11:28, Mon 11 Dec
ye came from him.

also mentions they are fine with paying his high salary

getting that off the books in January would be a huge help
12:13, Mon 11 Dec
Rags
.......... to Sheffield Wednesday is the rumour

NOT ITK ... just read it a few places

If Hogan aims for Sheffield Wednesday he’ll end up in Barnsley.
12:18, Mon 11 Dec
Unfortunately, still a better option than Burke or Juke for us
12:28, Mon 11 Dec
My Blue Heaven
Unfortunately, still a better option than Burke or Juke for us

I agree, and what an indictment that is of our recruitment team
12:38, Mon 11 Dec
I don’t think that’s totally fair. It was clear they tried to get better strikers in but couldn’t force it through. We got Stansfield as well who has been decent, albeit not much good recently but who has under Rooney. Burke was a last minute panic signing as we needed a striker. He’s on loan as well, so to free up a loan slot I’d be definitely sending him back in Jan.
12:41, Mon 11 Dec
Why would he move hes not interested in playing football been sat on his arse for 2 seasons under different managers taking his wages its a great life and hes got away with it .
12:41, Mon 11 Dec
because they might offer him a longer contract and more security than he has now
12:49, Mon 11 Dec
He was out top scorer last season with ten.

I can’t see anyone topping that this season, even Stansfield.
13:04, Mon 11 Dec
Bluenose27
I don’t think that’s totally fair. It was clear they tried to get better strikers in but couldn’t force it through. We got Stansfield as well who has been decent, albeit not much good recently but who has under Rooney. Burke was a last minute panic signing as we needed a striker. He’s on loan as well, so to free up a loan slot I’d be definitely sending him back in Jan.

Yes it was clear they tried to and have been trying since Juke partnered Che Adams, and have failed at every window hence my comment.
13:07, Mon 11 Dec
That’s a fair comment tbf. Didn’t realise you were talking about the previous windows as well. In that sense yeah I agree, as Adams left in 2019, and 4 years later still haven’t replaced him.
Dan
13:09, Mon 11 Dec
bluebone
Why would he move hes not interested in playing football been sat on his arse for 2 seasons under different managers taking his wages its a great life and hes got away with it .

He played in 37 games out of 46 last season, 30 of which he started.
14:18, Mon 11 Dec
Dan
Hogan was good before the World Cup break and scored was it 9 or 10 just from memory. I think he did his groin just before the break and played quite a few games after it clearly not fit due to us being very thin on the ground with strikers. He has had about three really good bursts of form with being fairly prolific with us over 4 yrs ish but also spells where he has disappeared into his shell. I still would be very careful about letting him go to a club around or below us in the table just in case.
14:49, Mon 11 Dec
We'll miss his goal.
15:04, Mon 11 Dec
I'd rather let the youngsters have a go - we have seen what Hogan can offer. Dixon deserves a chance before we go back to Hogan.