know how to apply some most laws

Partly it's the system and partly it's the constant barrage from managers but the officials have lost sense of the rules and VAR are terrified of giving anything now.
16:50, Sun 10 Dec
Yes true. I think they've done sensible business this summer. Chong for example isn't going anywhere and he'll be a good player in the champ. They will probably lose one or two but they'll get a good fee for them, keep most of their team together, and have a sizeable war chest given they've not spent much this season.
17:16, Sun 10 Dec
Beyond a Boundary
Rab C Nesbitt
They just don’t know how to apply some laws

These new rules are, in aggregate, all about helping the big boys keep egg off their faces.

[www.theguardian.com]
👍
Tony Fantastico
17:18, Sun 10 Dec
bluer than blues
Rab C Nesbitt
They just don’t know how to apply some most laws

Partly it's the system and partly it's the constant barrage from managers but the officials have lost sense of the rules and VAR are terrified of giving anything now.
Some are so basic though. DvB Martinez held the ball for 31 seconds yesterday. Thats5 times longer than allowed. It’s nuts
Tony Fantastico