13:21, Mon 11 Dec
WomTagner
Freddie Pickering
Yes they have got most things right, but they need to sort this Rooney thing soon as it's destroyed the feel good factor already.
It's a try to keep the club up now job.

Problem we're gonna have is who do we get in?

I'd love Ralph Hussenthal.

I'd also be happy with Mowbray.

No chance of the likes of Potter or Bielsa.
13:23, Mon 11 Dec
Players haven’t got the fitness for Bielsa, not that he’d come to us anyway and I believe he’s currently manager of Uruguay.

I said on another thread I’d be more than happy with Mowbray. Good championship manager, plays decent enough football as well.
13:24, Mon 11 Dec
Buddy Mercer
He’s a Blues fan that took the opportunity to sack a DvB.

Living the dream.

I take it Craig Gardner has something on him then?

I wouldn't bother replying to him Buddy.

Just a WUM
13:33, Mon 11 Dec
b34blues
The question first and foremost is if cook and Wagner are both friends of Rooney then WHO is the one that will get the job of telling him he’s sacked ! Because this can’t drag on another 4 or 5 games then we will be in big trouble .
"
Line up at Henley - "Step forward if you are Manager of Birmingham City" - Whoa there Wayne
BCFC - Letting me down for 50 years
14:02, Mon 11 Dec
Freddie Pickering
Yes they have got most things right, but they need to sort this Rooney thing soon as it's destroyed the feel good factor already.
It's a try to keep the club up now job.

Problem we're gonna have is who do we get in?

We're looking for somebody who's at the top of their game and has been for years, has global appeal (particularly in the States) is not afraid of the sack and more importantly is available soon.

It's Father Christmas, isn't it?
14:52, Mon 11 Dec
Bluenose27
Players haven’t got the fitness for Bielsa, not that he’d come to us anyway and I believe he’s currently manager of Uruguay.

I said on another thread I’d be more than happy with Mowbray. Good championship manager, plays decent enough football as well.

Sunderland fans were happy for Mowbray to go and felt he was limiting them - on that basis, even though clearly us fans no eff all based on how divided we have been and both sides can't be right, I'd rather not go for him - I don't feel he matches our ambitions. He is better than JE but not by enough.

Hassenhuttl is sexy enough though
Paul Gascoigne
Mowbray would be a nice appointment for 18 months, lay the groundwork ahead of a bigger name coming in during summer 2025 after a steady season.

Not sure Knighthead would wait that long mind.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
15:06, Mon 11 Dec
Hassenhutll would be great but don’t think he’d want to come to us. I said Mowbray because he got Sunderland to play offs last season, Blackburn finished 7th the year before. As with JE, he might not get us promoted but I’d imagine we won’t get relegated and he’ll take us in the right direction.
15:06, Mon 11 Dec
Yeah I think it's a steady hand that plays the right way. It's the most sensible 'realistic' appointment out of them all.
“Oh Nikola Zigic”

H
15:15, Mon 11 Dec
Bluenose27
Hassenhutll would be great but don’t think he’d want to come to us. I said Mowbray because he got Sunderland to play offs last season, Blackburn finished 7th the year before. As with JE, he might not get us promoted but I’d imagine we won’t get relegated and he’ll take us in the right direction.

I had always thought positively of him, and my opinion only changed after reading how happy the Sunderland fans were for him to go - I was surprised.

I wouldn't be disappointed and he is better than a lot of the names being mentioned, Neill, Beale, Warnock etc, but Hassenhuttl for me - would love to see the gegenpress working beautifully but yeah, he may not want to come as he did turn down Hoffenheim, but feel Wagner could sweet talk him
15:20, Mon 11 Dec
actually it’s divided opinion, much like on here, so ‘Sunderland fans are happy’ is about as true as ‘blues fans are happy with Eustace being sacked’

Sounds like he fell out with Speakman who was trying to pick the team.
15:53, Mon 11 Dec
Just happened upon an article on Hassenhuttlein the Athletic

Some players had hoped Hasenhuttl would leave at the end of last season and viewed a potential departure as having a deciding influence on their own futures. They voiced their concerns to the board.

the mood in the dressing room had turned to one of scepticism, with Hasenhuttl described by some sources, who have asked to remain anonymous to protect their jobs, as having a limited relationship and limited interaction with his players.

They felt Hasenhuttl’s man-management and communication skills had long been a problem but would tend to exacerbate and become even more insular when form nosedived. Those players likened the way he talked to them to a headteacher

Hasenhuttl felt putting an arm around their shoulder would take too much investment. If he did it once, he would have to do it every time.

Hasenhuttl has been known not to speak to players on the periphery for months at a time, offering no direction when they are left out of the team. A separate source, again speaking on the condition of anonymity, recalled one occasion towards the back end of last season, when the manager promised a player he would start a game away from home. But he later reneged, relying on a senior squad member to tell them the news

Some more experienced professionals would, at times, make their frustration known over the way he was perceived to talk to players — which did sometimes result in heated exchanges

His emotion on the touchline increasingly rankled players

If a player missed a chance, Hasenhuttl would immediately tell a substitute who played in that position to warm up, with one source saying: “The lads do not know if he’s coming or going. It means it is difficult for the players to know where they stand.”

Players noted how Hasenhuttl’s body language on the touchline would appear negative more often than not, regularly throwing his hands up in the air rather than providing words of encouragement.

Players would take note of how Hasenhuttl would do a lap of honour after a win, sometimes waiting until they had returned to the dressing room before receiving adulation from supporters. When Southampton lost, however, he would be the first down the tunnel.

I love tha bastard already. Gerrimin
16:44, Mon 11 Dec
haha i would love him too.

think a lot of the negatives there may be a result of him being there so long, and also whether he was being managed properly himself.

he basically had to operate on an austerity budget losing his best players every summer, yet still kept them up regardless, probably influenced his mood too.
16:57, Mon 11 Dec
There were lots of positives in the article too. I was playing silly buggers.